main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    QFT ^ ^

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm totally for you and I being hired. ;)

3. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Here's a pretty good fullbody look at Sabine, get a pretty good look at her armor in this, and it really seems more maroon and orange then pink.
    [​IMG]

4. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Whoa! Where did you find that? Are there full-bodies of the other characters?

5. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Only of Kannan and Sabine so far, sorry.
    But I have also found HD full images of the pics shown at the end of each intro video.

6. Erik_B

Erik_B Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 11, 2014
    Incidentally, on the subject of graffiti, sci fi and rebellions,

I-War.

The greatest space combat game ever made. The Earth Commonwealth Navy battle a colonial independence movement.

The Indies get their ships by borrowing them from the navy. And then adding a little color.

7. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013

Cool! I'd be interested, but you might need to put them in spoiler tags, since they'll be so big. Or maybe link them. But, yeah, put em up! Thanks!

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Paint splashed gloves and boots, the Rebel insignia on her left boob, the "come hither" look...

OK, Disney, she seems pretty cool but beware the too outlandish.

9. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013

Exactly! I am reminded of these words by one Ranah Teh Naast:
    I am glad that at the very least Sabine represents a different side of Mandalorian culture we haven't gotten to see onscreen just yet, one distinct from the polar opposites that were Death Watch and the New Mandalorians, and hopefully we'll get more hints of this culture outside of the standard bounty hunter stereotype that many aruetii casual fans think when they see the word "Mandalorian".

Contessa, Revanfan1, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  10. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Well I can put them up here yeah, but this is why I was asking if anyone wanted me to start a gallery over at screencapped.net. So that I can put them all up on there so you could view them to your hearts content without having to sort through posts.

Plus It'd have caps of all the promo vids too, and eventually of the full eps. Which would be about 1000 caps per ep, by our norm for 20 minute shows. :)

11. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Sabine looks awesome. Now she just has to be awesome.

12. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Ok, I see. I'd be interested, for sure.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I see no problem with graffiti as a form of rebelling, nor with the idea that the Rebellion can be "fun" from some characters' points of view, at least initially.

I mean, even in WWII films or other war films, it's not uncommon for rookies to get excited for war. For instance, I'm watching HBO's The Pacific, and some of the characters are boasting about how they are going to take out a whole platoon of Japanese soldiers all by themselves, etc. But then they actually see combat and it's sobering.

We might see this kind of evolution, though probably not to that extent. Star Wars always remains a fun adventure first and foremost, so I'm not expecting anyone to be developing PTSD or anything like that. As someone pointed out earlier, it might be more like Ahsoka's evolution from being extremely over confident, and having a feeling like she can take on the Separatists no matter what the odds, to getting everyone under her command killed.

Ezra steals the helmet off a downed TIE pilot. He goes right up, and snatches off his head, it seems. Then he skips away unscathed over a helmet. Yes, too much of that can become annoying, but he could also just be a character that has yet to experience failure, or what the Empire is truly capable of.

Maybe someone Ezra cares about gets killed over the stuff that Ezra is doing. He pokes the wasp nest and finally gets stung, so to speak. Maybe then he'll stop seeing it as a game. Even Luke was really excited about the Rebellion against the Empire, like it's some fun adventure he wants to learn more about. But then Beru and Owen are executed by the Empire and Luke gets swept up into the middle of events...

As for the graffiti, I don't see what the problem is. It's not like she tags along ONLY to mark buildings. It seems more like rubbing salt into the Empire's wounds. To those that see it, it kind of serves as a confirmation that there people standing up to the Empire. It's not like the Empire can really come up with a cover up story for being embarrassingly defeated by a ragtag army when artwork is left at the scene, pretty much as a big middle finger to the Empire.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Gotta admit I wasn't really a fan of the graffiti artist angle to her character at first. I thought it was a bit too... trying to think of a better word then childish but there it is. Then someone compared it to the graffiti on the Berlin Wall and that really changed my opinion on it. I like the idea of an oppressed person trying to express herself creatively and snubbing her nose at the Empire in the process. And as others have mentioned that's not all her character is about it seems as she also likes to blow **** up! :D I like that they're showing a different type of character than we're used to. So overall good character design and now on to Hera.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Characters in shows Weisman works on tend to be troped-up and built around one or two quirks Lets take a moment to remember who Rebel's target audience is going to be. However they tend to get rich character arcs with well thought out backgrounds. I'm not particularly excited about any of the characters except Sabine. The structure of the main cast of characters of Rebels thus far reeks of a safe formula. That's not a terrible thing really, there is something particularly compelling about taking something that seems really lame and even cliche and turning it into something awesome. One of the earliest things we learned was Rebels was gonna be like Scooby Doo with the cast going from place to place solving mysteries. Gargoyles handled that sort of thing very well in the Avalon world tour.

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Luke, Han, and Leia are all pretty enthusiastic after they reunite after they blow up DS1. And that's after the death of Ben, Owen, Beru, Biggs, most of the X-Wingers, and the destruction of Alderaan.

Optimism and humor in the face of an Empire, no matter how irrational, is a necessary component to staying in the fight and not quitting. It also shows us the difference between the rebels' "humanity" and the Empire's joyless totalitarianism.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    That full body shot is really good. I like her design a lot. There's something anime-ish about it. Also, yeah for there being a female POC character. It seemes like there's like two of those in the entire Galaxy.

Contessa likes this.
  18. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Not liking the concept that the rebel alliance symbol could be just some graffiti art somebody made up...

19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I like the wolfish head on her shoulder plate that's about it. The colours, style and especially the paint spatter and expression does nothing for me. Definitely doesn't look like it's serious which I think is a grave mistake. However completely unsurprising (yes I am speaking of the image but it doesn't raise my hopes at all for the series as a whole, either.)

Togruta likes this.
  20. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Not every character has to be brooding and angsty. The OT wasn't even like that. TCW wasn't like that. We have those type of characters, so this one is a nice counterbalance.

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    What makes you think that it is? All that that shows is that she chose to spray paint the symbol onto her armor, not that that's how it first came about.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thrawn: I never said they did. I said it didn't look serious. This series about war. War is serious and making it seem fun to kids is dangerous.

23. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Who said it's just some graffiti art somebody made up? It's the rebel symbol, and she spraypaints it everywhere to say, "Hey, the rebels were here."

24. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Ok, your really not thinking clearly obviously. You want a series on real war, a series as dark as serious as a real war. Watch the history channel. This isn't that, this is Disney XD. You're not gonna have realistic war here as much so as you want.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have no concerns whatsoever about kids watching a cartoon about war and coming out of it with the attitude that "war is fun," unless they have some sort of mental problem that keeps them from being able to distinguish a cartoon from reality.

When I've freaked out over giant spiders on screen (just an example), my own kids have rolled their eyes and said, "Mom, you know that's not real." Normal kids who have been taught the distinction between media and reality are capable of understanding the difference.

And quite frankly, anyone, child or adult, who thinks that blowing **** up is a fun or acceptable thing to do because a cartoon character did it and laughed, is either a psychopath or a complete idiot.

(And no developmental psychology or sociology lectures, I've taken all those courses and have worked with kids my entire adult life, and my opinion is the same.)

If I want to watch a serious war show, I'll watch Platoon or Born on the Fourth of July.

I want a fun show that makes me laugh. I don't want a repeat of TCW season 5.