main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The picture above makes them look like a family unit. Zeb and Hera are the parents. Kanan is the older brother, then Sabine the middle sister, and Ezra the little brother.

3. Kelvin88

Kelvin88 Jedi Knight

Feb 9, 2014
    Now seeing the ghost crew as a whole is quite... uhm... colorful. You can't tell much about the characters from the information given and even less about the show itself. But their character profiles sound interesting. The overall look of the character models are not that different from The Clone Wars as I had expected. Except from a simple and plain grass landscape and some dogfight scenes we haven't seen locations yet where the plot is about to take place. But I won't judge Rebels before it is released. I am confident that Filoni and his team have some great ideas up their sleeves. I am really looking forward to it.

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really liked the look of the animation in that shot of Hera in the cockpit and I definitely think it looks more polished then what was in the teasers. I really like the makeup of the crew and I'm looking forward to learning their personal histories and motivations for fighting the Empire. One thing I noticed while rewatching the Zeb intro was a concept art of him standing in some area with the background smoke shrouded and in flames. It could be part of a battle with Empire or something but Filoni is talking about explaining where he comes from when the image appears so maybe it has something to do with his home planet and what happened to it.

5. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Finally we are leaving the Stoic Days behind.

My only hope is that Kanan and Ezra, as they learn more and more about being Jedi, don't lose their personalities and ability to act like regular people.

Also: digging the retro 70s colors! =D=

6. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    After Greg Weismans confirmed seriousness and Sabine I'm started to get damn excited.

Contessa and Dra--- like this.
  7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Dra--- "Finally we are leaving the Stoic Days behind." Stoic days what is?

8. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I found the PT and TCW Jedi to be too stoic and almost indistinguishable from one another in characterization. I still enjoyed the PT and TCW, but my vision of Jedi are more like ANH Luke or Rebels' Kanan.

I think this issue will be a big challenge as we move forward on Rebels and even the ST. Do Jedi need to lose their regular Joe personality, sense of humor, and human desires simply because they master the Force? I don't think they do.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Dra--- Ah I see but what does Stoic mean?

Dra--- likes this.
  10. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Sto·ic

[stoh-ik]
    adjective
    of or pertaining to the school of philosophy founded by Zeno, who taught that people should be free from passion, unmoved by joy or grief, and submit without complaint to unavoidable necessity.
    ( lowercase ) stoical.
    noun
    a member or adherent of the Stoic school of philosophy.
    ( lowercase ) a person who maintains or affects the mental attitude advocated by the Stoics.

11. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

http://www.lmgtfy.com/

;)

V-2, EHT, Darthmaul208 and 1 other person like this.
  12. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Ok, Hera vid was released on youtube, so I'm updating the caps in the gallery to those. They're not a different size, but the quality is just a slight bump up.

Though if I may say, I find it kinda, well, Odd, that all the videos are in 1080p, except Hera and Sabine's. Like, all the guys videos are in 1080p, yet the girls are 720p. Something seems off about that.

podjazd likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Perhaps they are just the two newest videos and the 1080p versions have yet to be uploaded? Sabine and Hera seem awesome, there's no need to start a sexism debate.

14. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Nah, that's not it, the others were 1080p once they came out. I dunno, maybe they've decided to stop uploading 1080p and stick with 720p, I dunno. And I'm not trying to, I was just stating something I found odd. Don't worry.

Edit: Ok, thought I'd share a peek at this with everyone, the character reveal still of Hera.
    [​IMG]
    This is a shrunk down version of the pic though, the glorious full HQ image is going up in the gallery I set up if anyone want's it. :)

Links in my sig as always if anyone needs it.

15. Jedi-Hero

Jedi-Hero Jedi Knight

Dec 30, 2011
    Took some screenshots for wallpaper. These are from 720p video but they seem alright, at least for now. I can't wait for fall to come by.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and Dra--- like this.
  16. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Anyone have a larger shot of the one in the middle? It's awesome.

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Your saviour pal @Dra--- is the Rebel lover @SabineFett look at her signature and look through that.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really can't wait to find out what character David Oyelowo is playing. So far the Hollywood Reporter has been spot on with all the actors they've mentioned so I assume they were right about him too but who does he play? The Inquisitor or a character we haven't heard about yet? Maybe we'll find out tomorrow if the trend of releasing a new vid every day keeps up.

19. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Thanks! Can't find it. Must have. Want!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. SabineFett

Feb 17, 2014
    Haha, here you go.

http://screencapped.net/tv/starwarsrebels/displayimage.php?album=22&pid=3244#top_display_media

Can I ask what gave you trouble? Maybe I can explain how to work your way through the gallery if I knew what confused you.

Dra--- and Darthmaul208 like this.
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    And Brent Spiner!

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Check it out; I made Kanan Katarn!

[​IMG]

23. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Needs more beard.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm no good at photoshop; I just whitened the shirt on my phone. :p

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I am alright at it but I don't know who Kyle Katarn is!

V-2 likes this.