main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bonus Content: The Lost Missions **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Gladly. :)

MOD Note for Bonus Episodes airing in Germany tomorrow:
    • We are going to treat the episodes airing in Germany like we did the Shadow Conspiracy arc with one thread for early discussion that will be spoiler warned.
    • Any discussion of actual content from the episodes, particularly something like character death will be required to be spoiler tagged everywhere on the board even in spoiler warned threads like the Bonus Content spoiler thread and the TCW General Thread.
    • When starwars.com posts info for the new episode which will likely happen right before the Netflix release mods will post the usual episode threads or arc threads and the grading threads later. I recognize the concern about 13+ episode threads being on the front page at once is a lot. But since there has been a lack of content to discuss I don't think it would be a problem. It would be simpler to do arcs.
    So just to add- as per the title there will be ZERO spoilers in this thread. To reiterate from the SWTV rule thread the policy for the TCW spoiler-free thread (as this is the BC equivalent):

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Where is that thread?
    Doesn't that go against the rest of your post?

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Right, fixed it. The TCW spoiler-free thread is elsewhere, but for all intents and purposes it will not be used for now. This thread right here is the spoiler free thread for the Bonus Content. It will suffice. [face_peace]

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  5. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    I'm glad it will be streaming on Netflix, but I still want the "lost episodes" to be available on disc like the rest of the seasons. If Disney pulls a Tron, they'll be pissing off a lot of people, especially me.

6. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Darth Maul Apprentice what happened with Tron I know there was a animation called uprising but never looked further than that I guess it was just cancelled.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I was hoping that even though they're airing in Germany they'd still be in English, but after skimming the spoiler threads for non-spoiler discussion (since the episodes started airing today) it seems like they're in German after all. So if anybody like me thought they were going to be slick and (illegally) download the episodes from Germany after they aired there, it's looking like that's not an option unless you speak German. Unless I'm wrong, we're all going to have to wait three weeks for the Netflix release. At least we have our own release date though, because if they were airing in German and we still had no release date for English I'd probably be flipping out a little bit.

8. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, Uprising is the one. I loved that show. What I meant was, you can stream it on Netflix, but you can't buy it on physical media. I've not read anything about if it will be released on disc. I don't like streaming everything. For some shows/movies it's ok, others I want the disc.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I agree, I want to be able to own a physical copy of this, not just stream it.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I'm fine waiting now that we know how long we have. Even if it were subtitled in English I'd probably wait.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    I don't mind waiting. It's not that long of a wait, plus we'll get to see all the episodes back to back.

12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Is everyone staying strong and avoiding other TCW tagged threads? I'm hangin' in there but I feel like I need some moral support...This is the worst feeling ever. Its feels like if my favorite team was playing in the superbowl and I had to DVR it since I wasn't going to be able to watch it...that feeling of everyone else knowing your favorite team/character's fate and you having to go about your posting w/o any knowledge....

13. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    Look at it this way. In about two weeks your answers will be solved. It gives me hope knowing that I'll get to see the last episodes soon. So hang in there it's almost here. I stay out of the spoil forums period, that's just me though.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Did you watch any of the bonus content trailers at all? Because I watched every single one before making this thread. Now that the episodes are about to be released I actually feel like I know too much about them, so I have no temptation at all.

15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Yea, I watched all of the clips and trailers they released...so I have some thoughts as to what is going to happen.
    But the biggest thing for me that is making me antsy concerns the Order 66 arc. That is the one arc I care more about than the others. I really don't have temptation to know what happens in the yoda or jar jar or clovis arc, but since the order 66 arc concerns my favorite character, I'm dying inside b/c people already know what happens with him and I don't. I don't want to ruin the first viewing experience by not being able to understand the dialogue (in German). But I have this feeling like - its like your wife cheating on you emotionally with someone else. Everyone else knows Fives better than I do now...and its tearing me up inside.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes There's a Jar Jar arc? I thought this was no spoilers. :p Yeah I can understand the extra suspense since you like Fives so much, but unless you've been peaking into spoilers you have no idea whether anything significant happens to him in the arc. Maybe people don't know Fives as better than you as you think.

17. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I think about Rebels to occupy myself.

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Ooops! sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't already a "non-spoiler, confirmed content" piece of information...I edited my post accordingly. The thing is, I was paying attention to spoilers (which I usually do) up until the episodes were released in their entirety in Germany. So I've read the plot synopses and such and I've put things together in my mind, but they were always just hypotheses and wishful thinking. Now that the first arc has aired in Germany, there are definitive answers for my guesses and I'm so afraid that I already didn't get what I want. And the worst part is, not only did I possibly not get what I want, but other people who've watched the German episodes already know if I did or didn't get what I want. And I have no idea! Its like if you're nominated for an award and the person gets the envelope and opens it, reads it, and just stands there. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the audience and this guy on stage knows if I won or lost and I don't b/c he hasn't announced it yet. Its stressful!!!! arg![face_nail_biting]

EDIT:

Thats what I've been trying to do...but I still have half of these threads on the boards that I can't click on or open out of fear of being spoiled and it makes me sad that there's this whole world going on in those threads that I'm not a part of...b/c I'm Fives for goodness sake!

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes I haven't hounded people for referencing this arc or that arc in this thread. Seeing "the Yoda arc" doesn't tell you anything about the arc except Yoda is a main character in it. Even "the Order 66 arc" is pretty vague. Heck, I saw the trailer for it and still have no real idea how it ties in. I didn't know about Jar Jar, but I still don't really know anything about it. Plus even though you edited your first post, you quoted me saying it. :p If you read the episode synopses than you've been exposed to more spoilers than me! No talk about that stuff here obviously.

So just to make a rule for this thread since this is the first time it was brought up: it is okay to reference an arc like the examples I just gave, but it is not okay to reference any details about what definitely is or isn't in the arc from actual knowledge (predictions are okay).

20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Why would they air them in English in Germany??? Makes no sense at all.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Is a man not allowed to hope?

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't watched any of the trailers other than the one that aired several months ago with

Yoda getting Anakin to help him escape the medical center

I'm staying out of the spoiler threads. I'm not tempted, simply because I know how disappointed I get when I learn too much ahead of time.

But I do look forward to March.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been trying to stay clean, but a friend of mine in real life managed to drop a major plot point the other day when we were talking about the German release. :(
    I'm trying to look at the bright side though... at least I have three other arcs to look forward to with no prior knowledge.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Has a time been announced for March 7th? Like can I start watching them at 12:01 AM on the 7th?

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    At times like this it's good that none of my RL friends are Star Wars fans.