main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Which love interest of Obi-Wan's is your favorite?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DarthZotte, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthZotte

DarthZotte Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 21, 2014
    My third thread, but this is just becoming too much fun. What is your favorite love interest Obi-Wan had and why? Who's your least favorite and why? The options would be Siri Tachi from Secrets of the Jedi and Jedi Quest, Serasi from the Jedi Apprentice series, Duchess Satine from The Clone Wars, and Anileen Calwell from Kenobi (yes, I included her). MY favorites are Satine and Anileen. With Siri, Siri is a Jedi, so she has to follow the same principles as Obi-Wan, but with Satine, she's NOT a Jedi, so I think the relationship between a Jedi and a non-Jedi has a more tragic quality to it that I find attractive. The revelation of their relationship in TCW Season Five was heartbreaking and done extremely well. Anileen was ALSO not a Jedi, and the relationship was different because she couldn't figure Obi-Wan out because he wasn't very open with her. So, in the end, when she left Tatooine, she didn't even get to learn Obi-Wan's real name, so I think it's a bittersweet relationship.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't have one. I think it's rather unfeasible given how the Jedi are presented in the films. In my experience many favour Siri but I don't know why.

Who do you favour or not and why?

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    By far Anileen Calwell. Maybe because the story is freshest in my mind. Or maybe because I really liked her as a character. She was a hard working woman, kept up her store and little cafe/restuarant inside it. Plus she raised two kids.

Iron_lord, Revanfan1 and DarthZotte like this.
  4. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    I really favor Satine and Anileen. I should've added that in my intro post. With Siri, Siri is a Jedi, so she has to follow the same principles as Obi-Wan, but with Satine, she's NOT a Jedi, so I think the relationship between a Jedi and a non-Jedi has a more tragic quality to it that I find attractive. The revelation of their relationship in TCW Season Five was heartbreaking and done extremely well. Anileen was ALSO not a Jedi, and the relationship was different because she couldn't figure Obi-Wan out because he wasn't very open with her. So, in the end, when she left Tatooine, she didn't even get to learn Obi-Wan's real name, so I think it's a bittersweet relationship that never got the chance to really bloom because Obi-Wan was struggling to prevent it. When he sent Anileen off on the safari, I think he did that also so that Anileen can't be a distraction for him. It's a beautiful, but sad, relationship.

5. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    Anileen would be my second favorite. Satine is my first, BUT Anileen is much nicer to Obi-Wan. Her frustration towards him is only there because he's not very open with her. He prefers to keep their relationship as acquaintances, which is why he sent her off on the safari so that she can't be a distraction to him and he can do his job as watching over Luke. It's a beautiful, but sad, relationship.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    DarthZotte: Thank you for explaining. I haven't read any EU material in years and virtually nothing of the PT era. Nor do I like TCW. Please don't worry though I appreciate hearing your explanations. :)

I think Obi-Wan is definitely worthy of love but that the Jedi Code basically forbids it. That's why I view it as unlivable and pretty inhumane. The Jedi/non-Jedi thing won't make it better to me. Matter of fact it seems to guarantee problems. While I can respect a well-done tragedy, I don't like them. I also think forbidden love is a rather sad and overdone concept.

Doubleposting is usually frowned upon. Consider the edit feature. :) Don't want the Mods upset. [:D]

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    DarthZotte, watch the double posting. Use the edit feature instead to add thoughts to your previous post.

[​IMG]

8. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    Thank you. I'm not sure how editing my previous post would catch people's attention. If someone is watching a thread, will he be notified that I edited my previous post, therefor there's something new to read? Also, how is it bad to 'double post' if I'm replying to someone? I'm not trying to be a moron about it, I just want to know.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    It's read as spamming here. :)

I don't know about your question. A Mod would likely be able to tell you. I think it'd depend on each user's alert settings.

10. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    Well, thank you, I'll make sure to look into that.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    You're welcome. Well met, Sir.

DarthZotte likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Where is Asajj Ventress?!? No Obi-Wan love poll is complete without Ventress!

13. DarthZotte

Feb 21, 2014
    I honestly didn't think Ventress would count, but that would've been an interesting relationship. They made a great team in TCW against Maul and Savage.

14. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    And you forgot Astri Oddo!

Out of the list, I think I'll go with Cerasi. The Defenders of the Dead arc makes up the bulk of the Jedi Apprentice books that I own, and I really enjoyed Cerasi's character. It's too bad about what happened there, they definitely seemed close.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Those words are blasphemy. Those two are awesome. Read the original stuff with them.

16. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I also loved that arc! He was too young to really be "in love" though.

DarthZotte likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I almost forgot Astri Oddo. Loved that arc in JA. Need to read that again.

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think many give the young too little credit.

19. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Annileen would have been good for him.

DarthZotte and Runjedirun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.