main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I agree. I'm just spitballin' here. :)

Darth_Panicius and TheBBP like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    One of these days I'm gonna guess right and then I'm gonna feel like a genius! Especially if I just keep guessing tomorrow... :p

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Aren't we due for a v2.0 of this thread by now? :p

4. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm just ready for this whole casting period to be over so I don't have to read NO NEWS!!!! again until the Episode VIII Casting Rumors thread. :p

5. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I've grown fond of this thread. Every forum must have a deposit for all of it's insanity. Spontaneously, this thread took that onto itself. We should be grateful for it's sacrifice.

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I miss Rumors.

She left me just like they all do.

7. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Don't give up... strive for page 1,000 before the casting is revealed... tomorrow! :p

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012

Totally relate to that. Now I'm in a Priestly mood. Time to jump on youtube.

By the way, since you seem to be a Lemmy fan, I was at this place called the Rainbow Room in Hollywood on NYE. Supposedly the place is like a second home to the guy. Didn't see him though. They keep a seat at the bar open for him. [face_devil]

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, it is, from all I've seen and read. He lives someplace close, as far as I recall. Unfortunately, I have more chance of surviving a direct assault on an Imperial Star Destroyer with a dull spoon than ever going to LA and to Rainbow, hah. Probably the only "celebrity" (kinda dislike the term) I'd like to meet and have a drink with, give him a gift of a bottle of rakija.

JediWheelz and Dra--- like this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    LeBron James has been cast...

For Space Jam 2.

I weep a little inside. I have a slight fondness of the original.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012

I smell a crossover opportunity. C'mon, Disney, don't let me down. :p

T-R-, Darth_Panicius and TheBBP like this.
  13. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    And Matt Ryan was cast as John Constantine. He'd better stock up on hair dye.

TheBBP likes this.
  14. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The one time I went to the Rainbow Room he was there on the patio hanging out, he seemed cool with whoever coming over and talking to him. Good luck! :)

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You guys are making me look good in comparison. Stop it.

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I got 99 problems, but starwars casting ain't one

17. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    Nope, it's two :p

Darth Punk likes this.
  18. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Nah. It's 3...The Big Three! [face_laugh]

Darth_Panicius and Darth Punk like this.
  19. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    The way this is going we won't know who else is in it until the first trailer :(

And Disney will miss a perfect opportunity if they don't have something ready for when "Guardians of the Galaxy" is released in August.
    If fans with a simple computer and basic editing software can put something together that looks ok, then the billion dollar empire of Disney should be able to do something come this summer.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am confident that they will. And it will be a disappointing reveal of the Episode VII logo, sans actual title... :p

Darth_Panicius and FRAGWAGON like this.
  21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    "Disappointing you say, blasphemy it is, nothing disappointing Star Wars is." - What Yoda would say to your comment.

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Guardians of the Galaxy will be WAY too early for any theatrical teaser for SW. However, I can see them announcing the title for SW Ep7 around that time since it coincides with the Comic-Con event. A year-and-a-half is pretty good timing for title release following a cast release.

Just a reminder that every cast member for TPM was known 18 months before its release. Plus, every person cast had been rumored for months prior. So it's safe to say that the cast for Ep7 will likely if not definitely consist of folks who have already been rumored (despite denials). There may be a couple of more rumors before the cast announcement (May/June probably), but that's only if they have to make last minute decisions.

The puzzling thing for me is while they have a bunch of male casting rumors out there for us to choose from, the female rumors are extremely scant and there have been absolutely no new female casting rumors for months. Surprised there haven't been any new casting rumors in that demo since the fall. Seems likely that they have their girl (s) and have had them for a while.

What we won't necessarily know are the character names that they will be playing.

Darth_Panicius likes this.
  23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well I hope we will have some kind of info before september. Still, it is good to know.

24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm thinking that one or more of Taissa Farmiga, Saoirse Ronan, Rachel Hurd-Wood, or Ksenia Solo (long shot) have been cast already for roles. With no other rumored young females, it's highly unlikely that they were looking at ladies like Lily Collins, Hailey Steinfeld, Chloe Moretz, etc (upcoming rising stars who have enough name recognition) simply because someone somewhere would certainly have gotten a hold of those rumors.

And of those, only Rachel Hurd has had multiple mentions at different times which I take as a possible "re-visit".

That is, of course, unless the roles they were reading for have been axed which unfortunately is a possibility.

25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Flyguy worked his magic on JJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.