main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That was crazy awesome. I now want an electric violin.

We got into that house today. It was pretty much perfect, except for the fact that it was falling over. You could literally feel it leaning to one side. Plus the people smoked inside. Seriously, who would ruin a beautiful house by smoking inside? But our realtor is now going to notify us whenever a house of that style goes up for sale.

But our new plan is to kill off our grandmother, get our inheritance (was are the only grandkids), and buy a super-crazy nice house.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Briannakin The RCMP have been informed. Just sit tight, they'll be 'round in moments... ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Goodwood They'll never take me alive! NEVER!

Edit: We are all actually kinda curious to see what happens when she dies. Or grandfather had a good job for a number of years but they never lived an extravagant lifestyle, so our mother thinks there might be money. But he left it all to our grandmother and she might be a total witch and leave it all to our aunt. But our aunt has no kids, so even though we aren't close, she has no one to leave it to but us. It's a rather interesting scenario, but the only way I can figure out for sure is to go on a murder rampage.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin she could give the money to her favorite charity. Of course, if she liked your Aunt why wouldn't she leave the money to her? I assume that is her daughter. What does it matter if she has no kids? She can use the money for her retirement or to go on vacation.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm going to try and get power of attorney over my grandma. My dad has it currently, and when my grandma was taken to the county home, my dad was accused of negligence.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    It's not going to be easy, and I'm not looking forward to the process. How my dad won power of attorney despite the neglect accusation is beyond me.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    TrakNar: hope it works out easily and for the best. [:D]

I'm sitting here waiting for a delivery that should happen before 9pm tonight. That's all I know about it other than that it's in a van and on its way.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    What I'm not looking forward to is the added rift it'll cause between me and my dad. My dad's the only parent I'm still on relatively decent terms with, while my mom is an airhead down in Florida, whom I think is drunk to some extent or another when she calls me and is in general irritating. I don't want to lose what tenuous decent relationship I have with my folks, regardless of how messed up they are.

And I woke up with a sore throat. Considering I babysat my niece and nephews over the weekend, I'm no doubt getting sick.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear you're getting sick (again). :(

I don't even want to think about what kind of strain that sort of thing would put on the relationship I have with my dad and stepmom. One can only surmise, then, that it's a good thing I don't have any living grandparents to worry about, but that's kind of harsh and a bit selfish.

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My mother-in-law is the only relative I have living that is a generation older than me. At least I think so. My father had a brother and a sister, but I only talked to them once in my lifetime, so I am not sure if they are living still. So I guess the torched is passed and it will be my kids wondering what to do with me when I am old and feeble. I am pretty sure they will put me out on an ice flow to die. Let's just hope they don't find out about my hidden gold coins or they may put me on that ice flow next week so they can preorder some Xbox game.

12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well, if it's gold coins the I might just put you on that ice floe and nick them for myself... hee-hee-hee. :D

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Good luck with everything Trak. I hope it all works out fine.

My aunt on my father's side is probably the only person I'll have to do the final affairs for. Even though we aren't close, I can't see her leaving everything to charity over my sister and I and I can't see her making anyone else power of attorney, we ARE her brother's kids and it's not like she hate us. However, that's a long way off (hopefully).

But on my mother's side, there is nothing to fight over. Our grandparent's measly estate is to be divided evenly amongst the 17 grandchildren and whatever great-grandkids come (there are 4 right now). There are plenty of other people to deal with the final powers, not that anyone is fighting over anything. Besides, my grandfather is going to outlive us all.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I will leave a legacy of artwork, comic books, SW stuff, and toys.

I have Mabel on my lap and she's purring. She'll help me feel better. The kids are roiling cauldrons of pestilence.

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    There are just two or three that I bought before gold became a zillion dollars an ounce. One is a Krugerrand. The others I am not sure about.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sometimes the coins are worth more than the gold they're minted from.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes. One of the pretty much only things of any sort of value my father left was some rare Hong Kong coin. The face value of the coin is only about $2 Canadian, but people were selling these coins online for around $200. Granted, online prices and what things are actually worth are very different. My sister has it, but it holds more sentimental value for us, so we will never sell it.

But kutos for you for getting some gold before it went up in price. Just out of curiosity, why haven't you sold them?

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Good luck with your grandmother, TrakNar, that's not a fun situation to be in. :( [:D]

So today, I tried to teach myself to temper chocolate... it's not hard, but it does require some time and apparently not a candy thermometer. The one I have only goes only as low as 100*F and I needed to see at around 80*. So I just winged it, which didn't turn out all that well, but the chocolate should still taste good.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Briannakin I didn't sell them because I don't need the money. I figure they will be worth more twenty years from now. Also I hold onto my coins on the off chance of a zombie apocalypse.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Always a sensible precaution. ;)

21. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Speaking of tempered chocolate, you haven't lived unless you've had HOMEMADE Reese's peanut butter cups. My dad has made some, 2 or 3 times now? They're amazing, all-natural too, so no worrying about ingredients you can't pronounce. :p

22. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Here's something to go with those homemade Reese's Cups:

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Woke up definitely sick, but I'm going snowtubing regardless. I don't care that my throat's sore, I don't care that my nose is clogged, and I don't care that I'm coughing. I'm going snowtubing. The cold will help get rid of the fever.

24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Um...I'm not sure that's how it works. Oh well, hope you had fun tubing at least.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I went tubing and had fun and I feel better. Throat's still sore, nose is still clogged, and I'm still coughing, but I don't feel feverish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.