main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is the title of Mandolore put before or after the name of the Mandolore or is the old name ignored? Is it Mandolore Boba, Boba Mandolore or Mandolore the Twain Time Sarlacc Eaten?

Well your wording in the article makes it sound like it was first under Mandalore the Ultimate that armour that worked as spacesuits were used, instead of being in use from at least the time of Mandalore the Indomitable. But maybe that is just me[face_dunno]

Were there not stated somewhere that beskar could not be given good edges? Or am I confusing things?

I would say that it depends a bit on the padding, now that SW and Marvel belongs to the same megacorp we could be seeing vibraniom threads used in the padding.:p

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Mandalore, Gamiel. Mandalore. Just as a friendly reminder.
    It all depends on what time period we're discussing and what the relationship is between the Mand'alor in question and the individual addressing them. In the past, when a Mand'alor possessed an epithet-inclusive title like Mandalore the Indomitable or Mandalore the Conqueror, someone speaking of them would typically refer to them by their full title or simply "Mandalore" if it was reasonable to assume that the Mand'alor they were referring to was the one reigning. When speaking to them, they were almost exclusively addressed as Mand'alor, with a rare few non-Mandalorians addressing them by the additionally formal "Lord Mandalore." The ones whose names were actually given, like Canderous or Artus from TOR, are only referred to by those names friends, family, or those who know them on an informal basis.

By Boba's time, Mand'alore don't seem to be in the habit of adopting epithets any longer; the days of Mandalore the Ultimate/Preserver/Destroyer/Uniter are in the past, with Spar taking on the title of "Mandalore the Resurrector" being a rare and perhaps last of its kind act for the era. As canon stands, from Jaster Mereel onward down to Yaga Auchs in Legacy, Spar is the only known Mand'alor to take an epithet-inclusive title. As far as Boba himself is concerned, we've seen everything between a first name or last name address being those he's casually close to, a more formal address as Mand'alor, and I do believe there was at least one occurrence of "Mandalore Fett" in either Sacrifice or Revelation.

I don't recall anything of that nature, myself. We've had beskad sabers for several years now, the Book of Sith mentioned sharpening the edges of beskar-forged shields in order to slash an opponent in a close-quarters fight, we've got bladed bes'bev flutes, and just recently The Bounty Hunter Code introduced ancient beskar-crafted kal daggers. Beskar doesn't seem to have any noticeable problem with edges.

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The Rocketeer and the Gears of War armors are nice.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sorry, I have a spelling problem
    Thanks

Then I was confusing things

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Mia is pretty much dead-on in her points. "Mandalore" is a title, usually with a description following that epitomizes their deeds as a leader. While there may be some canon references to show different, I am inclined to believe the descriptions were used more after they were dead. Sort of like how we do the same thing here on Earth for memorable leaders in history, Catherine the Great, Vlad the Impaler, or Ivan the Terrible good examples. Well in Vlad's case he probably loved being called that in life. =P

Mia also brings up a good point in regards to the neglect of using the title during the more modern times (60bby onward). Although we do see it's limited use in the Legacy comics when Yaga Auchs becomes Mandalore (I think it's used 1 or 2 times total). After the Mandalorian Excision in the 720's BBY, the warrior Clans went "underground" and mostly used the title secretly. So it's probably safe to assume that it fell out of any public use in the years following that event, and it's use relegated mostly as inspirational of the warrior movement so not to attract unnecessary attention. This is only an assumption, but one that makes a lot of sense. :)

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Surprised no one has mentioned the new Mando in Rebels, Sabine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contessa likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I honestly haven't been following anything with regards to Rebels.

[​IMG]

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Well in any case, she is a young female Mandalorian who is a member of the crew of the Ghost. Wild speculation (totally baseless) is that she'll be Bo-Katan's daughter, and also that she will speak Mando'a because Weisman has a tradition of having non-English languages spoken in his shows.

Contessa likes this.
  9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

I haven't either.

But she is so cute!!! Is that bad to say about a Mando?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Considering all that bare skin and lack of helmet I am guessing she is not well equipped for space battles. . .I would place the Mando angle as a weaker point with regards to her character from the images. Not to mention her outfit looks better suited as re-purposed for a swoop racing than fighting.

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Nah, just don't let her hear you say it. ;)

She does have a helmet; the only bare skin is her arms. It's definitely Mando armor like Bo-Katan's, not a swoop racing outfit.

[​IMG]

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Meant the paint scheme and it seems more sparse than Bo-Katan's that had gut and thigh armor.
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True, but it's possible that it's "training" armor because Sabine looks to be about sixteen or seventeen. Sure, a Mandalorian is considered a full adult at 13, but would the designers take that into account?

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Good point. [face_thinking]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Personally, I'm thinking the sparseness and scraped together look of Sabine's armor has to do with the fact that by the time Rebels takes place, Mandalore's come under the occupation of the Empire. According to Galaxy at War, in addition to enslaving large swathes of the populace, the Imperial forces under the direction of the Suprema made a point of confiscating Mandalorian armor in order to minimize the ability of the Mandalorians who remained free on Mandalore to fight back. If Sabine's from Mandalore but made it offworld during this period, it would explain why her suit seems so bare bones and piecemeal by comparison to the more well-equipped Death Watch.

I certainly wouldn't think anyone would be calling Mandalore the Lesser, well...lesser while he was still around and kicking, anyway. :p

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe it was a reference to his size? He could have been really short

17. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Mandalore the Lesser

I'd say he was anything but short. "the Lesser" epithet isn't because he was small, but because he was a Sith puppet that was put in place as Mandalore without rightfully earning it.

Contessa, Bardan_Jusik and Revanfan1 like this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If his pic is anything to go by he was probably called Mandalore the Beefcake; Mandalore the Fotogenisk or Mandalore the Shirtless to his face:p

[​IMG]

19. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Not sure how many of you have see this yet, but here's the video all about Sabine from Star Wars: Rebels.

Revanfan1 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Needs more jetpack and she seems a bit underarmored. :p But I hadn't seen it yet, thanks for sharing it!

[​IMG]

21. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I like to believe her "underarmorness" comes from the fact she's so young. Honestly she doesn't look to be much over the 16-18 range.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    My kids just came over and watched the video too. My daughter loves her (my daughter is 6) while my five year old son is upset that she is going to be one of the "good guys". :p

Yeah Sabine does look quite young, though I guess for Mandos the 16-18 age range would still make her an adult. Wonder if that will get mentioned in the show.

[​IMG]

Contessa, Ordo N-11 and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Yep, 13 is where "adult" beings in Mando culture. I honestly don't know if the show will ever mention it, but they will be going into the reasons why these main characters have turned against the Empire. Hopefully they will stick to the EU story-line as Mia already stated would mean an enslaved Mandalore.

24. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    I hope Rebels will visit Mandalore and we can see her Clan. As long as it is the "Proper" Mandalore, of course.
    Also, I noticed that Sabine doesn't have a last name. I wonder if that will be a plot point?

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So what are they allowed to do when they have become adults? Join the army? Drink & smoke? Drive speeders? Marry? Etc., etc.?