main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Haven't tried this with the clone wars discs, but I have had success using an old non-HDCP DVI splitter with a HDMI to DVI cable to show a blu ray on a non-HDCP compliant projector. Do you know what brand/model the monitor you're trying to play the discs on is?

Like Obimus Primobi said, you'll probably have better luck at avsforum.com. There's other ways around it, but I'd probably be walking a thin line with the mods if I posted any of it here. :p AVS members, however, can tell you.

2. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Yea, I suppose I should probably tip-toe this question over to avs...[face_whistling] just wondered if someone may have experienced it as well...Thanks! :)

3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    @hic88: Congratulations and Happy Birthday! MTFBWY!

hlc88 likes this.
  4. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Atantiabo likes this.
  5. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Uh oh, a worrying post from Blu-ray.com.
    Aw crap, I just checked it on my original AND replacement copies and at 18 minutes 19 seconds of "A War on Two Fronts" Steela's line "Well, maybe a good politician needs to get dirty now and then" is definitely out of sync.:_| Does anyone have a download of this to check if this is present on all versions or if this is another Warner mistake.

I remember hlc88 pointing out previously that some episodes had a few sync problems even in the broadcast/download versions.
    The trouble for us now is that I think Warners have said they aren't redoing Disc 1 as that only had loading issues due to a bad batch, so any sync problems we find (I've only watched The Lawless and the scene mentioned above so far) we'll have no choice but to grin and bear it.:(

6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They only reprinted disc 2 as I couldn't see anything on disc 1 that didn't match my itunes version otherwise I would have told them. They just sent your original disc 1 back. Though I will check again when I have the funds to be able to check bits on itunes episodes. I am intending on buying them all on itunes but if anyone is able to compile a list of disc 1 stuff that looks suspicious I can check it out on my disc 1 and itunes copy when I am able to.

Yes, I can check it out for you when I'm able to purchase those episodes on itunes to check. But if we find evidence that some copies are off from the itunes versions then we know disc 1 is affected too.

7. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I actually have three copies of these discs sitting in front of me (yay, hat-trick):D. I had already gotten a free, extra (out of sync) replacement from Amazon UK, who also reimbursed me for the first (out of sync) copy and as Warner UK said that the freepost didn't apply to me (I don't live in the UK) I didn't have to send my discs back to them either and they just sent me two more free (corrected) discs, so:

8. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Oh lol! Misread then lol.

I did watch the start of Bound For Rescue last night. And I did notice one sentence of Petro's out of sync, but it seemed to be the end of one word. And it appeared on my other copy too so I'm assuming that was an animation error rather then a specific problem related to the disc. But I'll be able to check once I have enough to buy the itunes version. If its the same on that then its been there since the beginning in broadcast.

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  9. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Didn't know whether to start a new thread about this or not.

But are there any Aussie fans who've noticed a slight problem with the movie's Blu-ray? When Ahsoka chops the caretaker droid's head off, there's a pause and jumps ahead about a couple of minutes?

10. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Does anyone know where to find the repackaged seasons one and two on Blu-ray? Amazon is the only place I can find, and it's just too steep for me. I've looked at several stores and no one really carries TCW on Blu-ray.

11. Atantiabo

Atantiabo Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2012
    Try this site: http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/home

A brand new season one goes for $22.99. Season two is more or less the same price as Amazon.
    No free shipping though, but you can save a bit by choosing the 1st Class Mail (trackable 2-4 days shipment).
    This site guarantees slipcover and claims that most are in mint condition.

Embomania likes this.
  12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014
    Haven't gotten around to picking up Season 5 yet, but could anybody give me the right phone number/email that I'll need to get replacement disc(s) from Warner UK?

Cheers.

13. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

First of all, I'd advise you to check out a copy first before asking. Some people have problems and some don't. Not everyone is affected by the discs not loading or the audio sync issue. To replace them without knowing is a little silly.

14. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Jedi Knight

Jan 24, 2014

Oh, yeah, course I wouldn't send 'em straight off without checking. I just wanted to be forewarned and forearmed in the case that I did need to do so.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

This was the email address that I used but I sent it through the WB UK website and that was the address they replied to me on, so I'd suggest go through the website first and hopefully they will pick your complaint up and get back to you. WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com

16. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Still haven't found this or Season 4 on Blu-Ray or DVD. They are both really hard to find for me for some reason.

17. Master Mini 907

Master Mini 907 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2013
    Getting Seasons 1-5 and Ahsoka is on the cover

18. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
  19. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    Don't think so. Which SUX! How awesome would THAT be on our shelves?!? My Rex luv just jumped geometrically!

Embomania likes this.
  20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I don't think so, not for the U.S at least.

I actually bought the film on DVD for the Rex steel case actually.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Amazon??? Buying online is significantly cheaper then in shops. It's very easy to find on Amazon if you buy stuff online. In shops its harder.

22. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Do you have a link to hand for the UK website customer services page you used? Neither of my S5 BRDs are loading :(
    I filled out the form at the .com site last week, but haven't even had an acknowledgement, let alone a reply. Amazon aren't being particularly useful at this point, but that's a separate grumble.

Thanks in advance :)

23. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    On others' advice I went here and got speedy service courtesy of Sherri Bogard at WB. That was in North America, but at least it could be a start...

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I gave you the email address. Just email them on that address. They should respond to you.

25. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Will do, cheers :)