main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    As Contessa mentioned, SWTOR is F2P. I don't think you even need to buy SWTOR to play it now. Most MMORPGs don't have subscription fees anymore and are either F2P or B2P.

But I personally prefer subscription fee MMORPGs, like the upcoming Elder Scrolls Online, because with a steady income from subscriptions the development team doesn't get laid off once the game launches and continue to produce new content for the game.

Contessa likes this.
  2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    The general consensus on the internet seem to agree that this so called "Wrath of the Ancients" is indeed a hoax.

So far it looks like Theron will be Republic only in Tython/Korriban flashpoints and will apear on both sides in Manaan/Rakata Prime flashpoints. So far Revan is only in Rakata Prime flashpoint (both sides). Supposedly update 2.7 (with Tython/Korriban) will be put on PTS tomorrow - I'm sure there will be more leaks soon.

Unlike "new expansion" revelations these FPs leaks are solid.

3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    PTS?

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Public Test Server

5. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    Hopefully they leak something big... Kuat wasnt that big of a splash for me. The Flashpoint story didnt go anywhere. Just a radio call saying thanks youre done. Seriously? WTF was that?!?!

6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I hope they could give existing Jedi/Sith characters more involvement instead of creating new Jedi/Sith in new encounters.

purplerain likes this.
  7. Scrubbed

Scrubbed Jedi Master star 1

Feb 1, 2006
    Aren't most of them dead?

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    A lot of them are still alive.

9. Scrubbed

Feb 1, 2006

Such as?

The only Jedi I can think of that live and have a mention related to the game and might rival a PC are Satele Shan and Gnost-Dural.

Wens, Giffis, Oric, Shol, and Nikil haven't really done much that is know so it's not like involving them would be that much different than a new character.

Sith wise doesn't one just have Marr, Rictus, Vowrawn, Ravage, Jadus?, and Aruk.

With Vowrawn being a bit of a joke and Jadus being a massive question mark.

10. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Ravage is also alive, and Tormen could be very much alive as well.

11. Scrubbed

Feb 1, 2006
    I had listed Ravage already, I did forget Mortis.

Putting Tormen as alive is royally pushing it. 1/2 of the players killed him personally in a cutscene and he was on the loosing end of a space battle.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    If you choose to aid him, in the beginning of the Makeb series, Marr will tell you he was busy doing his job if you ask about him.

13. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    According to datamined information Korriban/Tython flashpoints will include:

Republic version:
    - Sacking the sith temple on Korriban and the reclaiming jedi temple on Tython.
    - Appearance of Theron Shan.
    - Appearance of Rian Darok (member of Republic Special Forces).

Imperial version:
    - Sacking the jedi temple on Tython and reclaiming the sith temple on Korriban.
    - Appearance of Darth Arkous (member of the Dark Council and head of the Sphere of Military Offense).
    - Appearance of Lana Beniko (Sith Lord and advisor of Darth Arkous).

Source:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1ytoke/swtormined_patch_27_pts_patch_2242014/

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So they sack each other and then reclaim each other's Temples...so basically nothing decisive happens as a result? The kriff? :confused:

On the bright side...Theron Shan!

15. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    That does describe a lot of SWTOR though- the Sith invade, the Republic beats them back, same old, same old. The war in general is probably somewhat in the Republic's favor at the moment, but in general things are very vague. Haven't gotten around to playing through the Kuat flashpoint on an Imp character yet, but that describes a lot of content already (fighting a Republic or Imperial version of the same boss really). Though invading Korriban sounds more important since so far I don't remember any Republic character getting close to Korriban whereas Angral already attacked Tython. Too bad the test version of 2.7 has been pushed back to Wednesday (some last minute problem) so videos probably won't be up until then or Thursday.

It'll be interesting to see Theron Shan in person though, it would be nice if we got to hear some background on him, though I expect at most a Codex entry hinting at his relations. The Shan family line might still have a few secrets (the SWTOR encyclopedia possibly hinted at something about Satele's mother), but not like the game or any of the tie-in material ever bothered to give us anything more about the family, such as Revan meeting his descendants.

VanishingReality and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    The JK landed on DK and ostensibly killed the Emperor while a Republic fleet either attacked DK or Korriban or both. It has been a while since I finished that storyline.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm curious if they'll give Theron a unique hairstyle based on his look in the comics, or go with one of the game's previously-rendered hairstyles that's just "close enough." They already gave Satele and Jace unique hairstyles, so maybe Theron will follow suit. Only time will tell...

18. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I have always been bummed that you can't get Scourge's tentacle braids.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    IIRC, Kira's hairstyle is in the game...just not like that. Hers is side-braid, no topknot, but you can only have no side-braid, no topknot, or both side-braid and topknot. So a lot of companions have "little things" that differentiate them from the basic player. Like Corso's hair; you can have the dreads, but not the weird sloping sideburns.

20. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011

Theron codex:
    If I remember correctly it was possible to rip entire dialogues from files. Sadly it was long ago and now it is impossible.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    It seems that I was wrong about impossibility to rip entire dialogues. From data miner:

Huge spoilers about the Tython, Korriban and even Manaan Flashpoints. And huge implications for where the story is headed. After reading through the conversations, here's a synopsis: Darth Arkous (Imperial) and Colonel Darok (Republic) convince their governments to stage attacks on Tython and Korriban respectively. These attacks are cover for their real objective: to steal a Rakata Artifact stored at each. To what end is unclear right now. But, it turns out that these two are working for Revanites or are members themselves. And the surge of this organization is very interesting...

Some conversations:
    Theron Shan: "The Order of Revan". Hmph. My family has even more pull than I thought."
    Player: "You're related to Revan?"
    Theron Shan: You never heard that story? Bastila Shan, Revan's great Jedi love? The name made it all the way down to me, even if the Force didn't. Look: Revan was a wild card, and his crazy cult
    of followers is bound to be the same.

or

Player: "Revan?"
    Lana Beniko: "I'm sure Theron could tell you all about him."
    Theron Shan: "He was a Jedi, then he was a Sith, then he was a Jedi again, all about three hundred years ago. I'll send you a history file."

It is interesting that the Order of Revan do not wish to change the empire from within (like they did before) but aims to destroy it completly. And there is something named "the Infinite Army"...

22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Not going to lie, this looks really interesting.

Sinrebirth and purplerain like this.
  23. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    AusStig likes this.
  24. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    So there are Revanites on both sides (Republic and Imperial) now?

purplerain likes this.
  25. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    Or it was an SIS operation all along... lol

Zorrixor likes this.