main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY March of the Snow-Mandos!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    So my armor is coming along beautifully! Just need shin and boot guards and gauntlets.
    Then need to work on my helmet. I bought a dremel and will try to work on it tomorrow at home. Home Depot only carries clear visors, I will check LOWES tomorrow . If not, we need to place an order with the vender we discussed at the workshop, but only if we will get them in time.

I still need soft parts of my costume- panic time!

2. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I bought my visor off of amazon. I bought 2 at the time and I believe they were less than $10 each. It is the visor in my revan and sith stalker helmets and they are dark to look at but have great visibility. Last year during the on field battle I was able to see just fine out of it. Ill try to post a link.

72Princess likes this.
  3. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    Ps. Unless lowes changed from last summer they only carry the clear ones as well.

4. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    Been looking to get started on a Maul Mando in the near future..... so not really a snow mando but still another mando to add to the mayhem. he he he

5. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
  6. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I have purchased helmet padding from ebay- it was cheaper to purchase in bulk than to purchase 3 units for my two buckets and AJ's one.
    If anyone is interested, I have some to spare! $3 each (covers my expense and shipping cost only) - they are "military helmet replacement pads", they are round disks and have quite a cushion. They are about 4 inches in diameter. Let me know if you are interested. I have 6 available right now, might end up with more if I don't use the ones I have set aside.

I have these in hand BTW

7. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I also recently purchased a lot of 10 face filed visors from ebay- they should be delivered by FRIDAY next week. A group of us at the workshop have been discussing these for quite some time and I needed mine for the 1st.

If you want any of the extras, the total to cover expense and s&h are $3.75 each. LMK! Thanks! I will be keeping at least 3.

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002

What color are they? I've needed to get a shield for my guard costume but I've been a procrastinator and haven't done it yet. lol

9. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    They are dark green- we had trouble finding black… at a reasonable price. I do have a roll of limo window tint I am holding on to in the event it is needed for these visors. I will keep you updated! ;-)

10. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Please do. I am very interested.

72Princess likes this.
  11. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    my visor is also dark green, and as long as no light is entering the helmet to light it up you cant even tell its green. adding the limo tint may make them too dark and more difficult to see out of.

12. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    oh, I see. Hmmm… I am such a rookie!!

I am not sure when they will arrive. I am curious now! And excited!!

13. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Visors have arrived!! I will bring them on Saturday.

Darth Erebus likes this.
  14. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    helmet sanded, washed and prepped for painting. All the armor is drying with the last layer of surface prep (wood glue). It's 1040pm, not a good time to realize I NEVER MADE GAUNTLETS!?!?!?!?!!! ughhh….

Darth Erebus and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  15. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    This build, using worbla has some great tips on how to make gauntlets from worbla. LINK

16. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

And with last bit of paint and some reassembly my Mando Rifle is completed....now on to the finishing paint on helmet number 1..

17. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Crunch time people!!! Mandos needed for filming!!

18. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Yup! How many Mandos will we have in one week? Sound off if you'll be ready.

19. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Me!! Me!! Pick me!!! ;-)
    Busting out now!!
    Btw- Sensei- do you still have the stalk to my helmet? Could use it Monday ish... ;-). LMK if I need to make one for you too.

20. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Ugh. Yeah, I have it. Steve said he might be able to give me his block but that was the last I heard of that.

21. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Alright, I really need to know who will have Mando armor ready for Saturday. Also, of those people, who will be willing to wear the armor for filming only or for filming and the live show.

22. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Okay- so now I am going to be finishing mine up - just need to do the vest and attach the armor. I have purchased white pants and a white top- tight and stretchy fabric- but after much consideration, I am going to go with a flight suit.

I will be also re-doing Sensei's vest, and making one for Dan. Steve, I measured you a few weeks ago for your vest and will be happy to follow through with it. LMK.

AJ LOVED the way my armor has turned out as well how Sensei's costume turned out, now he would like to be a part of the clan. So I will be building a SNOW Mando with him.

With all of that said, we will be purchasing a bucket from Skirata soon and would definitely put together a group order.

Have any of you picked your MANDO name? I am starting to research that and am interested in some feedback.

23. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Oo! No, I hadn't! I'd appreciate any useful links. But, I should also add that I compiled a basic Mando'a phrase document in the Fall that might be a good resource; based on that, I'm currently thinking my personal Mando name will be, "Jare" (pronounced as JAH-ray) which means someone who takes foolish and potentially fatal risks.

Also, from that phrase document, I had suggested several choices for our clan name :

Cin'buurenaar (seen boo-REY-nahr) - blizzard, literally, white storm.

Cin'haran (seen HAH-rahn) - antarctic, literally, white hell or white annihilation

Ciryc'kyr'am (seer-EESH kee-RAHM) - cold death

Ciryc'kad (seer-EESH kahd) - cold sword

Michelle liked Ciryc'kad which I also am leaning toward at this time. Dan liked Cin'haran. Any other votes for our clan name or any other suggestions?

24. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    If you'd like I can order all the helmets as I get a discount from Skirata/headshot props and TMA. It will save roughly $15 a helmet that way. Sometimes more depending on what it is. Just throwing it out there.

Sensei's helmet design is also not being made anymore if anyone was interested in that particular one.

Just an FYI.

25. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Also Skirata changed over from being mostly mando to now being mostly halo stuff. He has 3 types of helmets now. The Owl like Michelle and Anna purchased is no longer produced by him but by another person. Skirata/HSP and TMA are class guys with great products and great customer service. TMA makes armor as well so if you aren't crafty it's an option.

Keep in mind these helmets from anyone are made to order an can take weeks to months to get. Orin Michelle's case many months to a mess up with too many orders at once.

Like I said in my last post, I can order all the helmets as I get a discount on all my orders. Let me know if that's an option you want to use.