main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    BREAKING NEWS, THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT:

North Carolina is closed.

Charlotte-Douglas Airport has cancelled all incoming flights.

No Amtrak service anywhere in the state.

Bus service in the city is limited.

I can't see my street. I've been ordered to stay home from work through tomorrow. (I will be working, thankfully I can do grant research and other such things from my desktop.)

This is my back yard:

[​IMG]

People from the Northern US and Canada may commence laughter in 3...2...1...

(Seriously though, I ****ing love this. I think I was a wampa in a previous life.)

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    All we have is rain. Our foot-deep layer of snow is being washed away. :(

3. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

::smirks subtly::

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 Did anyone in NC lose power? A good chunk of SC did. Mine just came back on after being out for nearly 36 hours.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, several people did. Mine stayed on thankfully.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Those were...unspeakably awesome! :D

Circular Logic likes this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The Shadow Emperor I have to ask about the Scalia avatar - are you a fan or is it ironic?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's an inside joke. And no, being a far-left liberal I'm not a fan of the guy by any means. :p

Goodwood and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Okay, I kind of assumed something like that from his facial expression, but having the same political views as you I didn't want to just assume. That is a pretty funny picture.

10. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I just read that they changed Korriban, this upsets me greatly.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    If you're referring to any TCW bonus content/"The Lost Missions" spoilers PLEASE do not elaborate in this thread!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Barriss_Coffee and CT-867-5309 like this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reminds me of the Earthquake that happened to Cuba that could supposedly be felt here. I didn't feel a damn thing.

14. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    We had one in Illinois a few years back - I slept through it.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The one time there was an earthquake where I live I literally thought it was a nuclear bomb. I ran outside and waited to see an explosion coming on the horizon.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well... if it had been a volcano.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, we felt it all the way over here in Atlanta, but it was extremely mild here. If you'd been walking or moving you probably wouldn't have even noticed here. I still don't like earthquakes at all though... I experienced enough "real" ones when I lived in Japan.

18. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I live in Washington, where there's a faultline off the coast. I also lived in LA for a while. I've never felt an earthquake though. I must have slept through all of them.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The house shook a bit, I thought it was utility workers cutting down a large tree prior to turning on the news.

I'm about a mile away from a large fault line. We felt earthquakes every couple of weeks a few years back. Hadn't felt any in a while up until tonight though.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    We had an earthquake drill at the zoo about 2 months ago. First drill I had been a part of, and apparently the first drill of its kind where the curator got on the radio, declared an emergency, made some comment like "most of you are probably aware that Idaho has been hit by a massive earthquake. Code Red (meaning highest priority emergency with potential for human harm). Check your areas for structural damage." He then tells one of the keepers to grab the shotgun and load it (in case a dangerous animal escaped).

There was definitely that couple minutes of confusion like "huh?.... I didn't feel anything...." One of the keepers would jokingly say the drill gave her PTSD, since she was actually horrified of the idea that a Tiger got out and was the last one to kind of catch on that it was a drill.

Apparently, most "drills" wouldn't even be proper drills, more like having meetings and discussing what would be done in the case of different emergencies. So a drill like this caught most of the staff off guard. Though someone asked what would happen in the case of a volcano (Yellowstone), and the comforting answer was stick your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye, because if that goes, everyone in the region is probably going to die.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the only natural disaster that scares the hell out of me at this point is the tornado. I had nightmares about those as a kid (thanks Wizard of Oz, I have several reasons to hate you).

I've never lived near a volcano but from what I've heard, there's usually plenty of warning before they blow.

When I lived near the coast, an incoming hurricane was an excuse to skip school, put a wet suit on and go surfing because it's the one time the Atlantic Ocean's waves are as good as those in the Pacific. Not me, I don't surf, but I knew several people who did this.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    So I know Seerow posted new spoiler rules for the BC in the spoiler allowed BC thread - but I'm afraid to go in there today to find out if I can go in there today....can someone relay them back here or something? or in the BC NSA thread?

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The short of it- the only unmarked spoilers will be in the designated thread for the German release. Spoilers in the BC thread must be blocked out, while no spoilers whatsoever are allowed in the no spoiler thread.

But basically, it'll require some self-control on everyone's parts to not be tempted to highlight spoilers if they wish to remain spoiler free.

24. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Tsunami's and floods are what scared the hell out of me. We've got family in Oklahoma and it's not uncommon to see people driving down the road, see a tornado, confirm it's not heading towards them (yet), and go about their business like nothing is happening. Many people I talk to in Oklahoma are terrified of hurricanes, despite having several days notice to evacuate. I guess it all depends on what you're used to.

25. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    So what's the general consensus on whether there'll actually be a live-action TV show? I must confess to being horribly out of the loop (and since I find TCW to be simply awful, who can blame me?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.