main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions If Leia or Mon Mothma or Ackbar led the New Republic in the Vong War?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Noash_Retrac, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    We've all read the New Jedi Order series and saw how the New Republic under Borsk Fey'lya and Sien Sovv went during the war with the Yuuzhan Vong. A disaster that resulted in perceived incompetence on the side of the galaxy's natives.

So if Leia Organa Solo or Mon Mothma led the New Republic civilian government and Admiral Ackbar led the New Republic military in the invasion rather than Fey'lya and Sovv, how do you think the New Republic would've faired in the war against the Vong?

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't see Leia, Mothma or an ailing Ackbar getting much done with the squabbling fools they had to work with. Presumably Borsk would have been there to undermine them anyway, as he always did. Wasn't this the reason Leia quit politics?

The Vong were determined, to the death, to destroy the infidels and claim the galaxy. They were always going to do a ton of damage and hand the galaxy some heavy losses. In the end, it sure wasn't the government or even the military that persuaded the Vong to accept the possibility of peace.

So, about the same.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is a pure EU type discussion so I am going to move it there.

4. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

But if Ackbar wasn't dying, what then? Mon Mothma and Leia could've given Ackbar and the military free reign without interference from Fey'lya and their cronies?

5. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    Isn't this kind of addressed in one of the Zahn novels? I feel like it was Survivor's Quest, but the suggestion made is that Palpatine had knowledge of a threat and was organizing to stop it. When he was killed, and the autocratic Empire transitioned to the democratic, but disorganized, New Republic, it really helped the Vong out because the New Republic's system of government allowed for a fractured response. I probably have the book wrong, but I'd swear this is discussed somewhere.

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Are we talking if Mon Mothma and Ackbar were leading in NJO or in the New Republic era?

7. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    In the NJO. Replacing Fey'lya and Sovv in the novels. (This of course would mean that Mon Mothma didn't die before the Invasion was scheduled to begin and Ackbar wasn't dying from old age)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.