main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Clone Wars Reboot

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MaulLover1313, Feb 19, 2014.

?

Is a Star Wars the Clone Wars Reboot a good idea or a bad idea?

1. Good

11.1%
  2. Bad

75.6%
  3. Maybe

13.3%
  1. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    Should they make a reboot to Star Wars the Clone Wars so that they can more stories between the duration of the other show? They did one for the mini-series. I think that it is a good idea and I have many ideas like more episodes about other jedi beside the main characters like Quinlan Vos, Shaak Ti, Ki-adi-mundi, Kit Fisto, and Aayla Secura, more Boba Fett, a better portrayed Grievous, jedi who never got the spotlight like Oppo Rancisis, Stass Allie, K'krunk, and A'Sharad Hett, more planets, more Cad Bane, more Aura Sing, more Deathwatch, more Darth Maul, more bounty hunters, Durge, chameleon droids, new clones, more clone commandos, more Ventress, more dead jedi, more CIS victories, Battle of Coruscant, Order 66, Operation Knightfall, Outer Rim Sieges, graphic novel adaptations like they did with slaves of the republic, more clone-related episodes, Battle of Geonosis, less Jar Jar, more stories, new episode arcs, new jedi, early battles, and much, much more. I think that the idea has lots of potential. So what is your opinion?

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The problem is that 2003-2013 has been nothing but Clone Wars material. It's time to explore other eras and conflicts.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As much as I think the conflict could've been covered better, I'd prefer them to move on now. With the novels and comics, there's loads of different material to explore different eras, but with the visual stuff we've had Clone Wars exclusively for a decade now.

It's a 3-year period in a timeline covering about 26,000 years. Lots more characters to meet, lots more planets to discover.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It would've been better to just continue it for another few seasons, but a reboot now wouldn't work, because they've already moved on to Rebels.

Boil likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    They should have finished TCW with the type of story telling that they had been doing. Now, we are left with half complete stuff and there's nothing we can do. Even Leeland said something to the effect to leave it alone. I'm not for a reboot, itf anything, they should scuttle the old EU and do a new one. Keep certain stories from the old one and just create new ones and they are it. No more separation between the last EU and the new one. All stories are important and what ever is not included should be like the stories that were not included in the "Bible" acryohol. Yours to read if you want to explore it more. The clone wars suffered because this series bascially changed the dynamic of what came before and while there are things that you can bring in, there are an equal amount of stuff that you can't. We can't unwrite Asohka, this series is being held to the standard of the movies. Rebels is going to be the same way, anything that came before is good, but...........in the past from a prior regime.

In my opinion no reboot, if you do more clone wars stories it needs to follow what the series did. That way one voice, one group of stories and no divisions, like the new comic book from Dark Horse with Darth Maul. Whether you like comic books or not, that 4 issue series is just as important as the clone wars episodes. and can be considered episode 122-125., an arc. That comci book series has more weight than any other clone wars stuff that came bout ack then. Thats the way they need to do things.

Sorry if you dont like my comments but thats the way I feel

6. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Enough with the freaking reboots already.

7. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    I'mma out myself as the black sheep and say "yes."

The Clone Wars irks me because, like the films around which it is centered, it's a body of work riddled with flaws that also happens to absolutely nail it when firing on all cylinders. I'll defend this position 'til my dying breath: IMO, the story of the prequels (and the Clone Wars, by extension) is without question the most interesting and engaging in the entire Star Wars mythology. It's one of subversion and deconstruction. It's a story where the bad guy wins, where heroes fall, where saviors are corrupted. I've never been a proponent of a grim!dark atmosphere, but The Clone Wars just had a really killer atmosphere that I don't think will be matched in future works.

I'd love to see a reboot of this show, engineered and managed by a group of cooperative, competent minds. I like the show as is, but it represents a huge missed opportunity to me.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This.

The era is saturated as hell. Another era please.

I think Rebels being set in the Dark Times is great; I'd also like to see exploration of the era between TPM and AOTC.

9. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah, I'm tired of The Clone Wars.

anakinfansince1983 You bring up an interesting idea by suggesting the time period between TPM and AOTC. What even happened during that era? Besides the training of Anakin and minor conflicts I don't really know much else. It would be cool to explore, maybe see the seeds of the Separatist movement and such.

