main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph House of Cards (Netflix Original Series)

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jan 6, 2014.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Didn't see a thread on this, if so, apologies. Second season full trailer was released today:

As a political junkie, this is about as good as The West Wing, but in a totally different way- less inner workings of government, more corruption and murdery. Kevin Spacey is a deity. Discuss.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Could use more focus on Kevin Spacey.

3. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Personally, I prefer the original House of Cards with Ian Richardson, but this one is enjoyable and well acted too. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

While I'm thinking of it, given the similarities between the two:
    I'm betting that Zoe is going to have an "accident" at some point.

Sebulba-X likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, how sweet, it's out on Valentine's day.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a heads up to the JC - should be available on Netflix after midnight. I'm going to try to not inhale it all at once this season, but likely will.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not going to watch it all at once. Olympics and other shows I'm catching up on take priority.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's hardly an "original" series, but yay S2 being out!

Penguinator and Saintheart like this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ender Sai You're right - my mistake.

Haven't watched the actual "original." Worth checking out?

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nah, Netflix calls it an original series -- probably in the sense that it's a show that they made as opposed to hosting someone else's show. But given that they also host the British HoC, I doubt they're trying to downplay it.

And yes, the original is worth watching. Very different show in many ways, despite having direct parallels and the like. I'm tentatively of the opinion that it's the better one.

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Of the British version I actually liked House of Cards' followup, To Play The King, best. Probably it was because they came up with some very nice impressions of the (then) current royal family.

The Final Cut was nice, too, although I couldn't get over the guy who played Little John in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves being turned into the Thane of Cawdor. :D

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You can imagine what I thought of it :p

Saintheart likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Who actually watches the Olympics?

Penguinator likes this.
  14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Not Bob Costas.

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    ONE MORE HOUR

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Oh, come now, F.U. is a loyal supporter of the monarchy. Has no desire whatsoever to destroy it. His family came south with James the First, if I recall correctly. He even says "God save the King" at the end :D

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, he's rather like Scar in that regard. Same oily, smug sort of evil too.

Urquhart is monstrous. He paints himself a Cavalier but he's a Roundhead if the worst sort. What he did was unconscionable.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    What? You would prefer the youth of England merely lay about all day when they could be out engaging in national service to train them for bright, sterling future careers as mercenaries? :D

19. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Dang, the first episode of season 2 was brutal! (in a good way)

20. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    What I can't get over is that Belloq is facing off against Urqhart in The Final Cut. :p

Also, after watching that first episode of season 2, I feel the need to post this clip from the ending of the original version (Do I really need to say "Spoiler Warning"? :p ):

21. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Season 2-Episode 3 spoiler:

Oh ****, there's a McPoyle in this now!

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Coruscant- what are your thoughts so far? I'm gonna watch tonight prolly. As good as season 1 - better?

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    **** Valentine's Day. Today is all about Kevin Spacey being evil with a South Carolinian drawl.

24. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Better! Episode 4 was intense.

didn't think that General McGinnis thing would come back into the story so quickly.

Darthkat76 likes this.
  25. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

Holy crud, yes that was intense! Just finished episode 4.