main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well, he is scruffy looking. :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Nerf herds

Mystery Roach likes this.
  4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I have said it in various threads before, listen closely to the voice over mentioning Moriband, it is clearly two dialogues cut together. One via intercom, the other not. I remember sitting in the cinema during the premiere of ROTS and waited for the infamous: "Lord Vader....RIIIIISSSSEE!" line and it never came exactly as in the trailer, it was cobbled together from two seperate scenes. The same seems to be the case here and it could be that Moriband is not the ancient homeworld of the Sith, but simply another stop during Yoda's planethopping...

6. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Maybe... but the dialog also seems to becoming from those 4 women each looking the same but with different emotions (the whills?). If this is the case them completing each others words and sentenaces might explain the dialog cut as you so discribe it while not having it be two seperate words cut together but just the voice actress saying the same dialog in 4 different emotive states and then having her voice acting of 4 roles cut into 1 to represent all 4 sharing thoughts and finishing each others thoughts.

Mystery Roach and Circular Logic like this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Are we now imagining that Moriband isn't the homeworld of the Sith? I've read the german article (in german). Give it a rest. Korriban doesn't exist anymore.

Mystery Roach, T-R- and Granger like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Not if they don't know where it is. It's just my own speculation right now of course but my assumption is if Dagobah is the original homeworld of the Jedi then it has been lost for centuries until Yoda rediscovers it in TCW and so unless he goes and tells Palpatine about it (and why would he?) then the Sith wouldn't know about it. Perfect hiding spot.

9. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Wonder what this means about 'Sith Purebloods'? Their homeworld is now non-canon. :-B

I hate SWTOR and the Sith Purebloods useage in it, but I rather enjoyed them in other series... oh well...

10. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Ryus and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Technically, "Sith purebloods" was EU, so that may not survive. There is no movie indication that there was a race called Sith. Only that there was an order of DS users.

Ryus and TheBBP like this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    No idea. They might not even exist anymore. Personally I'm glad as I never liked the idea of a Sith race. I'm more the "Sith is a religion" kind of person, if you get my drift.

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    So I guess a lot of novels and comics have it wrong now.

And I guess doing it this way is probably better than making one announcement saying that the EU is being wiped out or whatever. It lets the people who would be the most upset about it slowly come to accept it.

And I'm thinking, what's an apt Star Wars quote for this (because it seems like there's one for everything in life)? Probably "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is... Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

Big Bad Yoda Daddy likes this.
  14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Always in motion, the future is.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm honestly kind of surprised at the amount of handwringing a minor planet name change (to me, "minor" because it's not in the movies) is causing. Not saying it doesn't matter, or that I understand why they changed it... just that it seems to be blowing things out of proportion IMO.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Claire like this.
  16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Star Wars fans as a whole are some of the most fickle fans in the entire Geekdom.

Beezer likes this.
  17. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Ok everyone it's time to burn our books and light the biggest fire the North has ever seen!

Seriously...we all knew this was gonna happen. There will be no Jacen, Jaina, it will be JoBlow Solo and JayWow Solo now. We all still have our books, JJ isn't going to sneak into our rooms at night like Sully and Mike. And if you really still feel this way when the movies come out, don't buy another Star Wars book again. Trust me, there is quality sci-fi outside SW.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    There will be plenty of new Star Wars books that will go with the canon.

19. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I am one of those who is getting used to the New Order of the post-RotJ EU, and mourning the passing of the old EU I knew since 2005--which in itself was likely different from those who began immersing themselves in the EU much earlier than 2005. Of course I would really love to know just exactly what this "New Order" will be, but I suppose that will have to wait until 2015 (at least).

I am very happy that we are getting a sequel trilogy, it is something I have wanted to happen since I was a kid. The only qualm I might have is that for someone who holds what is and is not canon so strictly in their mind to be so laissez faire with regard to elements of their creation being expanded beyond the films is odd to me. IMM, I would have set out from the start, or at least dictated along the way, what the novels, comics, cartoons, video games, and whatever other media did in expanding my universe, rather than let it go hog wild for decades (taking on a life of its own) just to change my mind on a whim and erase it all. I'll roll with the punches, and be grateful for the ST, but it is a valid question to ask: WTF GL? I mean, Thank You, but WTF?

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It'd be perfectly fine if the future EU novels were set in an alternate universe.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. Might take a long time but all it takes is one step followed by another, followed by another followed by another.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Seriously? People are still upset over an EU name change? Really?

How about all of the changes made to the movies themselves? Those are far worse than changing a name in the EU.

23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    You hold your tongue! The Sarlacc Squeaking Beak-Thing is a TREASURE!

TKT and T-R- like this.
  24. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    So can we all finally agree that the death of Korriban represents the decanonization of ALL previous EU and not just post-ROTJ, as I've been saying for ages?

25. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Until there's not and it is once again thrown aside and retconned. :p. It's the risk you take with comics as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.