main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Ultimately it's about twins"...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HugoWanKenobi, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugoWanKenobi

HugoWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2013
    TKT, Darth_Pevra, StoneRiver and 4 others like this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    As I stated in the casting thread, this would be more interesting to me if it was about Leia turning to the darkside. I can't imagine them having Luke do it. Or is this simply a reference to a new set of Skywalker twins? Or both.

Dewback, plaidphoenix and mes520 like this.
  3. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Maybe that is where the philosophical aspect comes in. They will argue from their different perspectives, each to justify the different paths they have taken. A simple plot but, as you say, very Star Wars.

4. HugoWanKenobi

Aug 3, 2013
    Call it the lack of news but actually I'm loving it, being about Luke and Leia or a new set of jedi twins. Is it fresh or what?

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, Fate of the Jedi? Wasn't that what it was called? That book series about Jacen falling to the dark side, and not Jaina. Sure, not Luke's kids, but his nephew and niece, who happen to be twins. Sounds awfully similar.

I dunno, this "reliable source" shows its credibility by stating s/he told people back in 2009 about this new Star Wars trilogy. Interesting, since everything official we've heard about it speaks of Lucas not starting the work on it until a couple of years later.
    That Lucas wouldn't be directing if there ever was to be another trilogy was hardly surprising, so I'm not too impressed by that part of the "scoop" either.

EDIT: obviously this source is not talking about Luke and Leia. "Ultimately it's about twins, and which will take a path towards darkness and which will follow in their fathers footsteps"
    Their father took a path towards darkness.

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    If it's true then why wouldn't they just adapt ( loosely ) the Legacy Of the Force ? It would be just to similar , there is no shame in saying Legacy of the Force was a good story maybe not that well executed but a good story none the less & adapting that would have saved on all the script going backwards & forwards......

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    no.... please, just no. Not every half assed rumor/blog post deserves it's own thread.

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The quote (if there's any credibility to it) is not referring to Luke and Leia.

It says "...and which will take a path towards darkness and which will follow in their fathers footsteps" meaning that the father did not take a path toward the dark side. If it were Luke and Leia then it would refer to the father as being the one who did follow the dark side.

Darth_Articulate and Dra--- like this.
  9. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    This story was called Legacy of the Force and it sucked. Enough about falling to the dark side, we saw it in the prequel trilogy and again in the original with the temptation...like...come on. Let's get something fresh here.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Right, Legacy of the Force, not Fate of the Jedi. I always get those two mixed up. Stopped reading post-RotJ EU somewhere in the middle of NJO (exception being the first Legacy comic series).
    Anyway, I call BS on this. So, so much BS. Just taking some well-known rumours and mixing it up with some imagination.

Ryus and Volderon like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I like it. Never read those books so it doesn't matter to me if something similar was done in the EU. I'm sure it would play out quite differently from what happened in those stories anyway and I'd be interested in seeing two different perspectives from Skywalker twins about their grandfather's legacy. Sounds very Star Wars to me.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I just dont care anymore. All these rumors bore me now.
    [​IMG]
    But I guess.....*sigh* well Lucasfilm and JJ probably love repeating things and going "LOOK LOOK ITS ALL GONE FULL CIRCLE AND REPETITION LIKE POETRY!! Praise us!" so I wouldn't be suprised if there are twins

14. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It's an interesting concept. The other interesting thing is they don't say which father's footsteps either. In both of their cases they have two fathers. Now more then likely they are referring to Anakin and the path he chose. But it would be interesting if it's a misdirect and they are referring to Leia possibly following in her adoptive father's footsteps.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. HugoWanKenobi

Aug 3, 2013
    This. Exactly my thoughts. I'm not really into EU and my knowledge barely consists of the Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Empire comics and a couple recent books like Darth Plageis. I'm fine if this rumor becomes the real thing.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Anything will turn out better than what transpired in those books. :p

While the idea of Luke having twins fits in with Star Wars lore, I am rather skeptical about that article. It just doesn't sit right with me.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, it does seem to regurgitate some old rumors so I'm not sure how legitimate the site is. While intrigued I still take it all with a grain of salt. We'll see how it turns out.

