main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What other forms of evil should appear in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 10, 2014.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Though im sure the Empire would be the main threat to the crew of the Ghost. I do hope that we get other forms of evil, that are not allied to the empire, and perhaps even anti-empire themselves.

Pirates? Other kinds of criminals (perhaps hutts)? Terrorists (would be interesting to show an anti-empire faction that acts very immoral, murdering civilians to make a point, etc, to achieve their ends, showing that just because someone opposes the empire does not always make them apart of the good guys)?

I also wouldn't mind seeing a rouge darksider, that is not allied/working with the empire/sith (rouge ex-jedi turned to the darkside and is out for revenge against them, or perhaps a darksider that is ex-imperial). Would be nice to have a force sensitive threat for the good guys that is not working for the empire/sith (we got something similar to that in TCW, would like to see it return).

What kind/type of villains besides the empire, would you want to see in Rebels?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Corrupt businessman and politicians.
    Abusers.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Definitely a rogue dark sider. And a few bounty hunter/mercenary types, although they aren't necessarily "evil," just working for themselves rather than picking a solid "side."

I don't know about pirates, they were a bit overdone in TCW (sorry Hondo fans).

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Xizor. And Guri. Definitely Guri.

The only thing I worry about with her is that *some* ignorant quarters might accuse SW of "copying Terminator" or some such nonsense. But then their opinions don't matter IMHO. So yeah, I'd love to see her in.

Actuall, Guri isn't "evil" per se, but she was created for and given programming to serve an evil man, which she couldn't break on her own. By the end of her story in the EU she was seeking out a skilled slicer who could break her hardwired serve-black-sun programming and make her a free "woman" as it were.

5. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Hutts that are more villainous and less comical.

SeparatistFan and Contessa like this.
  6. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Pirates
    Gangsters
    Rogue Jedi/Dark Jedi
    A rebel group that is as 'amoral' as the Empire is supposed to be/more amoral.

It would definitely add more depth to the show with more than one faction, all of whom are necessarily good/evil in the traditional sense.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    This.

I figure the Rebel Alliance will be just as solidly good as it was in the films. But I'd like to see other precursor groups or another Rebel group that has more of a "win by any means necessary" kind of philosophy.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The idea of a pre-Alliance terrorist group is actually pretty good; it would allow the Emperor to say "these Rebels are just like the terrorists who have been attacking us all along!" It would mean a rocky start for the Alliance because they'd have to overcome the prejudices caused by said terrorist group. Maybe not even the whole group is evil, but they just have an ex-Separatist leader or something like that, someone who is willing to win by playing dirty and hurting innocents.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I wanna see this guy from Star Trek TNG's "Skin of Evil"
    [​IMG]

He'll be the physical incarnation of the dark side in a trilogy of episode similar to Mortis.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That guy would scare the hell out of me if he showed up in a cave somewhere.

Or if he showed up anywhere.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol I've literally never heard that.

You must not have seen the episode.

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah. But I figured there was a joke somewhere when you mentioned Mortis. :p

13. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Heh. Much like the Xenomorph skull in the Yautja ship in Predator II, which was initially placed there as a joke, but ultimately ended up leading to the canonical unity of the two franchises... the insertion of Armus into SW:R will be the first link that allows JJ Abrams to ultimately make the wet dreams of a million nerds come true, and create an actual canonical Trek-Wars crossover.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have seen maybe two episodes of 1966 Trek and whatever Trek movie came out in 1989. That's it.

Handing in my nerd card now...

WatTamborWoo and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I kind of like the idea of there being a villain who can take away Force powers, like Amon from Legend of Korra. Could be useful for the Empire.

darth fluffy likes this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Actually come to think of it, Xenomorphs have appeared in SW too. Stuck in as a background gag, nonetheless since they were never explicitly contradicted they are still "technically" canon. They even have a wookieepedia article. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph

Then of course there is the Corellian YT-1300 that participated in the Battle of Sector 001: http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...n/images/c/c9/Akira_and_Millennium_Falcon.jpg

These things are more interconnected than we think, it seems. Not to mention ET's species which apparently come from the GFFA but ended up in the MW, and in fact on Earth.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013

I could see the Imperials employing the use of ysalamari to interrogate and torture Jedi prisoners, those they don't kill outright, perhaps to learn the location of other Jedi-in-hiding if they have reason to suspect the prisoner is aware of them.

Regarding the thread topic, I'd love to see other dark side groups show up in the show, although I'm really not expecting more than one, if any, to appear. Perhaps they will revisit Dathomir and the Nightsisters, as the Empire quarantined the planet to prevent the witches from leaving offworld.

Still, I'd enjoy it if they showed us some Prophets of the Dark Side, who had a strong relationship to Palpatine since they trained some of his dark side adepts. Maybe show us the Sorcerers of Rhand, the Blackguard, the Kanzer Exiles, the Mercrosa Order, or the Shapers of Kro Var. I could easily see them acting as one-off villains.

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I would rather separate these ideas.

19. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Since this show's supposed to be primarily out in the Outer Rim:
    * Some legitimately threatening Hutts
    * Pirates or slavers
    * Maybe a bounty hunter or two if/after the Ghost crew gets known
    * When they get planet hopping off Lothal, some localized threats like what "Dark Times" did would be a cool way to go
    * Kind of tired of Death Watch after TCW, and if anything Mando-related shows up I want the Protectors or random warrior clan people, but I could dig a Death Watch remnant appearance so long as they aren't all blond white dudes still
    * Terrorist-style rebels
    * A Dark Jedi kind of character, who's on the run from the Empire too, but doesn't care who or what s/he ***** over to keep out of the Empire's grip

Circular Logic and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Which could lead to Dromund Kaas and some TOR references appearing and/or getting mentioned.
    Yes please. I've always loved Xizor and his rivalry with Vader.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just gangsters/criminals in general. The galaxy is such a huge place, enforcing the law everywhere is all but impossible. And at the height of Imperial rule, you have a slew of corrupt politicians and military officers who probably turn the other cheek to rampant crime in their jurisdiction so long as they see a hefty payoff from criminals and gangs every once in a while.

Even showing rebel cells working with these low-life type gangsters would hold great story potential, bringing up the question of just who are the bad guys- these insurgents working with dangerous criminals, or the followers of the Empire, some of whom possibly work with those exact same gangsters.

Which brings me to another type of evil- smugglers. We're all used to the cool cowboy gunslinging scoundrel type like Han, but what if we see the seedier side of that lifestyle- people who possibly do smuggling work for the Empire to circumnavigate official authority on autonomous worlds that aren't fully under Imperial control? That'd be a nice way to shake up certain preconceived notions we have about existing character types in SW.

22. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I think the best fit for this would be CIS remnants. Generals, commanders, etc. who survived the war and are able to get together and reactivate a portion of the forces, using whatever means necessary to deal as much damage as they can to the Empire, whether it be taking Imperials hostage or wiping out an Imperial city's population.

SeparatistFan and CommanderDrenn like this.
  23. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012

I actually love the idea of this. Ventress only became interesting when she ditched the confederacy, I think I wouldn't mind another character in a similar situation.

Contessa likes this.
  24. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Hutts and Bounty Hunters please. The Black Sun and Xizor would be really cool to see.

purplerain and Contessa like this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Star Wars Marvel comics did a very similar arc before Star Trek TNG did:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Darker