main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Since both ends of the handle look the same even with the guard on one side I'm gonna go ahead and guess that he doesn't split it into two handles, he can just turn the guard on one or both sides.

Mia Mesharad thanks for the extra detail. So there are no pictures of him with a totally different handle, just part of it. The thing on the Maul toy I showed works basically like the thing in the link you gave, it's just for an action figure instead of a person.

TaradosGon I agree the guard on one side doesn't look as bad but also seems impractical.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  3. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Unfortunately toys aren't always the greatest indicators of what's actually in a show, movie, etc. I'm thinking back to that huge battle suit I once got with a Han Solo action figure accompanying it.

Either way, his lightsaber just keeps getting dumber and dumber. Though, if he wields it rapier-style most of the time, you won't hear any complaints from me. :D But if he's just there to one-up Maul in the viewers' eyes, then le sigh.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's fan fiction thinking. The same kind of thinking that results in Ahsoka and Starkiller.

How can we make this character as ULTRA MEGA COOL as possible? Crazy unique lightsaber! Cuz different is always awesome! Different makes you special.

**** that.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nothing will ever compare to the moment Obi-Wan first put a saber in action in Mos Eisley Cantina. NOTHING.

I don't care what kind of weird **** current creators try to make lightsabers do.

Theo333 and purplerain like this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, they have to do something, because lightsabers aren't cool enough on their own.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    We totally need a five-way duel between Grievous, Maul, Lord Nyax, Pong Krell, and this Inquisitor. How many blades is that you ask? Twenty! :D

[​IMG]
    "And that would be the most awesomest thing to ever happen in the history of ever!"

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Apparently.

I just wonder if these creators have watched any real kids play Star Wars.

I have, and regular sabers are still a hit. Hell, they'll still use sticks if necessary, just like kids did in the 70s and 80s.

If I ever see a kid stop playing Star Wars on the playground because "my lightsaber is boring, I need it to fork /spin/twirl/shoot out of an orifice/dance Gangnam Style," I'll eat my TCW DVDs.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    What I figure they are going for.

[​IMG]

And it really doesn't look bad to me here

[​IMG]

But this looks stupid, IMO, and impractical

[​IMG]

But it really only works if made out of cortosis though, since a hand guard is useless if it can be cut through with ease. Or else it's something to bash an opponent with, which is something that the hand guard of a rapier/cutlass can be used for.

But the double bladed, double hand-guard saber looks dumb, and on a staff like weapon, the guard seems like it would just get in the way.

I don't mind the different saber hilt styles. I thought Dooku's was interesting enough. I'm past the age of "OMG, what lightsaber color does he have?! and his saber is so cool!!!!" But I still don't see anything wrong with the variations, other than that last picture which I still can't wrap my head around.

11. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I've hated The Inquisitor since the moment that he was revealed. He screams "Maul expy!"

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Also: how do he screams "Maul expy!"?

13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    double saber, yellow eyes, tasked with hunting down Jedi, heavily marketed

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Unfortunately I'm getting that vibe too, especially after I saw Rebels character Ezra's lightsaber hilt looking a like staple gun for the first time today.

purplerain likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't remember Maul tasked with hunting down Jedi and your examples are to generic to feel like they really mean anything to me

16. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    "Move against the Jedi first."

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    From were?

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Gamiel Darth Maul is hunting down Jedi in Ep. I.

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Cant find the quote, were should I look?

True, but to me that feel different from what I get the Inquisitor is doing

21. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    watch "We Will Reveal Ourselves"
    to me they feel the same

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Thats a quote from TPM....Palpatine tells Maul to "move against the Jedi first" when he sends him too Naboo after Amidala says she's "returning to her arena."

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I think Gamiel is saying that they are different, since the Inquisitor is tasked with hunting down Jedi and killing them wherever they are to be found. While Maul was told to move against the Jedi (Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon) as part of a larger goal of getting Padme to sign the treaty. They were not being targeted just because they were Jedi, they were being targeted because they were the Jedi protecting the queen.

The Inquisitor is tasked with hunting down and killing Jedi just because they are Jedi

24. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if the The Inquisitor (the character) is based on the "Sith Assassin" class from TOR.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think the Inquisitor is a good edition and borrows well from the EU; the rebels need *some* victories and we (fans) cannot have Vader being beaten every week. I think, well hope, their will be an apprentice for Vader as well (I'm hoping Starkiller) to expand the base of the villains.