main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why do you think that is a possibility?
    Personally I think he is more based on the Inquisitors from WEG

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    He has a double saber and he's called an "Inquisitor", both of which are also true of the "Sith Assassin" class.

RJ Carey likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Aha, I see

purplerain likes this.
  4. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Probably both, really. The Inqs from WEG are really what's more appropriate for the time period and where they obviously got the basis for the character's existence, but the Sith Inquisitors from TOR are pretty hot in the collective fanbase right now, so I could definitely see that as part of the decision to give him the double blade and the tall lanky look of the basic Sith Inq.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Since we were told that the Inquisitor has two lightsabers that can be fitted together into a saberstaff, I think I know how it's going to work.

Here's a picture of a single blade:
    [​IMG]
    And when combined with a second blade we get this:
    [​IMG]
    So there must be a slot that allows them to fit snugly, with each "rapier hilt" fitting opposite one another. Still don't think the double-bladed version seems very practical, and if the Inquisitor is fighting one duelist, why not just stick with a single blade? Other than the potential to spin it, I guess?

BTW, here's a picture of the Inquisitor in full armor, including helmet:
    [​IMG]
    Source: starwars.com

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I hope Steven Blum voices the Inquisitor. You can just hear Amon's voice coming out of him.

RJ Carey and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Looks like a modified version of a Royal Guard helmet, and thus that means the Inquisitor has, intentionally or not, taken cues from the Shadow Guard!

[​IMG]

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Were it not the Sun guard that had it first?

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I meant that, like the Shadow Guard, he is black-armored, uses a Royal Guard-style helmet, and has a red lightsaber. You can say what you like but that can't all be coincidence, not completely.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, I sort of like the armor.

RJ Carey and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm surprised that there are no pictures of inquisitor lego minifigure yet. It's kind off odd if they won't make him.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have to disagree. The helmet is similar but not that similar , the Shadow guard use a lightsabre pike while the Inquisitor have a lightsabre of a wholly different model and outside of the colour their armour are not that similar to me

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I actually hate his shield.

14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I didn't say they were identical, just similar.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True but you said that "You can say what you like but that can't all be coincidence, not completely." and it was that part I was disagreeing with. Both the Inquisitor and the Shadow guard serve the Empire as Force users so it is not unexpected that they share some design but I don't think they really have anything common outside of that

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I just mean that they both use the "black version of Royal Guard helmet" and "red-bladed lightsaber." The second is obvious given he's a villain, but the first can't be 100% coincidence. Maybe they borrowed some of the Shadow Guard appearance for the Inquisitor, maybe not, but either way they both seem to have the same root for their helmets at least: the Royal Guard, the Inquisitor's of which just happens to be heavily modified.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I understand but I still think that the Inquisitor's helmet is not that similar to the Royal Guard's helmet

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Looks much more like it here, IMO.

[​IMG]

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    From what I can tell The Inquisitor's helmet is one of the most original (in the sense that it's not based on anything prior in SW) things about him. I looked at some of the very first sketches of Sith Lords posted a long time ago by ATMachine and there wasn't really any big similarity. I also don't think it looks particularly like anything that made it to screen either.

20. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Like Darth Desolous, The Inquisitor is Sith-aligned, is a Pau'un, and has a shield.

The Inquisitor is Darth Desolous revived!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, I remember people getting excited for Plo Koon's lightsaber gauntlet, that never actually turned out to be a thing on screen. I'm wondering if the shield will actually appear in the series, or merely be a toy accessory.

Gamiel and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    To see just how wrong I was about this, check out my Early Star Wars (1974 - 1979) Influence in Rebels thread. [face_beatup]

23. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I hope that The Inquisitor will use his shield on screen. It's the only aspect of him that I care for at all.

I wonder if The Inquisitor will use red lightning.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What do different lightning colors denote? Is one more powerful than the other?

Natural lightning has a blue - violet tint because earth's atmosphere is predominantly nitrogen, and an electrical arc through nitrogen produces blue/violet light. Other gases would produce other colors. The colors you see in neon lighting are an example of this - Neon = red, helium = yellow, Co2 = white etc.

But Force Lightning is different from natural lightning obviously... it seems that it's more than just an electrical discharge, though it resembles an electrical discharge to the casual observer (and an electrical discharge may indeed be part of it, but not the whole of it). And I don't know what causes the different colors or what they mean. It would be interesting if something addressed this at some point.

Hmm... Talzin had green lightning IIRC.

purplerain likes this.
  25. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Making things red tends to make them feel more "Sithly".