main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    I assumed that Leia's mother had married Bail Organa back when ROTJ came out and that's how she became a princess.

pronker likes this.
  2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I thought the torturing of Han Solo on Cloud City was something they had to do before freezing him in carbonite so he would survive, like his heart wouldn't take it unless they electrocuted him first. I wondered why Vader thought Luke could be frozen without electrocuting him too.

When I was really little, I thought Vader wanted Princess Leia to marry him and Tarkin blew up her planet because she refused.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I always thought that the way a Jedi became a Force Ghost is only if they intentionally give themselves up to die. (like Obi-Wan in ANH, or Yoda as he accepted and prepared for his death. And if a Jedi is killed, they do not become a ghost. I thought this all the way until AOTC came out, when Yoda hearing Qui-Gon's voice flipped the tables completely and threw that whole idea up in the air on me....

I must say I do prefer it the way we understand it now. Now I just really hope the ST follows thru and makes use of this idea, and doesn't just ignore its existence.

4. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    Because of the "wonderful human being" line, I thought Jabba was actually a horribly deformed obese old human.

Seagoat and pronker like this.
  5. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Similarly, I thought Yoda was human - I figured that's what you'd look like if you lived to be 900.

6. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    maybe it is

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Indyrams

Indyrams Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2014
    This is actually quite ridiculous.
    But up until a week ago, I thought the Death Star in ROTJ was the same one from ANH, it just didn't blow up completely.
    I then learned they were two different Death Star stations...

8. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    "Fast chip? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?"

9. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I was 8 when I first saw the films back 97. But I saw the originals, in VHS no added effects orscenes.

When the Death Star blew up as a kid I thought it didnt blew up completely thats why they needed to finish the job in Jedi.

Stay in attack formation became Stay in a taco formation. Which I though was pretty weird but they were evil.

The Emperor was not human.

Yoda and Obi were the last Jedi before Luke.

The bad guys were evil and had no name. They just Dark Lords.

The Death Star was the capital of the Empire.

Tarkin was second in command afterthe Emperor

The Clone Wars was a devastating war that had clones of everybody running around.

Obi - Wan was from Alderaan

So was Luke, Leia and their mother. Anakin came from Tatooine. Owen Lars was really Luker's mother's brother.

The Saarlac was a Tremor

Anybody could be a Jedi with the right trainning.

Yoda trained Obi.

10. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Yeah, I think a lot of people thought this. I always did, too. Heck, it even makes sense given Yoda's death. He seems to accept it head on. I always thought that Anakin appearing later was kind of a surprise so that we knew that he was accepting and welcoming his death after his battle with the emperor.

Bail B. Baobab and pronker like this.
  11. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I had no idea Oola was the same species as Bib Fortuna (this was before we had the word "Twi'lek"). I just thought she was a human wearing a headdress designed to appeal to Bib. I don't think I realized it until I was an adult.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    I thought that the person who greeted Leia on her return to Yavin IV was her father.

13. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I had a 'Prune Face' action figure and thought he and the Emperor were the same race. Actually, not really an unreasonable resemblance...

[​IMG]

When the face is a prune- the action goes BOOM!

14. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    "-Oola being transformed into Jabba food."

Sorry to bring up the first post, but thank god - I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I also thought lightsabers were broken flashlights.

15. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I guess this can be a misconception... it wasn't until sometime in the early '90s that I read Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba weren't killed by Obi-Wan (and that's also when I learned those names). It is strange that they aren't shown getting away or writhing on the floor or something other than just the one amputated arm.

16. WAC-47

WAC-47 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    Lightsavers.

Dark Vator.

17. Maul95

Maul95 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    I assumed Hobbie died after his snowspeeder got hit.

18. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I thought that lightsabers were "lifesavers", reinforced by Obi-Wan telling Anakin "This weapon is your life!"

I thought that Luke and Leia were soulmates, and when Leia told Han she loved him I thought she was betraying Luke. I didn't realize they were siblings until way later. :p

19. Phoenix267

Phoenix267 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    TheWatcher

This is actually a great comparison. I remember watching tremors and how the monstrous traveled underground to ambush people to eat.

If I recall Obi-Wan does mention Yoda did train him in the original trilogy. But it was changed to Qui-Gon in TPM.

DL44Jo and James Skyrunner like this.
  20. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I think I'd like to point out here, that Yoda in a sense trained everyone. There was really no point in Obi-Wan explaining his relationship to Qui-Gon at that point in time, Luke was freezing to death.

Frank T. and Phoenix267 like this.
  21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I thought this too. In my defense, ROTJ came out when I was barely six. I wasn't a strong reader yet (if at all), so the opening scroll would've flown literally right over my head. I, um, also apparently had a hard time registering and understanding dialogue or something….I dunno. This is just what I thought.

22. Phoenix267

Phoenix267 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2014
    I agree! Yoda trained the Jedi younglings in the prequels, and Obi-Wan would have to been one of the many new Jedi hopefuls to be trained by Yoda.

23. James Skyrunner

James Skyrunner Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    In the Jedi apprentice series obiwan is nearing 13 and is going to have to work in the AG corps because his training with Yoda is over and he hasn't been selected as a padawan yet qui-gon is his last hope to being a Jedi Knight .......I like the idea of these books and hope they remain canon

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

pronker likes this.
  24. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I like the EU too, but they shouldn't have to explain things from the movie.

25. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    I have been re-watching these movies a lot since my two-year-old has become obsessed, so these come to me. One that I remember from when I first watched was that I thought when tESB came around, Vader was still wanting to have Princess Leia in custody. So I thought the probe droid was saying something like, "We want the Princess. We want the Princess."

TOASTEROVEN and DL44Jo like this.