main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Good to hear the book is still on the way. I was beginning to worry! Also good to hear Luke's trouble bigtime again :D That's our farmboy!

The Force is strong in those ones ;-P

Yeah, great point MS! :D

Would sound probable. And it would put Ezra in line as New Order character - one the new generation of fans will easily recognize. Probably a smart move. Also, he might even be in the ST and could breach the timeinterval with two lines - maybe something like: "By the time I met Luke Skywalker, I had already lost all hope ever to learn to use the Force again. He taught me the ways of the Jedi and jadda, jadda" Established: a great friendship and a new epic Master-Padawan relationship.

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    kataja, thats why Im the master K ;)

As for Ezra and Luke. That would be my guess too, although they would be the same age actually. Ezra and Luke are both 14 at the start of Rebels, so perhaps he'll be one of the first Force sensitives he trains if Ezra does indeed join the Alliance. That would be cool if there is an EP 7 cameo. Im pretty excited for the show to be honest.

VanishingReality and kataja like this.
  3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    DigitalMessiah:
    I certainly agree with that! I remember that in one book, Luke even said something like this, that he knew he was a Jedi Master, but that he also knew he would continue to learn for the rest of his life. So, yes! Luke will always learn new things. I just didn't think it needed to be from Qui-gon. I guess I don't like the idea of the living learning from the dead sort of like they are deus ex machine, instead of having the living learn things by themselves, through other living beings, or through experiences.

newdawn12:
    Well that's good!

Do we really know this for sure, that the Big Three will be the leads? Or is it just a rumor at the moment? I know another thing that was guessed was a Skywalker instead of a Solo focus. Also, I've heard that the Big Three may have a more expanded presence than in Arndt's script, but still be the supporting characters to the younger ones.

I'm glad to hear that is still coming out, but I wish it were coming out sooner.

kataja:
    Hi, K! Welcome back! You've been missed!

It does indeed! Thanks for sharing that! I hadn't seen it, and I really enjoyed reading it! I agree with most of what the author says!

I do agree that this is true about a lot of people. I know that we talk about Luke all the time here in this thread. However, I do think that over the years, we have definitely been in the minority. Many, many fans do indeed focus on Han, and always have. In a way, I think it's even perhaps possible that Lucas may have changed his mind and paired Han with Leia instead of Luke with Leia after all of the positive reaction to Han Solo. :(

MasterSkywalker86:
    I agree!

And maybe Ezra will be one of Luke's first students...

kataja likes this.
  4. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I'm wondering what Luke's best climate is. I thought that he liked warm weather and hated cold since he was raised on Tattooine and had such a hard time on Hoth and nearly died. But now I'm wondering if that's just my headcanon since he chose Hoth as a base in the first place.

5. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Guessing i'd say mostly tropical climates like Yavin IV, since he spent most of his adult life there.

6. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    True, although he seem to be mostly indifferent to environments. Unless there was some attribute to the Force they possess like Zonama or Nam Chorios.

He seem to dislike Korriban and IIRC Ziost, but again due to the DS presence of the planets

7. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Well he's also spent most of his adult life having adventures on however many different planets, with completely different climates, so he should be adaptable.

I wonder what Sekot would think of Darth Caedus. (Random Thought)

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Sekot is the third Sith conspirator.

9. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

[​IMG]

10. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    VanishingReality :
    Well, Luke may have chosen Hoth because he may have figured that the Empire would have thought that no one in his/her right mind would ever choose a place like Hoth as a base of operations! ;)

I agree with Darth Jenari. I think Luke might like an environment like Yavin IV, as it's rich in plant and animal life. Yoda once told Luke that life creates the Force and makes it grow, so he might feel very much at home in that kind of environment. It's been said that Luke likes waterfalls too, (was that in NJO?) and a jungle world like Yavin would likely have them.

MasterSkywalker86,
    That's a good point, MS. I agree that Luke would likely be quite adaptable.

11. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    well i alwasy thought it was interesting how in the NJo series he held meetings in places with water fountains and natural running water.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  12. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    ChildOfWinds, that was actually DarthJenari's point on Luke being adaptable. But one I agree on.

JediMatteus, maybe water fountains signify an area of peace and tranquility ?

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  13. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I don't know about climate, but I remember in Balance Point it's said that he loves and is fascinated by all forms of water :D

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  14. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Makes sense since water was a rare commodity for him on Tatooine

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  15. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    I wonder if he hates sand... because its coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere...

VanishingReality and kataja like this.
  16. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    See Skywalker Sr. :p

17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

Pretty sure he mentioned something similar in Truce at Bakura.

Wouldn't be surprised. Just like his father, he was shown to dream about getting away from Tatooine and going out into the galaxy. Moreso he felt like he was trapped there, since his uncle would never let him leave like his friends did. And in the end, he swore to never return there, and didn't save for missions such as rescuing Han.

ChildOfWinds and kataja like this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Water is the crucial element to maintain physical life and often has healing and spiritual associations. These may factor as to why Luke is drawn to the element.

19. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    It's also a symbol of purity so there is that

20. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    well on the most basic element is that he is drawn to it, because there exists real running water that does not need to be sapped drop by drop through vaporaters. That has to be an awesome thing considering where he is from.

21. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    JediMatteus :
    Ah! Thanks for confirming for me that it was in the NJO that I thought I remembered that Luke liked water fountains, JM! I thought I remembered waterfalls, but maybe Luke enjoys both?

MasterSkywalker86:
    Oh, I'm sorry! My apologies to both of you! Glad you agree though! :)

You also could be right that maybe water fountains give Luke a sense of peace and tranquility. Because water was so scarce on Tatooine, he may also find them fascinating. Maybe he's making up for all that time when water was so precious and scarce early in his lifetime.

kataja:
    I had forgotten that it said that in BP! Interesting that I hypothesized in my post above that Luke might find water fountains fascinating. As MS said, that makes a lot of sense, since water was so scarce on his homeworld.

Cushing's Admirer:
    That's a great point, CA! I like that! I agree that this makes sense.

Iron_lord and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  22. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    So do we know anything about the role of Luke in the new Han Solo novel, or in Luke's novel coming next year?

23. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    No, I haven't heard anything about Luke in either book. It's supposed to take place during the time of the Rebellion though, right? So, we certainly aren't going to be getting Jedi Grandmaster Luke Skywalker or even Jedi Luke. :(

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We are supposed to get Fighter pilot Luke. Works for me!

kataja likes this.
  25. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Well, if he's under Wedge's command and acts sort of immaturely like in the Star Wood comic, it won't work for me!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.