main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, well I'm sure he had input into the episode since that's HIS waifu up there on the screen.

To be fair though, wasn't it GL's idea to give Ahsoka so skimpy an outfit in the first place? And HE'S the one who said Ahsoka was 11!

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Assassin was a terrible episode anyway; I do remember wondering why Ahsoka didn't freeze her ass off (yes, you see what I did there) wearing a tube top and looking out at snow-capped mountains.

I do think the outfit was Lucas' idea though.

And this discussion is starting to get a bit too heavy. (No, a Doc Brown, weight has nothing to do with it.)

What about that Weapons Factory line in which Obi-Wan accuses Anakin of always thinking with his lightsaber? :D

3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, he WOULD know wouldn't he?

That arc was filled with great little moments and banter. I especially love the bit with Obi Wan, Anakin, and Luminara when she's restrained and about to be brain worked. Kenobi was SO enjoying messing with Luminara there/secretly loving the sight of her all tied up.

4. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
  5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I noticed, many of those tracks come from the final season, especially the final arc of S5. I'd buy those tracks. The links provided on the site lead to the 2008 film soundtrack. Color me disappointed, I already have it.

6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Seerow and cwustudent like this.
  7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you so much! *squeeeeeeee*

Edit: If you, or anyone else, would mind helping me figure out which episodes these tracks come from... I notice each track is labeled, but some don't seem to correspond to the episode listings. I cross-referenced with the production codes, too. It seems there aren't any tracks from the Rako Hardeen arc, but I'm pleased to hear many tracks from the big finale! The music in that arc was fantastic!

8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    a Question...

How did Savage attain his Force powers? He didn't seem to have any that were noticeable when Ventress took him from his village. Was it Talzin's magic that transformed him or somehow via Dooku's training?

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think his performance during the test Ventress gave was implying that he had latent Force-sensitivity. One of the tests is their performance in the dark, and we know about the Force's ability to overcome the shortcomings of the eyes, no? He also seems to be the fastest (Jedi reflexes?), the strongest and the most aware of his surroundings.

I think the magic was the equivalent of steroids. Speeds up the process and/or increases ability.

Force powers being trained into a person doesn't really happen in Star Wars. If they have Force powers, they either had them all along (by far the most common), or they were given Force powers with some kind of magic, like Nightsister magic, Sith artifacts or something like that.

Generally you can't get Force powers doing push-ups, meditating, or by having an old dude shock you with Force lightning and tell you to get mad.

Just the way I see it. Hope this helps!

Seerow and Ananta Chetan like this.
  10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He possessed latent Force-sensitivity, but among the Nightbrothers, he was never trained to cultivate or manifest his abilities. The Nightsisters' ritual at their village brought his power to the surface, and likely enhanced it considering the sheer degree of power he evidenced, but even then we see that he was still very raw. His training under Dooku and later Maul allowed Savage to truly control and hone his abilities.

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Pretty much this. The Dathomirians, being descendants of Nightsisters who interbred with Zabraks, all have a genetic Force potential within them. The degree to which they are trained to master their abilities, however, varies depending on one's gender (which is to say for a male, there's no formal training whatsoever).

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Makes sense as once of the coolest things about Savage is how primal he was with using the force. He used it brutally, instinctual, and with seemingly little thought like any animal uses tooth and claw to defined itself and to savage a rival.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The thing that sticks in my mind is the time he continued Force-choking a guy even while Anakin and Obi-Wan dogpiled him to the ground. That's some ridiculous armor-plated focus.

Contessa likes this.
  14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    In addition to what Mia Mesharad said, Mother Talzin's manifesto Wild Power (from Book of Sith) describes the process by which a Nightbrother warrior is transformed:
    I recommend reading Wild Power for anyone who is curious about learning more about Mother Talzin's coven of Nightsisters from TCW. It describes in greater detail and background the various magicks and trials seen in the episodes of the Nightsisters arc.

15. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd actually started to quote that section from Wild Power, but decided against it for just a brief question-answering summary instead. Thanks for posting it. :)

Completely agreed. If you enjoyed the Nightsisters from either TCW or beyond, Wild Power is an excellent read with a ton of interesting information on their culture, rituals, and powers.

16. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    What I don't understand is if season 6 was going to be the last season of the series, why didn't Disney just let them finish it? This is exactly what happened when they bought Marvel. As soon as they bought it, Earth's Mightiest Heroes got cancelled with production beginning on a new show.

What would've happened if George said "You're not cancelling this show. It's got one more season then it's finished."

InterestingLurker likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    George would have kept his franchise and lost four billion dollars.

18. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    New Clip and Confirmation of TCW on Net Flicks on March 7th:

Dra--- and InterestingLurker like this.
  19. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

I think that's because it wasn't the last season. I'm almost certain that 7th or 8th season would have been the last with the finale being Palpatine's capture.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    On Netflix? Lame

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    IIRC, Netflix Canada isn't always the greatest quality. I'll watch on Netflix US. At least for the lazy out there like me, it will be convenient and nice that I can go through all 6 seasons whenever I feel like it.

There was discussion when the Disney/SW deal was announced (or maybe later, I can't remember) that Disney may look at bringing SW shows direct to Netflix. This might be the first step in that direction.

22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

How do you pick between Netflix Canada or US? I thought you can only use the one for your country?

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Stupid Disney, having to make us pay for Netflix just to watch the new episodes of TCW.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, seriously? As opposed to making us pay much more per month for cable so we can watch it on Disney XD?

That channel is on the second or third tier where I live, so we're talking somewhere between 75 and 100 dollars a month. I may have to subscribe if Rebels isn't available in any other format but it will piss me off.

You can get a Netflix free trial for a month and then cancel. Much easier and more economical..

25. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Rebels will probably go on Netflix season, by season.
    When season one finishes, it will go to Netflix and so on.

That's what they're doing with other Disney XD shows.