main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    To the Outback of Australia. That would be good.

2. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    No, I respect that Russian singer that Goodwood posted too much to have Russia tainted by him. My cousins can deal with the fallout of an Australian Bieber.

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Let's give Bieber to this little kitty:

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    NOOOOOO!!!! It's just not fair! I demand a rematch that will probably end the same way.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Why do we have to keep him? Does he have dual citizenship? If not get Homeland Security to deport his butt! And have TSA do an extra special job screening him!

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We have to keep him because the US lost the hockey game with Canada... whoever lost had to keep the Beebs.
    But I like your idea! :D

7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Cool Rebels stuff

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hate the animation style of Star Wars Rebels, but if we get a glimpse of Mara Jade I'll be watching it. I haven't heard anything about her being in it, so no spoilers, BUT if she is in this TV show then that is a good sign that the EU won't be totally trashed.

9. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I simply would not trust Failoni not to screw up her backstory, though. He's proven he doesn't give a flip about canon in the past, so why should he start now?

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Flargleblargle still sick. Slept all day again. I need to get up tomorrow, I can't keep sleeping all day.

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I stopped watching the Clone Wars in season 2, I think. I thought it was alright, A LOT of the canon stuff irked me though, so I'm not exactly up to date on any of the cartoon news.

I hope you feel better soon, Trak. I was having some major chest pain today, I think I may have a chest cold. Needless to say, I spent all day on the couch watching Olympics.

Also, I think boys are dumb-dumbs. After saying he was busy on the day I tried to reschedule for, he has yet to text me again. I'm pretty sure he got cold feet. I'm not exactly heart-broken though. He ain't got time for me, I ain't got time for him. I'm marrying Benedict Cumberbatch anyways.

mavjade likes this.
  12. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I think he's already married, Bri. ;)

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, he's actually never been married and is currently single. A girl can dream :p

TrakNar likes this.
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I just spent the last six hours outside with the Boy Scouts while they were doing their Klondike winter challenge. Ack! I don't like the cold. My boys came in third place of all the groups competing. They did a great job.

15. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Wuss. :p Though it's cool your boys came in third; I never actually did the Klondike Challenge when I was in the scouts.

Briannakin: Never marry an actor. They'll just as likely ditch you for a younger girl as they'll go off with some floozie every chance they get. ;)

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Well, you can't get much younger than me without getting illegal.

More importantly, I found something out that will blow your minds. The maple leaf on the new Canadian polymer bills smells like maple syrup. I know it sounds unbelievable, but I kid you not, if you sniff a new bill there is definitely a sight sweet maple scent. Apparently it's not on purpose, but I swear it's there.

17. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    People have said that to me, especially concerning the $100 bills! I never smelled it on any bills, and I handled QUITE a few. I used to be a manager at McDonald's. You'd be surprised how many times people order 2 meals and a Junior Chicken or whatever, and all they have to pay for it is 100. They were legit, but it was still weird.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Apparently it's strongest $100, probably because they change hands less, but I just sniffed a new $20 and there was a slight sent.

I once paid for something like a bagel at timmies with a $100 because I didn't have any other change (and I wanted to split the bill anyways). I felt so awkward doing it.

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    ...I want one, now, so I can smell it.

20. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It's made all the more awkward with the cashier's "Uhh, can I get a code for a 100?" :p

21. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Working at 7-Eleven, the only times I was ever permitted to accept $50s or $100s was when taking money orders. I had to turn away quite a few customers because they tried to pay for a soda and some snacks with a Franklin...silly customers. :p

22. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Working at a corner store, that makes sense. There's a Mac's down the road from my place, I'd always grab a cinnamon roll there after I did my paper routes. On the door it said something along the lines of "We never accept $100 bills, and we don't accept $50 bills after dark."

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It makes sense, but a few years back there were a massive amouts of fake $5 and $10 bills circulating around this area, and the people got away with it because NO ONE checks them.

24. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    It was kinda sad actually, to see how many really poor copies were accepted into my McDonald's. It might just be me being their resident American, but I don't understand how what looked like a magazine clipping run through a washing machine could be taken as real American currency. Victoria's primary industry is tourism, so a LOT of American cash can get circulated here. You'd think counterfeits would still be easy to spot.

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I think you should get a medal or something. I'm fairly sure this counts as 'above and beyond' the duties of parenting!

Talking of money, in the UK we rarely use anything above a £50 note unless it's a large amount of money being dealt with. We do have a £100 note but I don't remember ever seeing one. Also, there are some weird but awesome caveats concerning what is legal tender in the UK. The best thing about this? I learnt something new, and learning is awesome!
    Check out the 'Legal tender and regional issues' section of this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.