main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Does the Season 5 boxset dvd or blu-ray still have problems? I haven't picked it up yet and wondered if it was fixed please tag me if you reply.

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    No they've been fixed, I was fortunate to get an original copy to be fine all the way through.

3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @SpecialOpsUnit
    Why do people say it hasn't then? And what do you mane original copy?

4. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002

They didn't do a recall so it's best to assume yes. The replacement was a simple phone call.

5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    ah so it's all clear to buy it from amazon or play.com?

6. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002

No matter where you buy it from, it's extremely likely that the last disc will have the sync error. No recall was done so any copy manufactured before the recall will have it. Even if one person actually gets a corrected copy from somewhere like Amazon, it won't guarantee that they are all fixed. The best plan is to just buy it from wherever you want and call for the replacement disc. It's one minute of your time. You'll waste more time trying to find a corrected version.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthMarino so warner brothers aren't going to generally fix it you have to ask?

8. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002

I assume going forward when they produce more sets, the final disc will be corrected. But there will be no way to tell without popping the disc in and no way to guarantee you'll get a corrected set from any store or site.

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthMarino
    ah so it's luck of the draw then but WB have corrected discs available?

10. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Amazon.com is your friend. That, or try eBay.

11. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002

Yes. Just call the number. You will have a replacement disc in your mailbox in a few weeks.

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthMarino
    Darthmaul208 said:
    @DarthMarino
    ah so it's luck of the draw then but WB have corrected discs available?​

ah I might hold off longer.

13. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    I don't think it's likely they'll be pressing new discs any time soon. So you'll likely have a long wait unless you purchase and call/ emaul for replacements. Darth Marino is right. The process is quick and easy. I got discs from California to Ontario, Canada in 10 days!

EDIT: Oops. I'd email not emaul. That could be violent and angry :-o

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

There wasn't enough complaints to warrant Amazon or other sites to return the whole original sets they received from the supplier. The problem is very small as most people were not affected. It sounds like you don't want to go into much effort to get a functioning disc set...

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I just got the boxset for my birthday. I'm not sure where my mom bought it from, but sometimes it looks out of sync and sometimes it looks fine. Is it really worth the time and trouble to replace and are the replacements perfect?

16. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

What kind of BD player are you using? I had this issue: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...blu-ray-thread.50011421/page-34#post-51245389

But it was only a problem on one of my BD players...the other 3, it played just fine. I figured out that it wasn't an HDCP problem since I hooked that BD player (which has up-to-date firmware) to a TV w/ a tuner (the one my other working BDP is hooked up to) and it still wouldn't play.

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 yes I don't want to ring them up they should just sell the proper one in the first place. Companies are selling this knowing it's broken so there is a law against this called the "misspelling" law(I think). WB should just sort it.

18. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    This is a very minor problem that many people won't and haven't noticed. I am thankful that they did a free replacement program. You don't even have to send your old disc to them. Despite the fact that it says "Star Wars" on the cover, this is not a high profile, popular release worthy of doing a full scale recall on it. You've already wasted more time posting here than it would take to just call them.

hlc88 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  19. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    That's for you to decide. 60 seconds of my time to have a better disc of one of my favorite shows of all time was worth it to me. I watched all of the replacement disc and didn't notice any issues.

hlc88 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Well then It looks like I will have to get it what's the number to get the replacement discs after I get it?

21. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    1-800-553-6937
    Technically you can call before you actually get the set but you will have to specify which version you have (Season 5 vs. Season 1-5 box set) since the disc are is different.

22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DarthMarino
    I'm from England however so is there another number sorry I should have been clearer

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    If I notice a sync issue on the older seasons, will they replace them as well?

24. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    No, just the final disc.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The final season you mean, right?