main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, when they said first quarter, I just assumed they were talking no later than March. So, whatever. :(

2. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    There's a new blog post at SW.com about the necessity of "keeping secrets" at LFL these days. It is from the publishing editor so it's probably addressing the EU rumors but the author assures us all will be revealed when well "baked". Who knows, it's vague enough it could be addressing the BC as well.[face_praying]

al patrickson likes this.
  3. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    Well, on a note similar to that, Star Wars on the Small Screen says we will be getting news about the BC coming next week. Probably got world from LFL to back it up, but can't be sure yet. Anyway, here's the link for proof: https://mobile.twitter.com/swotss/status/431899071931236353.

4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Wednesday has opened back up!

So now, the current "TBA" time slots on DisneyXD for the next 2 weeks are as follows:

Monday 2/17 5-6:45pm EST (105 min.)
    Wednesday 2/19 5-6:45pm EST (105 min.)
    Thursday 2/20 5-6:45pm EST (105 min.)
    Friday 2/21 5-6:55pm EST (115 min.)
    Saturday 2/22/ 2-3:53pm EST (113 min.)

5. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    That would be nice :). Anyway, Super RTL is airing the last episodes of Season 5 tonight. Maybe they'll show a new commercial for Season 6/BC? Hopefully someone will record it...

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I bet its just about the German transmission as that is basically next week.

I think we are reading too much into this. 105 minutes would fit a 4 part arc but we know that some arcs are 3 episodes and 2 episodes so the timings do not fit.

7. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

I'm not saying that TCW BC is going to be there...I'm just saying that because they are "TBA" times lots, there is a very small possibility (but a possibility nonetheless from the fans' perspective) of the BC getting scheduled there and as long as we have TBA time slots on DisneyXD, I'm going to update what they are on here as potential air date/times...

8. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    Should I? I can try to record it, if I don´t forget...

podjazd likes this.
  9. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Hey, guys. So, I have an update on the tweet we got from Star Wars on the Small Screen about BC news coming next week. So, yesterday, I asked if that meant we would get official news on a USA release date and here's what they responded to: https://mobile.twitter.com/swotss/status/432158722857914368. And, just now I asked him one last question, which I am sure he'll respond to later which was if it was Lucasfilm-approved. If it is, we may get our official BC announcement next week. What do you guys think? Should we take caution to this and wait and see? Or should we just go with it?

Atantiabo likes this.
  10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Always wait and see. Never celebrate too early. We do not know how reliable this person is.

Obimus Primobi and Darkslayer like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Never take spoilers from strangers.

12. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    OK. I guess that's always what we have to do in Star Wars. Wait and see.

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As far as franchises go, SW has very little waiting time between releases. There's just so much stuff. 5-10 full-length novels a year. 30-50 comics. Video games. Behind-the-scenes books.

It's not like waiting for the next book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, where you go 5-6 years between installments.

I wouldn't be worried about never getting the bonus content until we start seeing actual trailers for Rebels.

podjazd and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  14. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    I´m almost afraid to start reading ASOIAF, cause of that... :D

07jonesj likes this.
  15. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    While the waiting for the last two books sucks, it's definitely worth it. Martin not only creates interesting characters and a world to explore, but his prose is strong too. Hopefully, it won't be much longer anyhow, as otherwise the TV show will catch up and have no more material to adapt.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Such true words...

17. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Just throwing this idea out there. I have no real basis for it and may be completely wrong.

Filoni had indicated pretty close to the announced conclusion of production on the series that we would be seeing the Bounty Hunter arc. I feel like at that point he would have had a pretty clear picture of what they would be able to finish. Gathering info from other interviews with VA's, production crew, etc. it seems likely that they would have had the capacity to finish closer to a full season than a half season (17 vs. 13 episodes).

We don't necessarily know that the Bounty Hunter arc was not finished, nor do we know we won't see it in some form. All we know (given that all the information from RTL is accurate), is that the episodes will not air on TV.

