main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    No, they are only replacing the last disc for the sync issue.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    ^This.

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I never phoned up. My communication was via email. I cannot find the form now for which I filled in. I suggest emailing to this address: WBCustomerServices@technicolor.com

It's a UK address. I'm in the UK. And this is the email address they replied from.

I would first of all, when you purchase it, watch the discs first to make sure you have got issues. No point wasting your time doing all of this if you have got perfect working discs. If you have faulty discs you will have to send your discs back but they send a pre-paid envelope, so all the costs are on them.

4. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88
    great hassle but I guess I want the show. can I just order it direct from WB?

5. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Not really too much hassle. A double-check to confirm the sync problem, one email to alert them (and, in my case, one further email confirming my mailing address): total time comitment, +/- 5 minutes!

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

No, you can't. The UK Warner Brothers wants discs sent back to them. They PAY for it. All you have to do is email them once you've made sure your copies have faults. All you have to do is wait for the pre-paid envelope to arrive, send it back, and then wait for your discs. It's that simple. God, you make this sound like its some huge effort on your part.

It's slightly different for UK people then US peeps.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 May I just say I Do NOT live on benefits and I do have lots of motivation but when I can't buy a simple boxset of a TV show I love I get annoyed. I don't particularly like contacting companies that should automatically make sure there products work. I hate Governments, politics, companies and basically the modern world. No offense but you sound like one of those people who try to start an argument about anything- I think there called Trolls! or flamers!. Why bother coming on the forums to start arguments- join a debating club and maybe change your attitude if you base your opinion on a few forum comments. You do not know me and from what I've seen and heard of you I don't want to know you. Thanks for to helping though.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Calm. The discussions between you two and at large need to remain civil and not become personal. Discussions can become heated, but personalizing it is unnecessary. There's PMing for that. Consider this a warning.

9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

You don't want to take simple advice yet you asked for it. We try to help you and you throw it back at us. You don't like the modern world. Life is never simple. Life is never easy and never will be.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 Nevermind pal. I don't throw it back to you I am just stating my opinion if it offends you; you should be more open minded. Looks like I will have to contact them after all.

11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

But only do so after you have checked your own copy - watched all the episodes. Really, honestly, the problem is very small and hasn't affected everyone. You could be lucky and have perfectly working copies without having any problems at all, and then this whole conversation will be moot.

12. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 I will take this advice thanks.

hlc88 likes this.
  13. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    Or moot. But, you're right, mute would be better. Peace & Love, all!

14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Oh dear... my brain isn't working... its late... well is 10:51pm late? :p One thing I dislike about needing to be up at 6am is the lack of brain activity I have in the evening... :p

15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 not late but why are you getting up at 6? Aren't you on half term like me? and yes I'm a student to.

16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm at university. Half term doesn't exist for university students.

I'm at the end of a very intensive degree (I've been very stressed these last few months) and am two weeks away from qualifying (hopefully). I'm studying Radiography. And I'm on clinical placement in hospitals so still have to get up early though half-term does mean a slightly later get up time of 6:30am this week due to less traffic but I'm still awake at 6am because that is my usual get up time.

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 ah sorry to hear that I'm at AS level doing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and ICT. Half term doesn't exist for you guys but you get longer between term breaks - I compare it to Hogwarts!. Radiography is studying Radiotherapy isn't it and treating cancer and tumours. I hope (guess) you are enjoying it but I wouldn't want to work at a hospital as its to stressful and I don't like "helping" people please don't start as I don't like seeing people in pain or cutting them up. I want to work for either a researcher , technician/engineer or something to do with space I haven't decided but I think I'm going to do a chemistry degree maybe biochemistry.

18. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    It's an LG BD550; neither of the discs loads in the machine at all (so I don't even know if there are sync issues or not). I had a response from WB/UK and they're sending me a pre-paid envelope for a replacement set of discs. A very polite, if efficient, e-mail, the subtext of which seemed to be "yeah, we know, we've got four bin-bags full of that first pressing outside the back door; yours may as well be added to them..."

Since buying the set on Amazon, they've since listed my BluRay player as one of the seven models it doesn't work on. Whether the replacement set loads or not is another matter, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If push comes to shove, I'll hold onto the set until I upgrade my BluRay player, but I'm hoping the sync-fix was combined with a compression-fix (they've offered to replace both discs, which would suggest it's not just the sync-issue from Disc 2). Guess we'll see :)

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Good- everything's hunky-dory between everyone. Bad- we're waaaaaaay off topic. Keep the personal discussions to either the social thread or PM.

20. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    Darthmaul208 & hlc88 it doesn't get any better! I teach university and am up at 5:45 (even this week when we're on reading week here in Canada).

Anyhoo, getting back on target--Darth you need to get this whatever the annoyances of securing sync'ed copies (which does seem much more onerous for you UKers) to enjoy directors' cuts and Jedi Archives entries, if nothing else!

Atantiabo likes this.
  21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @darkmarc I should and I am worried about going to university. I also have a habit of going of topic as I find its easy to and I want to find out about other people instead of just there thoughts on threads. I have been told a few times now!

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Hmmm...Interesting...I'll head over and see if they list the model # of the one i have thats having problems...you may have just remedied my confusion! Thanks! :)

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Actually you are very wrong about my course! Radiography is X-ray, CT, MRI etc. we need a degree to operate those machines, basically looking for bones and pathologies! Radiotherapy is the cancer one where you give radiotherapy.

I also do not get longer breaks! I get shorter because it is an intensive course. I get 10 weeks off a year. That's it and it's spread over the academic year.

To keep this on topic... Blu-ray players. Can everyone who has had disc that not play list them here? It may help others and if amazon does not have all the players affected then at least we will have Comprehensive list.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013

Sure thing, I'll list mine and Blackout's since he said it above:

LG BD550
    Toshiba BDX 1100KU

hlc88 likes this.
  25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Is anybody else having some pretty annoying mouth sync audio problems with most of the first disc? I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias and I'm just looking too hard or if there is an actual problem with the first disc. I've gotten the sent by mail second disc btw, haven't watched it yet. It's really not a big deal because I don't really plan on rewatching the first disc's episodes, since I don't care all that much for them, but I'd still like a fully operation disc set.