main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

TrakNar likes this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...just goes to show you, even someone as all-around awesome as Jennifer Lawrence (4) can be beaten by getting topless in a ****ty music video (3)

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

"And trust me little man I know exactly how you're feeling"

Ulicus likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol at the "Just Because" one. Suddenly, FLAMES! XD

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's funny, because my favorite Mark Hamill moment is near the end of that video when he says "backslash".

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The snow has begun. Already have a coating. I'm not worried, as I have skis. BRING IT ON.

CooperTFN and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hope you guys have enough tauntaun up there.

[​IMG]

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Skis and plenty of tauntaun.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are about eight inches in my back yard with a good inch of sleet on top of it.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Same with mine. Tomorrow will add more.

13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I've learned that one can get the Imperial edition of The Elder Scrolls Online for a mere few dollars more than the standard edition as Green Man Gaming.

[​IMG]

This preorder sale expires on Friday. Though if you want to save some cash, you can get the standard edition for $48 instead.Contents of the Imperial edition:

• 5 day early access (begins March 30th)
    • 30 days included game time
    • "Explorer Pack", which will allow you to play any race in any Alliance. The Explorer Pack also includes four bonus treasure maps and a Scuttler vanity pet.
    • Ability to play the Imperial race
    • Ability to craft Imperial equipment
    • Ability to transform into Imperial equipment
    • Rings of Mara (Gets you bonus XP with a partner/friend)
    • Mudcrab Vanity Pet
    Preordering the standard edition includes the "explorer pack" and the early access, but nothing else.
    [​IMG]

Decisions, decisions...

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We've already received word that the government is closed tomorrow (I've never seen them announce it before midnight) -- here's hoping for a Friday closure too. :p

Snow wasn't even supposed to start for another few hours, but the accumulation is already pretty thick.

DM -- GMG has 20% off coupons all the time, so don't feel rushed or anything.

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It started around 8 here, and the forecast was saying it wouldn't start til around 10. Nice, thick coating on the ground, currently. I'm off to trudge through it for my laundry.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Bah. We had a bomb threat, and we were barely out of the building 20 minutes.

When we had an insane gunman on the loose who had just killed a bunch of people, had a grudge against us, and was nowhere to be found but somewhere in the area, we weren't allowed to leave work.

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm bad at Spanish. What?

Edit: Wow my post is probably really confusing. :(

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I think that's probably for the best, actually. You don't want to go outside when there's somebody on the loose.

Anyway, a plane crashed into my school once and we didn't have our classes cancelled. So there.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Give it a year and it will be FTP.

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    You still have to buy it.

Edit: And that's really true of any game, that the price drops after a while.

But when I said decisions, decisions earlier, I meant more about being on the fence than about making the deal or anything. But I think I'm going to get it as things stand, because from what I played in beta, I found enjoyable enough, it didn't sell me on it but it wasn't bad either, and I never got past level 5 or 6 or so, and from what I understand a lot of my issues with the gameplay were a result of the "training wheels" so to speak that get taken off around level 10 or so and it gets a lot better.

So I'm pretty enthusiastic about it now as a big Elder Scrolls fan. I guess I need to play Morrowind or Skyrim for the next month and a half to wait it out.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    We have about 2-3 inches of snow and slush. Apparently that means we are all going to die in the Ice Age here in Virginia. As a former resident of Alaska and upstate New York, I'm not impressed.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The South's plight with two inches amuses me.

Gamiel and RC-1991 like this.
  23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I don't like this winter. A couple of weeks the temperature is about -20, then a couple of weeks it's over the melting point and the roads are slushy and icy. Then it gets cold again.

Think about the frost giants, nature! They can't get to work now! If you want summer then have summer, just make up your mind.

24. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

In other news, my subscription to Norton just ran out, and it felt like that scene in Wrath of Khan:
    *do do do do*
    "Our anti-virus is dropping!"
    "Well, raise it!"
    *pounds keyboard* "I can't!"

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah well the way the northeast and the southeast cries when the earth shakes a tiny little bit amuses me. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.