Perhaps the episodes aren't able to be aired due to their content. I don't know if any episodes have been kept off the air for this purpose in the past, but we do know that several episodes, particularly in latter seasons were edited for broadcast (notably the Maul arc). Given the subject of a Bounty Hunter arc, and the increasingly dark nature of the show, it's certainly possible that these episodes may have contained material that would require editing for broadcast. However, with only a skeleton crew the primary focus would likely be finishing as many episodes as possible. There may not have been time or resources to create a broadcast version of the episodes, and thus the arc simply was not aired, being left for the DVD / Blu ray release. It's not unprecedented for The Clone Wars to have non-censored versions of episodes on the physical disc release and given the unique circumstances in which the bonus content episodes were completed, it would seem reasonable that they couldn't dedicate the time to edit scenes or episodes, as simple as it may be, to make a version for broadcast. Another point to consider may be that the broadcast on TV was simply an afterthought and thus the production crew wasn't even thinking in those terms. Thus when it came time for a TV broadcast, they didn't prepare episodes with necessary cuts or edits to meet TV standards. By all accounts, this RTL broadcast was clearly not the only intended release platform. It's possible they made directorial editing choices based on a different release platform and thus the quick solution (only solution in this case) was to simply not broadcast episodes which didn't fit TV standards.

Barriss_Coffee and al patrickson like this.
  18. Atantiabo

Atantiabo Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2012
    Assuming that the BC announcement/broadcasting is delayed because of legal tug o' war between Disney and CN, how can we hope that the BC BD/DVD is going to be distributed by Disney, since all along, all seasons are produced by Warner Bros?

19. Tammy Mac

Tammy Mac Jedi Knight

Dec 10, 2013
    IF it were completed, I wouldn't put it past Disney to hold on to the Bounty Hunters arc and release it later as a Direct-to-DVD movie, instead of under the Clone Wars brand. I mean, this is Disney... Why do one DVD release, when you can do two?

Star Wars: Bounty Hunters... The Rise of Boba Fett

...or something like that.

Also, if Fett is to appear in in Rebels, Episode VII or his own spinoff Movie, it would serve as additional bonus material for relatively low expense.

cwustudent and Darkslayer like this.
  20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

None of the seasons have ever been produced by Warner Brothers. All seasons have always been produced by Lucasfilm. The show always remained the property of Lucasfilm. CN/Warner never owned it, nor did they ever fund for production costs either. That was all Lucas, on his own money. CN/Warner only had the rights to broadcast it. They never produced it.

21. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    That's....actually a really good idea as to why it isn't on the German list. Release it Summer of 2015 or something in "anticipation" for a Boba Fett spinoff. I would rather have it sooner, but as long as we end up getting it...

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I think the BH arc isn't on the German list because it wasn't far along enough in production to complete it. I think if it was done they would air it. Never thought we were getting this arc and still don't. The best we can hope for is maybe getting the audio with storyboards (or whatever early stuff was done) for that and some of the other eps we know they recorded as a bonus feature on a disc release someday.

23. Darth Mateus

Sep 6, 2013
    So I watched the SuperRTL TCW S5 finale, unfortunately there was no trailer for BC in the end...

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The problem is, is that it was said that we would see Cad Bane's ship in the Bonus Content and when that was revealed, the concept art was shown which showed the production code. They wouldn't have said that at the time if they were not still working on it. It was being worked on right up until Lucasfilm workers were laid off too, which was AFTER the bonus content was announced, so the stories must have been selected before then to be finished. Otherwise why continue working on something after the bonus content was announced if it was never going to be finished?

I do see your point but we do not know how many episodes the bonus content will be. The German site has never revealed any numbers or episodes they will be airing either. Sources are not always reliable and we have had plenty of experiences with sources that are not reliable at all.

I do not think we will get it either but there is evidence which points to it at least.

25. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    OMG, they just showed it! There was Shaak Ti, Palpatine, baby clones in cloning tanks... :D - just what I saw in the trailer in Warsaw!