main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Sabine

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by newdawn12, Feb 16, 2014.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    A thread to talk, speculate and have fun talking about this interesting character.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Is this the name of the new Mando?

3. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
  4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

She looks very awesome! I'm really looking forward to learning more about her. Perhaps they will show a glimpse into her character tomorrow?

A couple of thoughts: As Trebor Sabreon mentioned in the Rebels thread, Sabine does appear to be a POC, assuming she is human and not Near-Human. She seems like a pretty cheerful person, but as a Mandalorian, I'd imagine she can more than take care of herself in battle and will be one of the Ghost crew's most badass characters. My only gripe right now is that it appears most of her upper arms are exposed, which seems antithetical to what Mandalorian armor is typically like, but for all we know she scrounged up some spare parts to create her armor, much like Boba was supposed to do in the 1313 videogame. So it really isn't a big issue. Also, her name really reminds me of Satine. Perhaps she is a former member of Clan Kryze?

I am really looking forward to learning more about this character, but as of right now I feel she'll be one of my favorite members of the main cast!

cdgodin, Dra---, Contessa and 5 others like this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I am hoping for her to be the daughter of Bo-Katan, and for her to sprinkle Mando'a in with her Basic.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Never heard of this character before now. I thought the OP just misspelled "Satine." :p

7. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    What I find interesting is that her helmet and chest plate are the same as Bo-Katan's, just different colors. If she is Bo's daughter, perhaps there was a "passing of the armor" like Jango/Boba. The only issue is that the rest of her armor is different, but that could just be stylistic choice. Or she just wants to wear different armor.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I do like her look. She seems cute and fun. We'll see.

I could live with her being Bo-Katan's daughter although I'd prefer to keep the Star Wars Family Tree forked enough to not be fodder for a Jeff Foxworthy sketch.

As far as "perky"...eh, not sure about that. There's chipper but it can be overdone. Not sure how many other Grey's Anatomy fans are here but I don't want a Dr. Sydney Heron on steroids.

9. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    She reminds me a bit of Beautiful Gorgeous from Jimmy Neutron. Very perky.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    "Perky" can just mean cheerful; I don't want her to be a hyperactive giggly girl, but someone with a happy sense of humor, to differ from Kanan's sarcasm and Ezra's...well, we don't know what his attitude will be other than "cynical"...would be good.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I thought you were talking about Sabe, where did she go? She made 0 appearance in TCW.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe she's the daughter of a clone and has scraped together some Mandalorian armor to pay homage to her father's progenitor. If she was born early in the war she would be around 16-17 so it could be possible. That might give her some intense feelings about the Empire knowing what her father was used for.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

If not for Cut LawQuane, I would've thought... Clone parents? Nah, snippy-snippy. But... I keep thinking about Cut LawQuane, and I wonder if you might be onto something.

Darkslayer and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  14. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    She looks awesome and now I as I think about it more and more I hope she is a Mirialan but I won't mind if she isn't. I just wonder who will voice her? I hope for it to be Grey DeLisle while Vanessa Marshall voices Hera but that's just me.

15. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    It's nice to see a mandalorian on the main team, I hope the next video features her.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  16. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Same here.

Might be my imagination but she looks like she might be close to Ezra's age. If so, how long before fans start shipping the two of them? :p

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I mentioned this in the Rebels thread, but it's more appropriate here.

I figure Sabine's similarity of name to Satine could not be coincidence that has gone unnoticed to Filoni.

I'm guessing she's Bo's daughter and named for Satine. Granted it may seem odd to name someone after someone else while changing a letter, but in Japanese (at least in Japan's medieval period, I don't know about modern times), it was common for parents to pass down portions of their names to their children.

For instance Oda Nobunaga (a 16th century warlord) had several children, among which were Oda Nobutada and Oda Nobutaka.

As far as why she looks nothing like Bo and is darker, I'm wondering if that's Filoni - now free of Lucas' input - trying to reconcile with fans who were asking about Spar appearing in TCW. Perhaps it's Bo and Spar's kid, or if not Spar, some other clone turned Mandalorian after deserting the Imperial military.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I never finished Clone Wars, but wasn't Mandalore's fate left unresolved? Having a character with some connections to Mandalore could be their way of tying up loose ends.

TaradosGon likes this.
  20. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I'm curious about the pronunciation of her name... Is it like I've heard before, "Sah -bee-nah"? Or does it rhyme with Satine, like other people think? I hope it's the former, cause "sah-been" just doesn't sound good to me.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, it was, and I had the same thought.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

Ending in an E for a short A sound is a little counter-intuitive.

You could be right, but all the names I can think of off the top of my head follow either Spanish pronunciation (as in "Padme"), with the E sounding like a long A, or English. And words ending in "ine" tend to be either pronounced like "een" as in "saltine" or "ine" (long I) as in "clementine."

Given the pronunciations of Palpatine and Satine, I'm assuming it's "sab-een," which I agree doesn't sound great. But neither do Sab-ee-na or Sab-ine, IMO.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I've always heard it as three syllables in real life, but that doesn't mean they have to pronounce it like that for her.

24. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    I'm just saying I've heard it in real life as "sah-bee-nah". The only person I've met with that name was German, so..... I don't know. I'm just curious, is all.

TaradosGon and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Sir Chem

I was unaware that it was a real name. If that's the case, then maybe she might be named for someone OOU (like Coleman Trebor) and follow the German pronunciation.

Sir Chem and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.