main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hey Bardan_Jusik , looks like your chances of making the postseason just improved. :p

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Trieste, could the Chancellor be at the Storm game? If so, I might kick things off with Wilrax by having him invite Kerry and company to join him in the owners' box. :)

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Kerry will absolutely be attending. After all, this is Kerry Trieste's Farewell Tour. (This is an oblique reference to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's farewell tour in Forget Paris.) This week in Bluebells & Edelweiss I will be outlining the election results, both for Chancellor and the Bakuran elections. In fact, Kerry could even make this into a state visit as Chancellor as part of the Farewell Tour. :D

4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I can work with that. Give me a day or two to get a post up. First, I need to find out if my car problem is just bad/fouled gas or if I'm going to have to pay to fix it.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

To the car part, not you taking time to get a post together. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Oh I'm definitely booing his time to get a post together. That's outrageous! Forget your car, jcgoble3, just get a bike and call it good :p

7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Or just walk. We humans are designed for that, you know.

And excellent posts as always from Trieste and Vehn. There are reasons why it's always interesting to see those two play against each other.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I tried walking to Chipotle. I don't think there's a shoveled sidewalk between my house an there. And a bike would be useless on the slushy, icy roads in this town.

This gives me some ideas for Euceron weather.... [face_devil]

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Luckily, I don't play on Euceron this year. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Mechanic hooked up a diagnostic code reader, got nothing. Shut the engine off and tried to start it again, started right up (it was sputtering and dying earlier). Took it out for a test drive on the highway and the thing ran like a top. Said it was likely either fouled gas (condensation in the talk from letting my tank get down to 1/8 late last month) or a flooded engine. Long story short: I wasn't charged a cent for the diagnostics since he couldn't find anything wrong. I'm hoping it's not an early symptom of something more serious, since I'm going to drive 50 miles from home tonight. Once that's out of the way, post should come late tonight (unlikely) or tomorrow (probably).

EDIT: Oh, and I also need to do the calculations to figure out where in the Euceron year the ELL season currently is. It won't be too long before the start of the season is in more fall-like weather. :D

11. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    That's the nice thing about playing on Nar Shaddaa. We don't have any seasons. Just lots of darkness and the smell of rotting garbage to keep you company [face_laugh]

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Absolutely perfect, Vehn. I can totally see those two going at it like that when the Rim War comes 'round (and I know that because I've been there a few times). :D

13. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    The least I could do [face_laugh]

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I ran the numbers in my head, and the 276 season started in the equivalent of early December in terms of weather. Playoffs would therefore be in the equivalent of February, weather-wise. Eusebus's climate is essentially that of southwest Ohio where I live, except with slightly colder extremes in the winter and hotter extremes in the summer.

The season backs up about 15 days on the Euceron local calendar each year, due to Euceron having a slightly longer year. So by next season, and especially 278, we're looking at a late fall start to the season.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    jcgoble3 And I have to play on Euceron this week.

Hooray.

:p

Vehn I know that song...I think I heard it once upon a dream. ;)

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The Storm might be playing in a storm? How original. :p

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    At this point I'm so sick of the cold and snow that I can't bring myself to subject you guys to it. I think Euceron is going to have a mild winter this season. :)

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am thinking an early winter storm hitting Meshla Vhetin for the finals will be fun though. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    *looks at current record*
    I'll be enjoying the game on the Holo :p

20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice, Trieste. The Chancellor-elect is from Commenor? :D And no worries about the large party; Wilrax can handle them. I'll have a reply up today or tomorrow. Wilrax is going to become a bit of a history buff this season.... :)

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Yeah, I decided for B&E that the Chancellor to follow Kerry wouldn't be a Core worlder, suggesting that Kerry opened up the electorate somewhat and pursued policies that the whole Republic could accept, despite the fact she's an Outer Rimmer. Commenor in the Colonies seemed like a logical place for the next Chancellor to have come from and it turned out to be a happy coincidence that Wilrax invited Kerry and said, "Bring anyone you like." ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Friendly reminder: tomorrow is when your team nominations for the All-Star Game are due. If you do not provide me with nominees, I will choose them myself and you may not like who I choose. :p

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I took some liberties with the timing of the announcement of the Galactic Cup host site. It just seemed to fit better with this post than the one I am planning for next week. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Bardan_Jusik Kids with blasters. This is totally going to end well. :p

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :D So I did maybe telegraph things maybe a little too much.....

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.