main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who]Clara's Journal: Clara Oswin Oswald Diary #2 for the DDC, entry Four 3/27/14

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Juliet316, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    TITLE: Clara's Journal: Clara Oswin Oswald's Diary #2 for the DDC, Entry One 1/2/14
    AUTHOR: Juliet316
    FANDOM: Doctor Who
    RATING: PG - 13
    CONTENT: DRABBLES, ADULT, DRAMA, ANGST
    CATEGORY: DRABBLES
    SPOILERS: S7 after The Name of the Doctor but before the 50th anniversary episode. Companion of sorts to another multi - part story I'm considering that would take place during an apparent time (to me at least) gap between the two episodes.
    SUMMARY: Clara chronicals her time apart from the Doctor
    DISCLAIMER: Doctor Who is owned by the BBC.
    NOTES: Written for the Daily Diary Challenge

Entry One:

The last time I saw the Doctor was in front of my flat after another Wednesday adventure taken not terribly long after we had escaped Trenzelore. He smiled at me, bright and sunny. Then he and the TARDIS left and I walked into my flat, looking forward when they returned and whatever adventure awaited next.

I was hopeful that we'd be able to talk next Wednesday about changing the travel schedule around as I was about to start school again soon to get my teaching credentials and Wednesdays would likely not work out as they had working for the Maitlands. Perhaps Saturday's I thought at the time.

But he never came that next Wednesday, nor the one after that, or any of the Wednesdays after that.

I never saw the Doctor again.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, wow! After having a taste of adventure, ;) what a letdown. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ack, poor Clara. :( I have to second Deb here - talk about having the breath knocked out of you! But I am looking forward to Clara's tale here - already I love your 'voice' for her, and can't wait for more. =D=

Juliet316 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart: I know right. And Clara doesn't know what happened or why.

Mira_Jade: I know, I'm so sorry. There will be more to Clara's tale soon. Really really happy to hear you love my 'voice' for her. :-D

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart Mira_Jade

Entry Two:

As of today's wrting it'll be two years.

Two years since I last saw the Doctor.

It took a long time to get over the fact that he wasn't coming back. Almost a year infact.

Still hurts though.

Hurts more not knowing what happened. I know, from being in his timestream, that sometimes he'll decide his time with a companion is at an end, drop them off and head off to the next adventure and next person. If that was the case with me, I'd wish he'd have told me. At least then I wouldn't be wondering if he's out there somewhere, somehow hurt.

Or worse.

I know I'll never know what happened or where he went off to, but I still wonder. Is he okay? Did he find somebody knew? Does she keep him anchored like the rest of us did?

Is he still alive?

Random Comments likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, very natural questions & concerns. I really! wish Clara could find out somehow or he told her: This is our last adventure. Or maybe he didn't even know?

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart, I know. But sadly the Doctor won't say at the moment. Or maybe he can't?[face_batting]

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These questions were very real and heartbreaking. Poor Clara. :(

I look forward to her getting some answers. [face_thinking]=D=

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Mira_Jade: They are heartbreaking and real, and sadly Clara's probably not been the only Companion who's thought and asked those very questions after leaving/being left behind by the Doctor.

More of the Diary to come soon, but answers maybe awhile in coming.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart Mira_Jade

Entry Three (Also answers the 'sick' mini challenge):

ACHOO!

Bloody Hell, I hate being sick. Not exactly sure where I caught this bug. If I was travelling with the Doctor, this fact would be worrying. As it is, it's more than likely I caught it from either Artie or Angie. Not exactly sure which one was the culprit though. Bloody annoying though to catch it.

If I was on the TARDIS, the Doctor would likely give me something that would make me feel better in five minutes. Maybe less.

Yes, I know, I said I was going to move on and not think about the Doctor anymore. He's obviously moved on and not coming back, and I should do the same.

Hard though when there are so many questions left unanswered. I'm am trying.

Excuse me for a little bit, I need to go cough out my other lung now.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very well done response to the 'sick' challenge. =D= Definitely appropriate for this bizarre winter season when like 2/3 of the U.S. is ice/snow-bound :eek:

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Clara! Being sick sucks, especially knowing that the Doctor could have cured her easily.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. I'll admit the few times I was sick last year had me wishing for the Doctor and TARDIS much like Clara here.

Thanks for reading.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nyota's Heart Mira_Jade Sorry for neglecting this. It's been one of those of couple of months.

Entry Four

Still sick, but getting better. Nina's coming over with one of those old movies her mum liked to watch. I think she called it 'Love Potion No. 9?' She said it was one of Sandra Bullock's early films and Nina knows I like old 80's movies

Oh, there's the doorbell, she's here!

Random Comments likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome post Juliet. Gal-pals having a relaxing time. And Sandra Bullock absolutely ROCKS! :cool:

17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. And absolutely Sandra Bullock rocks.

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Cute and sweet post. [face_love]=D= Sandra Bullock can cure all sorts of ills. :p

Juliet316 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Thank you, and yep, absolutely she can kill all ills.