Dewback and Dra--- like this.
  18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Another unnamed source? Lame.

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Ugh, can someone please tell me if this source is reliable or not!? Ugh

Though I guess if official news does come out, and it's similar we'll know for next time.

20. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I could have sworn they named the source... 'the same source as our previous true source'. I know, the names a bit of a mouth full. :p

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    The way the statement is worded it is more ambiguous which twins they're talking about, as you're pointing out.

Let's look at the whole thing carefully:

It's about twins, got it. But which twins? We have Luke and Leia, or some new set of twins. "A path of darkness" doesn't necessary refer to Anakin's path; it simply refers to a path to the darkside.

Then we have the idea of "following in their fathers footsteps." Because the word "father" has no apostrophe in it, we don't know if they're talking about one father or two or more. If it said "father's footsteps" we'd know we were talking about one father. "Fathers' footsteps" would refer to two or more. So we could be talking about Anakin, Luke, Han, Bail Organa, a couple of them, or all of them. [face_dunno] If there's any solid meaning we can grasp onto here maybe it's the idea that the "fathers footsteps" are the good path to walk down, in opposition to "a path of darkness." If that's the case, then father might not be referring to Anakin, but either Luke, Han, or Bail.

To add even more ambiguity, Anakin went down a path of darkness, but he also ended up choosing the light at the end. So it could be that "a dark path" refers to Anakin becoming Vader while "fathers footsteps" is also referring to Anakin's redemption. This possibility is so confusing to me, I'm just going to ignore it arbitrarily. Although I don't see why we can logically exclude it.

So, which twins would be more interesting in this struggle over which path to follow? Leia would interest me. Because as I've said in the Vader's legacy and Leia Jedi threads, I'm not sold on her forgiving Vader/Anakin as easily as Luke did. I also have always thought she was more like Anakin than Luke. Could it be that she's become like a Sith after wielding political power for the last 30 years? That is a plot that would interest me because then you have Han, Luke, and the Sky-Solo kids having to make a decision between what's right and who they love.

Luke turning to the darkside does not interest me in the least. He's already defeated his darkness in ROTJ.

Sky-Solo twins falling to the darkside? This seems incredibly redundant to me unless the double nature of the twins relates somehow to the struggle of the light and darkside in general, or even to the prophecy and the balance of the Force.

But if it was just another general struggle with the darkside, I won't be excited.

And we also have the idea of the original cast being brought in to the forefront of the story. This could either mean that the dark path story is being put on hold to E8 or E9, or that the dark path story will now relate to Luke and Leia.

And finally, whatever happens with the original characters in E7 will lead to "ramifications" that "lead up" to the next generation. These ramifications could be the result of Luke or Leia choosing a dark path.

The whole thing is damn confusing.

Bullhead CIty and StoneRiver like this.
  22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Starwars7news just posted this...

Bolded the important parts partaining to this thread. Simply put seems this rumor is based off old data and tomorrow (not this threads definition of it) they'll go into more details... of course casting news too, but that's a topic for another thread (take that convo their, please)

Makes me wonder if this was supposed to be fridays event or this is just tidbits before it...

Dra--- likes this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Repetition and EU be damned, I like the idea of twins struggling with the Dark Side with one of them falling and having to fight and/or be redeemed by the other. In fact, this possibility has always been in the forefront of my mind when thinking of possible ST scenarios. It does make sense from a saga perspective at least.

25. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    As long as they relate it the Legacy of Vader and maybe even the Balance of the Force (Light vs Dark), I'll be openminded about it.

But I'll try to say for the last time today, another falling to the darkside plot runs a huge risk of feeling threadbare.

Trebor Sabreon and Mystery Roach like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.