main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Qui-Gon Jinn and the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, then it 'rhymes' perfectly since Obi Wan's final appearance was with a lightsaber to the gut.

2. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The reason NOT to bring Hayden back as Anakin is because it would be ridiculous for a 25 year-old Anakin to be talking to his 62 year-old son.

As far as Jinn goes, it wouldn't make sense to include him as a ghost because he can't manifest as a ghost per GL. In the Making of RotS book GL said the reason we only hear Jinn is because he isn't as accomplished as Kenobi or Yoda are when they use the trick.

Which ties into what we saw (or didn't see) in the PT and the new Clone Wars episodes where Jinn is only a voice and tells Yoda that he can "complete what I could not." I bet it means ghosting.

3. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Clearly it didn't... given he was the one to discover how a Jedi retains identity after death.

4. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    "I used to be on the Jedi Council like you, but then I took a Lightsaber to the gut..."

Lord Chazza, Rawne, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Liam Neeson is a huge geek it seems, so more Qui Gon in SW would be heavenly.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    In a spinoff I agree. In the ST, no way.

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Actually, his story ended with his corpse being roasted like a bag of marshmallows.

8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

So he discovered life after death for a Jedi. Clearly, by the time the OT came around, Ben and Yoda and Anakin had also discovered it by then. That secret is already out. No need to delve into it now.

Yanksfan and Dra--- like this.
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    This isn't really a conversation about what should or will happen... it's speculative... it's about what COULD happen. If they want to bring back Qui-Gon/Liam Neeson, I think they can do it quite easily. At this stage I'd say it's a certainty that Yoda will return, but other than Yoda I think Qui-Gon would be the least jarring (given the possible continuity problems of bringing back Obi-Wan or Anakin).

Episode Swag and Dra--- like this.
  10. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Assuming the latest rumour of a twin turning to evil is true, how about this for a scenario:

[Luke, distraught, is sitting alone some place, contemplating what to do.]
    QUI-GON [appears]: I, too, had a pupil who turned to evil. You learned compassion and saved your father. That is the key, the key to all, the key to the Force and to redemption.
    [They converse.]

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    don't know if i can put this here but qui-gon's story will be resolved. SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING CLONE WARS EP.....

qui- gon, dagobah and becoming one with the force will be addressed in the new lost missions episodes.

i've never been a huge fan of the show but this looks great. these new and all the old eps will be available on netflix march 7th.

12. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks for that. I have never watched the show (going to see the Clone Wars film soon).

13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think it's good to start with the film, but don't let it influence your opinion of the show too much. It gets a lot better than that.

Cevan, Darth PJ, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yeah i'm so glad they're coming to netflix so i can finally watch them all in order.

15. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks. I know it has a bad reputation. I am going to just try to watch it with an open-mind, albeit with the knowledge it is aimed at kids. I wll probably watch it this coming weekend.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How to find the Whills?

Sarge likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is that even part of the canon anymore?

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's in the movie

19. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    There's only so many characters you can fit into a movie, perhaps an appearance in a spin off would be good.

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'm assuming you're talking about the Whills here. They weren't in any of the 6 movies.

21. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I could see him being mentioned in passing and even appear in the movie, but I think it brings up a lot of questions about why he wouldn't have appeared previously during the time of the OT.

22. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    I was thinking more of Episode 9, as I said to bookend the series. I agree about not waniting too many characters crammed in, though.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  23. blythe

blythe Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2014
    Also hoping that Liam Nesson would reprise his rule in the ST as QQJ,Personally he could be used to add depth to the concept of the force. Explaining the difference in the Unifying Force & The Living Force as Luke sets up shop. As one is about the potential future for example force visions helping tie in the next sequel movies or living in the moment like QQJ.

But also a standalone would be great

purplerain likes this.
  24. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I'd like to see, at some point, a central point for a jedi to go to find solace or to speak with the "elders of the past" for guidance. A location they could go to speak with force ghosts that could help guide them, such as Dagobah being a location for extreme mental attuning. It would allow prior Force Ghosts to show up.

25. blythe

blythe Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2014

like a mortis style setting ? but without the Celestials

TheManFromMortis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.