main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Other than the fact that he fits nicely with the casting call of "Street smart Orphan", Lucas drew famously from myths and religious 'backdrops' when it came to names (IE Luke the light bringer, Padme - lotus flower, Dukoo- poison) A little wiki-history on the biblical character of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezra

According to the Hebrew Bible he returned from the Babylonian exile and reintroduced the Torah in Jerusalem (Ezra 7-10 and Neh 8).

Just something to toss about.

Jedi Merkurian , Dra---, TKT and 2 others like this.
  2. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I think I posted this before in a similar thread a long time back but I think it's very relevant to the current conversation.

[​IMG]

My first foray into the the current EU timeline was with Dark Empire and I think this passage from the intro to Dark Empire particularly shaped my view of it.

Wise words here and it's why I won't be upset if the majority of EU is no longer within the main canon despite the years I've spent engrossed in it.

It's been a great ride, I've enjoyed it but I'm excited to see what comes next.

StoneRiver, Mange, EHT and 7 others like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is also what I think thought I have only liked the EU for 4 years.

4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think you'll see characters from Rebel appear in the ST - Ezra for sure......

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think Ezra is likely, the Inquisitor is likely, and maybe even an old (70ish?) Kanan is possible.

Darth Archimage likes this.
  6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    That would put Kanan in the running for older Jedi to be killed in Episode VII.

Maybe even Ezra too, for that matter.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Who might play such a character, factoring in Freddie Prince Jr. is voicing the actor in Rebels? I think that means he might not sound too stoic or PTish despite being an older Jedi character.

Who would play Ezra?

No names or know names? ;)

8. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    I think major planet names and descriptions should carry over from the EU to the "official" canon. Imagine the next few generations of Star Wars reading old books or playing old games and seeing all of these places that are mentioned in a multitude of places, yet technically "don't exist."

Iron_lord and Ryus like this.
  9. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Debating the canon status of the EU? What is this, 1999?

T-R- likes this.
  11. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I won't lie, I loved it... but died a little on the inside when they renamed the Sith homeworld from Korriban to Moriband (sounded like it was pronounced Moribaunh though, though the M was clearly present). Its not nearly as dark and menacing as I hoped... imho Korriban sound darker, I can deal and will get over it but still...

This is a reminder of why I'm here, so I can find out the continuity changes a head of time and accept them long before I would if I just watched them on screen and just get shocked and devestated at changes. That way later I can enjoy the new properties for what they are ([face_love]) and not what they replaced ( :_| ). Hope others like me who love the old continuity can get over it... on the plus side though SWTOR is now not canon [face_dancing] , well at least a big chunk of it (so too is KotOR I & II but SWTOR already retconned both of them... so smallvictory to those who wait patiently for SWTOR's destruction [face_devil])

And wth? Yoda vs Darth Sidious before episode III... so Sidious is now like Superman where even though now his face is known no one can seem to figure out Clark Kent is him due to the glasses (in this case yoda is fooled by a hood for the duration of episode III) *facepalm*

My o_O moment was yoda vs the lava monster... still trying to figure out how a lightsaber can defeat it... [face_laugh]

This is me mostly dealing with the changes emotionally... sorry if you disagree, no offence was meant.;)

Dra--- and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Looked amazing! Thanks for posting it. I have a feeling that Dagobah is going to turn out to be the original homeworld of the Jedi which has been lost to history until Yoda rediscovers it. I would really like that and it would make perfect sense to me that that's why Yoda exiles himself there after ROTS.

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am already over it. That trailer was fantastic. I cannot wait to see the episodes.

14. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Explains the brown robes... it hides the mud :p

Nice theory though, I like it ;)

15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    We might also learn solid info on that cave/dwelling on Dagobah that Yoda has Luke enter where he fought his nightmare.

16. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Ahem... ;)

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    That would be a lot to ask for with only 2 episodes divoted to Yoda's mission... but please make it so. It could help make those two episodes into the best of the entire series if it ties in a ton in mearly 2 episodes.

As big of a fan as I am of TTT retconning it being the death place of a dark jedi that Yoda killed to what was guessed by Darth Chiznuk wouldn't phase me in the least, especially if it ties into the origins of the Jedi/Sith. In fact that could be way better that what TTT gave us.

I just relistened to it on far better quality speakers and I heard the 'd' this time and not the 'h'... I think I prefered it with the 'h' though... well whatever maybe it will be one of those Star Wars names that gets pronounced a few ways. The 'd' is pretty quite but it's there...

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Trailer was great. The arcs that interest me the most are the Order 66 and Yoda ones. The Yoda one especially. I really hope it delves into Jedi ghosts and, dare I say it, the Whills.

19. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Yep and that's exactly how I said I imagined it being pronounced when you said I wasn't pronouncing it right. Just basking in my "told ya so" moment, that's all. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Rebels has a lot to live up to.

21. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    That's not the convo we had though... you mentioned your suggested pronouceation of it and I said its still not as dark and menacing as Korriban imho... which I still feel is true. Next off I switched from my moblie phones speakers to way more expensive and higher quality speakers (and into my bathroom for auctist reasons) and it sounded like it was pronounced 'Mor*i*baund' this time (nearly identical to the word its likely based on)... so you where wrong. The 'd' is there and there was no 'h' at all.

You where right that it wasn't pronounced 'band' though if its any consolation.;) Sorry I'm not trying to be rude or taking away your moment, only trying to figure out exactly how its pronounced...

22. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Actually I said it sounded better with the "a" pronounced as an "ah" sound rather than as in "band", and in the clip that's how it's pronounced. I didn't mean that the "d" wouldn't be there, so maybe that was just a misunderstanding.

Ryus likes this.
  23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    If that's the case maybe...maybe I'm just remembering wrong. [face_laugh];)

(I still think Korriban is darker sounding and this feels a needless change (unless they really want to play up the connection to the word death I suppose, atm it feels needless since we don't know why they did it and haven't seen the Yoda arc yet)... but maybe that's due to Darth Malgus in the third SWTOR trailer having such a menacing voice when he said it.)

Circular Logic and Mystery Roach like this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    ;)

Dra--- and Ryus like this.
  25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I did remember it wrong... [face_rofl] ok I admit it, you where right (we all deserve I told you so moments of relishing in it evey now and then as long as we're nice about it)

^:)^

Mystery Roach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.