main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph House of Cards (Netflix Original Series)

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jan 6, 2014.

1. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Finished it. Thought season 1 was stronger, or at least I liked it better...it seemed to have better storylines. The first half of the season was really good but then the latter half kind of slowed down (even though the stakes were being upped every episode) and only focused on a few characters.

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Just finished ep.1 of season 2 last night.

TBH though, I kinda (and by that, I mean only superficially) agree with Frank's POV regarding Zoe. She should've known better. But goddam Frank, you are one stone cold-blooded SOB. "F U" indeed.

3. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Frank doesn't mess around. It's one of the reasons I watch the show. You want him to win and lose at the same time.

ma_petite likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

The ending of the season 2 premiere when Claire leaves the room, and Frank looks right at the viewer in the mirror and says "Did you think I'd forgotten you?" is my favorite scene, so far, of the entire series. It almost made me uncomfortable, that's how well sold that scene is. Brilliant.

Edit: here it is. Tagged because he spoils something.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I'm on ep. 17 and that's the winner so far. F.U. was so obvious it was smart, which made it great.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is fun

7. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What struck me most in this show was what terrible rowing form the Underwoods have. I believe it foreshadows crippling injury.

Ender Sai and tom like this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it should have been you there, instead of meechum. you could have crossed 'three-way with power couple' off your bucket list and saved them from chronic back pain.

9. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    I sure could have beat Frank's 1:39 split. If that didn't impress my way into their bed I don't know what would

tom likes this.
  10. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, binged watched the better part of season 2 yesterday and wrapped it up late last night (because who needs to waste time with the Oscars, anyway?).

Wow. I think the only things needed at the end of that episode were the Imperial March sounding in the background and
    President Luthor letting out a good cackle prior to knocking on the desk.

That said, it's gonna be painful to wait the better part of a year for season 3. [face_frustrated]

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    By the sound of it,

Slowpokeking now has a big new base of material to draw on for his Superman/Batman fan trailers.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    For **** sake dude, do you honestly want him polluting this thread too? :p

Saintheart likes this.
  13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Heeeeyyy, I spoilered it, it's all fine. :p

14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It doesn't matter. It might be enough to draw him in and then start posting crap over at the DCCU thread. :p

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Might as well drop this here...

I would've been tickled pink if Spacey had delivered that speech in full F.U. mode. :p

Saintheart likes this.
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    3rd season trailer is up

heels1785 and DarthIntegral like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I am so excited that it is unhealthy.

welcome back, you old bastard

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    One more week..

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  20. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Well we just got a foot of snow (this is a low snow area) so school was closed and I and my sister watched the whole damn thing. Thoughts:

Episode 1:
    OMG Stamper's alive?!?!?! Yayyyyy! I genuinely thought he was dead.

Episode 4:
    lol Putin is amazing. I mean "Petrov".

Episode 9:
    loving the Frank/Meechum/Hayes love triangle.

Episode 13
    Claire, you're an idiot. Also Stamper noooooo. :-( Why are you evil now?!?!

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, I've got God's ear now

Words cannot express my love for Francis Underwood.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm not sure if was actually disappointing, or if season two was so good that just about anything would feel disappointing following it. Still enjoyable but ...

1) the season suffered from no Big challenge to Francis that was as good as Raymond Tusk. He was a perfect Frank foil, his equal in every way. This season seemed to alternate between focusing on a gaggle of foes, and emphasizing Frank as his own worst enemy. It needed to pick one and put the emphasis there.

2) not enough FU Frank. At Fema, we got it. With the DC Mayor we got it. We got flashes when Claire was threatened. But not enough.

3) The dynamic that was the marriage of Frank and Claire was fantastic in the first two seasons. It seemed as if, intentionally, they departed from that, and had nothing as good to replace it.

4) the season felt incomplete at ending. As if we watched the first half of a split blockbuster movie. It felt like watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part One.

5) I love Stamper, but there was too much focus on him and his plots. Nothing wrong with him, but I want more Frank and Claire.

6) not enough of some good supporting characters. Nowhere near enough Meachum. Seth didn't do near his potential.

All that said, I liked it, I enjoyed it.

23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I've enjoyed this season way more than the first two seasons. Much more focused, much less meandering, yet more episodic. I like that there's been a lot more attention paid to structure within an individual episode, bringing focus to the immediate conflict at hand (so far, that immediate conflict typically involves Petrov). Of course, this criticism could mean nothing. All of the episodes from the previous seasons blend together for me.

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm only through episode 1 so far, but

I found the return of Doug Stamper really jarring. Like it felt contrived.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. Rosslcopter

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't even remember what happened to him last season.