main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY The Empire has been sold: How do you feel?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by New Vanck, Oct 30, 2012.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
  2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
  3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    we should pray to Waru that this does not happen

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, don't like that. Can only hold out hope they're delaying until they have more data on the new characters that will be released in the new movie and all the tie in books.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  8. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Why? .. why are they doing all of this? Why? .... Please Uncle George, you are our only hope.

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    (I guess this would be the right place to post this)
    So, I lied to some of you: by thinking a Clone Wars Season 6 rumor was fact.

It will be on Netflixs next month. It will not be on cartoon network.

Sorry about that. Man, so many rumors out there! Why don't they just make official announcements early?
    Also: boo Netflixs!

10. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you my Jammies... and yea. Boo Netflix. [face_phbbbbt]

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I know! I just hate that any time I want to see these episodes I HAVE to be connected to the internet. I can't just OWN it. (or record it).
    I mean, I am a star wars fan: I would like nothing more than to give lucasfilm more of my money. ?

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, I'm a techophobe, I've been avoiding Netflix like I avoid facebook. I guess I'm gonna have to figure this stuff out.

13. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    well, I figure Disney will put it out on DVD (if they didn't they would be completely stupid), and I will see it then. I am not a technophobe (lol mika), but I will not go out of my way to see this when all I have to do is wait a bit. Hell that is what Star Wars fans are known for is waiting lol.

14. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    See, I am kinda thinking that they won't be put on DVD. And yes, that would be completely stupid. But, to do that-- Disney would have to spend money to make the discs. With the Netflix deal, they just have to give netflix the right to stream a cartoon that they did not make or put any (or hardly any) money into; as they were mostly produced before the buy out. In exchange, Netflix gives Disney a butt load of money for not doing much of anything.

I really hope I am wrong though. At least this is better then the "Apple TV exclusive" they were allegedly going to do before the Apple TV thingy's release date got significantly delayed. Still, I don't like that the Germans are getting more star wars love than we are. We won the war stangit! Both of them!

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    And with Netflix you don't "own" the movies/shows right? You just pay to watch it? At least with iTunes you sort of own it unless they pull it from you.

16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    All of the other seasons have already been released on DVD. Why would they withhold season six? That makes no sense to me. I hope to Star Wars they don't do that.

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Zannah, that is just my guess. That is not fact. I am basing that on the wording of the press release. They said Netflix was the "exclusive" place to see the new episodes, but that it was the "exclusive subscription service" for the rest of the clone wars seasons.The deal is not jsut for Clone Wars but for other Disney and Marvel products, some also exclusive to Netflix.

Plus, like I said: making a disc (and the packaging, and shipping etc.) costs money. Having another company pay you to stream your cartoon doesn't. Arested Development had their last season on Netflix, but no DVD release.

Hopefully, after some time passes, they will sell DVDs. But, I fear that we may have to wait. In the meantime, one can get a 2 week free subscription. I plan on doing that, and binging on The Warz for two weeks. It is either that, or learn German.

18. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Ich spreken duetch iene bissen. Est gunuch. Est tut mir lite. lol! Danke mein Jammies. :D (spelling)

19. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    What did you just say about my mother? :D

20. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    scheisse SMH lol

21. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey!! Ich nich uber gud! LOL!!

22. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012

My apologies Mika... "Back On Target". [face_dancing]

23. New Vanck

New Vanck Jedi Padawan

Oct 18, 2012
    So have we had any word on what is or is not canon yet?

I heard a committee formed and they are breaking out the knives.

Oh and hello :). Yes, I am still alive

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    No word yet, you know how slow committees are. I suspect most of the changes willl be to the post ROTJ EU, I don't know why they would need to touch earlier (KOTOR) or later (Legacy) periods. Bad news we probably won't have Mara Jade or the Solo kids(in a form we recognize), good news is I suspect they would bring Chewie back from the dead...he's just too marketable.

25. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Nope. Nothing. And as fandom abhors a vacume, the lack of official news has created a flood of rumors.

What we do know is that Lucasfilm has created "The Story Group." The Story Group will consist of Kathleen Kennedy, Dave Faloni, Leland Chee, Pablo Hildago, as well as content creators like J.J. The purpose is to ensure a tight continuity across all Star Wars properties.

That's it. That is all I know for sure. Do they mean tight continuity going forward? Or continuity with the past and future stories? My bet is on the former so that J.J. isn't tied down by the post ROTJ EU but I really hope I am wrong. Again, that is just my speculation.

Other things we actually do know.

Marvel will take back the comic license. Dark Horse editor Randy Stradly said that it was a good time to make a break with LFL as the new comics will be adaptations and spin offs from the new films, not original content which we (Dark Horse) do best [paraphasing]. Dark Horse will no longer be able to print any Star Wars material after 2014 so get those trades while you can.

In book news, Del Ray has cancelled several projects. The new essential guides have all been cancelled. The post Crucible trilogy that would have stared Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi, has been cancelled. Even the last book in the Empire and Rebellion series, the one focusing on Luke after A New Hope has been postponed.

Hasbro, and other licensees have stopped future production of EU-related figures, and products.

Fantasy Flight Games, the licensee for RPGs and table top games, however continues to use EU material.

Those are the only things I know for sure. Everything else is just speculation.