Revanfan1 and purplerain like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Outbound Flight happened. So...Mas Amedda's career was ruined, C'baoth told the Jedi Council to go **** themselves because he was in charge, and Thrawn praised preemptive war while a woman followed him around and reveled in his awesomeness.

That's basically it.

I'd like to see a series about life in the Temple or maybe an adult-themed House of Cards type political show about Palpatine's chancellorship.

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  11. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    No reboot. They should just finish up the last seasons of TCW. We need to see the series finale...

12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Palpatine's influence seeped into the Republic (something I would love to learn more about). We know that the Royal Guard was created, the Chancellor's office became red, and term limits were abolished. Also, Gunray was found innocent four times but still hated the Republic afterwards.

Thanks for bringing up the idea, anakinfansince1983. This is a time period that I've always wanted to see.
    What's ironic about this is that I remember a time when everybody thought that the war was Republic vs. Clones and people complained about TPM contradicting the EU.

Cevan likes this.
  13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Reboot? No

If they actually had an endgame and the ability to do what they want(Before the Disney deal) they could/should of moved the war to maybe 4 years but besides that it is time to deal with other eras. I love the Clone Wars era but it is time to move on. I do wish TCW would of focused a little more on other Jedi like Secura, Fitso and Mundi but too late now.

14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Not really interested in a reboot nor really interested in continuing adventures of this three year gap at all. There was, IMO, plenty of material already covering this period before TCW ever came into the picture, and while I enjoyed TCW, I would have preferred they had made a show set in a different time period. The Clone Wars was so interesting in the 2002-2005 time span, but after 2005 and the release of ROTS, my interest was satiated.

If I had to pick one time period/event to center a show around, the Unification Wars would be it.

15. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    No, just no.

16. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014
    Why would it need a reboot if it's actually good and long running? I'd be fine with a comic about it that adds on to their adventures, but a total reboot would feel like a waste.

17. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I agree. Love the Clone Wars, but let's move on.

KOTOR/SWTOR series. Now.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

Commander Krix likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Too soon, too soon. TCW was fantastic IMO but we should move on for a while. I'm sure down the road the TCW era will get circled back to as soon as the kids who grew up with the PT are old enough to get hit with nostalgia.

purplerain likes this.
  19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I DON'T WANNA STOP :mad: :mad::p

20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I voted bad idea. I don't want a reboot. I want the seasons 7-8 of Star Wars The Clone Wars - the Ventress arc, the BH arc, the Rex & R2-D2 arc, the Kashyyyk arc, the Commando arc ...

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There will be a 3rd Clone Wars continuity. Bet on it.
    TCW was not needed. Dark Times. Pre-TPM, between TPM and AOTC would have been fine as well.
    I was ready to move on after 2005. Some stuff in the era since then is fine but not another series. Overkill.

22. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I think there should be a big break before we get to see another Clone Wars TV show. The Old Republic and the Dark Times eras deserve a chance to shine on TV. I also hope the Sequel Trilogy will be a good enough era for there to be a TV show set in it.

If Star Wars does end up getting rebooted in the future, I would love to see a Clone Wars reboot with the CIS getting a lot more on screen victories and getting a lot more development, as well as CIS Council Leaders being heavily involved like they should have been on TCW and with a better portrayal of Dooku and Grievous, the evil of the Republic being explored more and other Jedi Council members getting more of a focus. However such things could still work on a Clone Wars show without a reboot, it could just be a show set in TCW continuity with original characters as the main heroes.

23. Boil

Boil Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2014
    I feel that it's too late for a reboot and a continuation of the current series. The best way to fill the many plot holes left by ROTS, finish the story lines of the developed characters and even create the other arcs that were abandoned with the cancellation of the show would be to make a comic and the tell the stories through that. It's all well and good that they created 13 episodes to finish the main stories but they could do so much more with the characters.

I feel that the lime light needs to be removed from the clone wars and given to the dark times and old republic generations for a while but there's no reason why they cant incorporate characters from the clone wars into the dark times.

24. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    No real point in rebooting it. Two TV series, a couple dozen novels, probably close to a hundred comics...yeah, the Clone Wars era has been covered and mostly covered well. We don't need to do it again.

25. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Why should they? TCW was great as it was.