main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

Convenient Razor's Edge art by the one and only Chris Trevas.

Gorefiend, RC-1991, Revanfan1 and 8 others like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Good lord, that man is a god.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If you're sad on Valentines Day, don't worry. No one loves you on any other day of the year, either.

Ulicus , RC-1991, CooperTFN and 2 others like this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If there are zombies running willy-nilly about, I'm guessing that the probable collapse of society would render a tablet into a mediocre doorstop at best (and a good, heavy book would still have it beat in that department).

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It is so nice that someone can draw ANH-era Han and Leia -- especially Han, who always seems to look like Indiana Jones instead for some reason.

Also these are book-eating zombies. They're allergic to electricity.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I killed your zombies with my diamond sword.

Kept a few creepers from blowing up behind us as well.

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Oh Tiny Death Star, you amuse me! I unlocked the Bothans today, and their entry says that that have a reputation as master spies, despite their distinctive "dog, cat, and horselike appearance."

I love this game. A little EU nod to the varying appearance of the Bothans? I LIKE IT! :D

--Adm. Nick

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That one has been sitting on my iPad and I have yet to try it.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I am glad that you are faithfully serving your Emperor, Nick.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  11. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Han Solo's chest isn't hairy enough in that picture.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Valentine's date went well. Now for House of Cards. Best weekend ever.

Ulicus , RC-1991 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    That's horrible. I wish I'd posted it.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    HAN, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BUY NEW CLOTHES, YOU KNOW! EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT!

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I am pretty sure he just owns 12 sets of the same.

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Outside of the scans of his art I have posted earlier I am rather certain that people here have not heard of Lukas Thelin who is a Swedish illustrator that among other things illustrates the Swedish RPG magazine Fenix (Phoenix in English). Below the spoiler tags are some (rather big) images by Thelin with text to inform what they illustrate.
    All images are from here http://lukasthelin.blogspot.se/

Werewolves of Dacia – Kenneth Hite’s campaign setting is a riff on Tolkien’s Middle-Earth, warped through a classical sensibility with a hefty helping of werewolves. From Fenix #1 2012
    [​IMG]

Once Upon a Time in the North – This setting by Kenneth Hite is a Western moved a century into the future and restaged in the far North. Can be played like anything from a classical western (northern) to pulp, cyberpunk or horror. From Fenix #3 2011
    [​IMG]

51 Mythos Dooms - where Kenneth Hite have almost every horrible thing from H.P. Lovecraft's works gets their turn at the end of the world. From Fenix #6 2012
    [​IMG]

Diagoras Sector: an interstellar warzone - Ken Hite goes back to the roots of science fiction warfare by taking the military history of ancient Greece into outer space. From Fenix #4 2012
    [​IMG]
    Just Add Rum – Kenneth Hite provide you with everything you need in order to create pirates for your own campaign that makes sense, adding flavor and excitement to the rest of your world in the process. From Fenix #3 2012
    [​IMG]

NPC gallery to adventures to the Swedish wild west RPG Western
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Right now Fenix is planning to publish some of it’s material in to the rest of the world and I English, so if anybody are interested I can send you their way.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's like Coulson's closet.

[​IMG]

18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Good to hear! If you took her out on Valentine's Day, is it safe to assume this is someone that is a prospective girlfriend?

--Adm. Nick

19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    We know he has multiple sets, as Lando was able to wear some after Han was frozen in carbonite.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't know if "prospective" is the right word; we've been going out pretty regularly for a couple months, but we're taking it easy and not in any rush to use the big words. I tend to move pretty fast, so it's been nice to just be dating someone. What about you? What happened with the one you were showing your battleship to a few months back?

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I so wish this was a euphemism. :p

22. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    So I preordered TESO Imperial edition. I might try to visually recreate my cool Imperial character from Skyrim on the Xbox version -- try as I might I could never get it perfect when I switched to PC. I guess Zenimax lifted the NDA on the beta yesterday so I can talk about it without breaking the NDA like I did earlier. My fears were mostly assuaged based on what I've seen and read the past few days in the gaming press. You start the game in Cold Harbor and must escape, and upon escaping are placed on a different starter island depending upon which faction you are in. Ebonhart Pact is on an island off the coast of Skyrim, Aldmeri Dominion is on one off the coast of either Summerset or Valenwood, and Daggerfall Covenant is on one off the coast of Hammerfell.

I played through the Skyrim starter island and got put into Morrowind, at which point I switched to a Daggerfall Covenant character, which evidently upon completing that starter island you get put on another island belonging to the Orsimer, and must complete a quest line to leave that island as well. This worried me, but I read that upon getting off these islands the game opens up immensely. And the gameplay videos which I've seen look like fun exploring the landscape and finding Aeylid and Dwemer ruins and otherwise exploring and finding a wide range of tasks to do.

Compared to SWTOR, which I've mostly played lately, it's a breath of fresh air in terms of the freedom to explore and not to be chained to a class quest or told where you can and can't go.

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    It is now.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    A guy was injured by an NHS advertising sign that was blown into/onto him during high winds.

The sign read "Feeling under the weather?"

Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.