main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Just try to Force choke Kyle Katarn. You can't.

He won't allow it.

Zorrixor, Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Honestly, I can kind of see why he did that. There are many things Lucas is not, but one thing he is is a visual aesthete. And the top picture looks really jumbled on a visual level. I can only imagine how it would play in live-action. Probably like someone barfed a rainbow onto the screen.

3. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Not true. When I went dark side in JKJA, I force choked him. I know that's not canon, but it's an accurate what if. So Jaden Korr can force choke Kyle Katarn. Sorry to disapoint you, but it happened

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The problem isn't that the film looks like that -- the problem is all those Jedi with their varied colored lightsabers suddenly either had green or blue (maybe purple).

If a character is established in the film as having a particular color, like Yoda with green or Mace with purple, I can understand the EU making the switch. But for EU only characters -- why are they suddenly restricted inexplicably to blue and green?

I remember I asked Bohnhoff this on her blog and she gave me a canned response which was that Palpatine made the crystals inaccessible. Wrong era!

Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  5. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

Kyle Katarn has always drawn from the deep well of awesome rad dude power that is the 1990's for his seemingly limitless strength.

But now he has a rival.

[​IMG]

It looks like Kyle's been out-Nineties'd.

edit:

Oh I see what you're saying. Yeah, there's no reason the EU can't keep doing it's own thing. It reminds me of Luke frantically trying to turn the New Jedi Order into a carbon copy of the old one after the prequels came out. But that was even more inexplicable, because I doubt it was even Lucas's intention for Luke to do things the same way.

And wow, that picture I posted turned out way larger than I thought. It's the power of Kanan, though. I can't stop it. You can't stop it. None of us can stop it.

Gamiel, Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I don't really get the hate for Kanan's look. I mean, cobbled together bits of armor, one step removed from Earth normal clothing, a hip-slung holster, slightly longer than usual hair...the guy's look is all Star Wars.

7. The_Phantom_Calamari

Nov 10, 2011

Hey, I'm not complaining. I dig the look.

8. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    You should have posted the Omnibus version of the first picture where all their sabers are recolored.

9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'll probably come off as naive, but... dit they actually do that?

10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Wouldn' surprise me. Just like they retconned away Cade sleeping with the princess in the omnibus of Legacy, and made it Delilah instead :mad:

Nobody145, darthosaka and Zorrixor like this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've got the Omnibus (I think it's Rise of the Sith) - and it didn't recolor them - there's still orange, red, etc.

Actually, they retconned it in Broken:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Marasiah

Contessa and darthosaka like this.
  12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Though that always was just a coloring mistake.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Sure. "Coloring mistake." Right.

Zorrixor likes this.
  14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Ah you can tell by the face and hair that it is meant to be Delilah :)

darthosaka likes this.
  15. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Yes, Delilah with a distinctive white stripe in her hair. o_O

Nobody145, darthosaka and Zorrixor like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Hair Style and facial structure, despite what some people claim not all female characters drawn by Duursema look alike. :p

Ghost and darthosaka like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    One night. One night I'm not on this forum and this thread kriffing blows up. [face_sigh]

Zorrixor likes this.
  18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    QFT.

You'd need to get past The Beard first to choke him, and that's just not going to work.

19. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Lol, dammit, I hoped that was true.

20. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    Because Blue/Green = Good. Orange and Yellow are too ambiguous and could send the wrong message to impressionable children.

21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah I thought Depa and Even Piell were bad guys because they had red lightsabers.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Orange and yellow are bad colors.

That's why I can't get my youngest to eat bananas or tangerines. Kids know this ****.

23. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Even Filoni tried to sneak yellow past Georgie a few times with Ashoka's shoto and the temple guards.

Here's hoping Rebels finally gives us canonical pink and orange. Maybe silver and gold too for good effect. I don't think Jedi should ever have red unless it's an extremely special circumstance.

darthosaka likes this.
  24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The restriction of the Jedi to green and blue is rather easily explained based on the fact that we've seen how they construct their lightsabers by retrieving crystals on Ilum. The EU already established that the Ilum crystals are all green and blue. It's simply another example of the Jedi having a very well defined rituals and criteria alongside their age requirements, midi-chlorian count requirements, restriction against possessions and attachments, et al.

I suppose you'd just explain the prior multi-colored lightsabers as being older ones that are relics like the darksaber. As to why they were using them, I guess it was just what was convenient and at hand. Or they instituted a strict protocol for lightsaber construction sometime after Episode I and Mace Windu purposely switched to a purple lightsaber to show off his authority.

It would be pretty cool if the ST used more lightsaber colors.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Rebels shouldn't have any lightsabers besides Kanan's, Vader's, and the Inquisitor's. Beyond that it gets too much for a Dark Times-era show. Unless, of course, they're owned by "guest star" Jedi who either die or go into hiding by the end of the episode they're featured in. But as for the ST, sure, give us orange and silver and gold (but not pink, please; I've never liked the way it looked).