main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lost in a Good Fic -- The Well of Lost Plots Social Thread

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NYCitygurl, May 31, 2010.

1. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I tried to take some of your snow, but apparently not enough to have an effect.
    Regardless, I'm in the middle of a six-day weekend thanks to weather.

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, someone tell Elsa and/or Jack Frost to cut it out! We're frozen here!

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow! Not gonna lie, though, I'm not jealous. I've had enough of being stuck inside 8-}

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Snow? It was sunny and 67 degrees here today! There are reasons I love living in Florida!

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That's basically Cushy as well but probably upper 50's. :)

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So looking forward to the 60 degree weather forcast here next week. Just gotta make it through one more sucky and cold weekend.

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Trade meeeeeeee.

I am excited for the warmer temps, but it's going to go back down again, and massive, sudden shifts screw with my allergies and sinuses.

Man, I'm a barrel of fun this weekend 8-}

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Send me your snow. I will take it ALL. I'm going on a week-long cross-country ski trip tomorrow, so the more snow, the better. :p

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Woooo! It's yours :D

Also, what fun! How much distance are you covering?

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Making graphics to any Doctors regeneration music = bad idea. Leaves pesky saltwater drops all over the keyboard and on occassion headaches.

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You can have my snow all you want. It just won't stop. [face_laugh]

Gah! A week long ski-trip sounds beautiful. I am glad that you can put the winter to good use. [face_love][:D]

12. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    We did 15km today, three of which was some of the toughest backcountry skiing I've done in a while. The trail was really narrow (about a foot and a half); the snow on the trail was hardpacked and fast, but the snow off the trail was really deep - you'd basically slide awkwardly for six feet and fall over because you didn't have enough room to maneouver proper and end up falling into a snow bank. :p The rest of the trails we did were phenomenal - hardpacked snow, but not icy, which made for some extraordinarily fast skiing; little to no wind and lots of sun, which kept us warm, despite it being -14 C out.

We're doing another 15km tomorrow and then Wednesday is out long run (between 30 and 35 km, depending on whether we shorten the route or not). Thursday is an off day (probably will skate the canal, if it's open), and then Friday is still up in the air because they're calling for mixed precipitation. If we do get to go out, we'll probably do a 20km route or something along the lines of that. :)

It is gorgeous up here, though. Really. Looks like Narnia. :p

NYCitygurl and Juliet316 like this.
  13. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    It's one of those days that show any and all writing one has done on previous days to be absurd. I know such days are liars but, still, I agonize

14. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I've had days like that. It's not fun. [:D] I hope your inspiration and confidence are restored soon.

All this talk of snow around the boards and what people do in it really makes me wish I could ski. It looks so fun.

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Cushing's Admirer - Have you thought about adaptive skiing programs? There's something called a sit-ski that can be used for Nordic skiing (you might want to check out this website if you're interested). :)

16. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    :eek: No, I haven't. That's cool. Thanks. :) Honestly, I don't really think skiing is feasible given I'm in Az and don't travel much but I will check it out.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    You're welcome. [:D] If you ever do get the chance to travel to a place that gets enough snow, try it out - it's a lot of fun! :)

18. Luminous beings are we...

Luminous beings are we... Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 19, 2013
    Cushing's Admirer — That's a very kindly hope. Thank you

As last night's rant was perhaps not the best way of introducing myself, let me step back a moment and say: Hello. I am glad to meet you. I am also rotten at picking screen names so, call me "Lu" would you?

I confess, I'm something of an interloper, as SW fanfiction is all the writing I have on my plate at the moment. But, I somehow stumbled into your NSWFF Writer's Support Group and found its discussions to be just the sort of thing I was wanting. And the company was captivating.

If I may, I'd like to get to know you all, and cheer you on in your projects, and learn from you; and, in this thread, just chat.

May I?

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well met, Lu :) *Cushy wheels over and offers hand* I'd love to get to know you and help you if I can. :) I tend to get in trouble rambling on about my stuff here as its not fan fic. Can I PM you?

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Saw a YouTube splash screenshot of the I am Legend alternate ending (which I didn't click on), and now I've got even more Doctor Who plot bunnies in my head.

On the upshot, it's nice and warm here finally.:)

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    darn it! I've been plagiarized on ff.net! My Frozen stories are being plagiarized! You better believe I'm reporting this!

Actually, it was plagiarized from this site! Someone is coming here and stealing my stories and posting them in fan fiction.net. What a jerk!

22. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    mrjop2
    That hurts. As a fellow author (and university student used to certain writing standards), I feel your pain.

From my end, I can only hope that you will find a solution to your problem. Maybe if you take it up to the FF.net admins, they'll be able to do something about it?

And in the meantime, just know that you have my moral support.

Lauré :)

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    It's annoying, but at the same time flattering. Is that weird. It's flattering that someone liked my story so much, that they wanted to try to pass it off as my own. It's annoying, because she's taking the credit for writing: Frozen: Let it Go. This girl is a 13 year old (I know because she very foolishly described everything about herself on her profile. Boy, she would be an identity thief's greatest treasure right now.), and I hate to get her booted off of ff.net, but you can't go around stealing other peoples work. Luckily, all eight or so of her Frozen stories were also stolen, some even from here like me.

All of us are on Tumblr, so we got together, and we all file complaints. I don't think she'll be around on the site much longer. I suspect she's stealing alot of Percy Jackson stories too, so if anyone wrote on that, I would go and check it out.

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    mrjop2 - Ack, my heart just broke for you there! There is nothing worse than having one's work stolen, and I am glad that you are getting that taken care of! [:D] (She sounds veery young, but still - that is not okay. I hope that she can write her own stuff someday and be the better for it.) That said, you have a couple of great fics, jop, it is flattering, in a very weird way. :oops:o_O

Luminous beings are we ... Welcome to our corner of the boards, as well! It is so good to meet your e-equantance, and I hope you enjoy your time here. [:D]

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    UGH! That sucks. As a past victim of plagiarism, I know how you feel. At least you guys are reporting it. I'd also leave reviews publically calling her out on it so that other readers realize they are reading a stolen story. If you haven't yet, I'd also report it here.

Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hopefully this girl will learn her lesson once she realizes she's caught.