main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series If Vader appears, should Anakin as well?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    On the contrary there are a lot of things a competent Force user who was prepared to fight dirty could do to him. Attacking his life support system with the Force, for example. A Force-crush of his chest panel would be bound to eff him up some kinda way. Actually, his life support system should be a weak point that even a non Force user could attack in combat, using EMP grenades of the kind used during the clone wars to knock out droids in a local area.

His helmet and various other metal armored parts of him are good to stick magnetic grenades on in the middle of a duel, forcing him to break off and deal with that while you either break and rally yourself, or use it to press the advantage and wail on him while he deals with the magnetic bomb.

Don't forget, Boba Fett got the jump on him that one time...

Contessa likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    In an EU fanservice story that according to Pablo Hidalgo is not even canon anymore.

Of course you can get the drop on Vader, EMPs are a good idea as is a fight in the water, but he is no more vulnerable than a normal Jedi/Sith. The eyes and throat are weak points that can be attacked just like Vader's chest panel. Through his armor Vader is protected from many attacks that would destroy a normal human being.

A normal Jedi would have to protect his throat from force crushes, Vader his life support panel. Not a huge difference imo.

3. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I love it, thematically and artistically. Beautiful piece, but it's Trevas so don't even expect anything less.

But I've got to stick with what I said earlier: that's early, just after ROTS Vader. That's perfect for early Vader, but it's not the kind of Vader we should have *now*, not in a show set over ten years post ROTS. He's confronted all that by now, got it either out of his system or buried it down deep. I'm looking for ANH Vader now, whose got his demons in a choke hold or under his heel.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'd be surprised if they show Ahsoka. For some reason, I can't imagine her becoming involved at this stage. Maybe right after the war, but not 15 years later, no.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    If they want an unexpected twist for Ahsoka they could have her be the leader of the amoral rebel faction discussed in the other thread.

A bunch of black-flag-hoisting, throat-cutting rebels who behave a bit like the Inglourious Basterds. Maybe a big Wookiee carrying something similar to a baseball bat, approximating the role of the Bear Jew. They will be cruel to the Imperials. And through their cruelty the Imperials will know who they are.

For best shock effect they should be introduced, and go about for a while doing their thing, but the reveal that it's frickin' Ahsoka Tano of all people that's at the head of them, should be held back a bit.

The problem is that kinda group wouldn't fit in the animated Disney show Rebels. Too dark and brutal. Maybe they should do it as a live action.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You know I feel about that character but damn...I might actually enjoy that.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Considering quite a bit of dark and brutal stuff made its way into TCW - I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

8. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder whether or not Tarkin knows that Vader was Anakin.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure in the EU Tarkin pieces it together, or has a strong hunch at least, that Vader and Anakin are the same.

10. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    You are correct. Tarkin "has a strong hunch" according to Death Star (the novel).

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I bet you it wasn't as strong as Quasimodo's.:p
    [​IMG]

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would think that Tarkin flat out knows. Vader tells Tarkin that he senses his old master Obi-Wan aboard the Death Star. Given that Tarkin and Anakin worked together and had mutual respect for each other during TCW, I would think that Tarkin is well aware that Anakin was Obi-Wan's apprentice, and given Tarkin's lack of surprise (outside of the surprise of Obi-Wan being alive and aboard the Death Star), I would think that Tarkin knew, even if it was unspoken.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That was my thought as well. I have assumed that Tarkin knew.

purplerain likes this.
  14. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Considering that Vader called Obi-Wan his old master in a conversation with Tarkin, why did Tarkin only suspect in the Death Star novel?

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It might have been that the text about him "suspecting" is right at the beginning of the novel.

With him throwing out the "Obi-Wan Kenobi? What makes you say that" line, to see if Vader confirms his hunch.

16. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I wouldn't mind that idea. It would allow Matt Lanter to return in flashbacks but also pass on the role to someone else as the voice of Vader (Most likely Matt Sloan). Actually people are mentioning whether or not Tarkin knew Vader was Anakin how many people did actually know besides Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Palpatine? Was the fall of the chosen one revealed or was Vader conceived in the public eye as just a man that Palpatine found and appointed to oversee many of the Empire's operations?

17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Bail Organa knew. How many people he might have told this to I don't know - but he'd need to be utterly certain of the loyalty and confidence of anyone he did tell. His knowledge that Vader was Skywalker is not the sort of thing he would want Vader or Palpatine finding out, for obvious reasons.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The knowledge of Vader = Skywalker was definitely not public or Luke would've found out about it before Empire.

The mystery surrounding Vader could've been an advantage. More scary.

purplerain likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's the type of information you tell no one. As in, maybe not even Breha.

My goodness, can you imagine the type of day-to-day pressure the poor guy was under, especially as working in occasional close contact with the Emperor was part of his job description? Worrying about the Sith picking up on his thoughts/feelings about his daughter's identity - not to mention his funneling credits to the cause of the Alliance? And God help him anytime Leia was actually in the presence of Palpatine and/or Vader.

I really hope we see more of Bail once Rebels hits the airwaves.

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'm not sure. I mean he is a total whitebread in his EU and TCW depictions. As bland as it gets. Maybe if they change his personality a lot, then he could be interesting.
    Sadly many rebel alliance members are as boring as can be. The entire movement never got passed the "goody-goodies" stage.

21. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Ahsoka as a female Aldo Ray? I couldn't be MORE in support of that if I tried!

22. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    The "whitebread" thing is what makes Bail interesting though. The whole rest of the galaxy went to ****, but here's this one guy who's still fighting to be a good dude in a bad time and make things the way they're supposed to be again. He's Ned Stark in a den of snakes.

Iron_lord and Mia Mesharad like this.
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The TCW novels (Clone Wars: Wild Space especially) showcase his personality in more detail - we get to see what he's like in a survival situation - and the personality conflicts between him and Obi-Wan - which end in them being Fire-Forged Friends.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought he was out of character in that novel.

Contessa likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Just how much of his character do we see elsewhere?

People in "survival situations" may act somewhat differently to in "everyday life".