main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "There's More Than One King" - The MonsterVerse [Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Eeth-my-Koth, Jul 17, 2013.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    By the pubes of Aphrodite I hope you're right.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You just took a huge and creepy poop all over my wish.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    By the thunder of Poseiden's underwater farts I do apologize.

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I wonder if the film is kinda going with this film being a kinda/sorta sequel to the 1954 film. Which would make it part of the Millenium series.

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    By the explosive diahreah of Jesus Christ, I forgive you.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, Serizawa's device killed the original Godzilla dead. The one from the rest of the Showa movies first shows up in Raids Again, with just a handwave of being "another result of nuclear testing." That one gets trapped in ice at the end of the film, which he escapes from for vs King Kong, and the rest is academic.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Hope Godzilla's march theme is in the film.

VadersLaMent and GenAntilles like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Hard to tell from the trailer if this is Godzilla vs others like in most of the previous movies or Godzilla & other monsters vs Humanity

10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Both probably. Probably begins with Humans vs Godzilla. Then changes to Godzilla vs Monsters. Then changes to Humans and Godzilla vs Monsters.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That seems an awful lot to feature in one movie.
    The old formula worked well, and movies like Terminator ran with it because it works well (title character is a villain in the first movie, then a hero fighting other baddies in the next few movies). This movie does look good, but overdoing the monsters could potentially be a problem for it.

12. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Have you ever seen a Godzilla movie before? In a lot of them that's the usual set up. Godzilla attacks humans. Monster attacks Godzilla. Godzilla comes back at the end to beat the monster.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I saw the original Godzilla (which was just Godzilla destroying everything by itself) and I'm aware of the movies featuring the likes of Mothra & Rodan & Mechagodzilla although I've not seen them in entirety.

14. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Yeah, it all depends. Even look at movies like the original King Kong (and it's follow-on remakes) Kong battled multiple creatures on Skull Island, including the Tyrannosaurus Rex. Of course, these battles established that Kong was the most powerful creature on the island. Kong then battled the humans at the end.

Someone else might have posted it here, but the producers seemed to have gone through a lot of trouble for whatever fight scenes are going to be in the movie. I remember reading that there was a team which digitized footage of how actual animals fight in the wild. The main animal was a grizzly bear, to give Godzilla bulk, which they mixed with other animals to create an algorithm unique to Godzilla. As for the other creatures, the Godzilla movie news released that pre-orders for the toys included a category of figures which are called "Mutos" and include flying creatures, and creatures which have multiple limbs. Although there aren't pictures of what they specifically look like. I don't know for sure, but the name could signify 2 things:

1)The creatures are going to be more like from the King Kong movies, and just happen to be other creatures that Godzilla fights on the atomic island, establishing Godzilla's power.
    2)Maybe "mutos" are creatures intentionally created to fight Godzilla and they get out of hand, so Godzilla protects humans from the creatures they created in the first place?

it will be interesting to see.

At any rate, back at Comic-con, Gareth Edwards, the director, indicated that in his mind, any sequel will include the "Monster Island" concept first developed by Toho for the earlier Godzilla films. So at least in the conceptual phase, there are ideas for further monsters in the rebooted Godzilla canon.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    By the Cheese of the JCC's Pizza, I thank you.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What's the running time going to be for this movie?

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    132 minutes.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    That was the running time of Battleship. Obviously, this movie is going to fail.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This was inevitable.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    These guys saw 20 minutes of Godzilla

Apparently they thought it was awesome. I'll quote the most non-spoiler portion.

So what does this footage suggest about the film we’ll all be watching in May? Well, unless Warner Brothers were very selective about what they showed, it’s shaping up very well. If you have always wanted a serious Godzilla disaster movie that is awesome in many senses of the word, Gareth Edwards is on track to deliver just that.
    But he isn’t doing ‘just’ that. He’s also building on the groundwork he put in place with Monsters. While, of course, this is a massive blockbuster movie and thus needs lots of action-focused destruction, it’s also the story of a family faced with disaster.
    It’s hard to say exactly how much of the final film will land on the action side and how much on the character driven side, but judging by the deeply personal story he was able to tell in his previous movie about massive monsters, it would seem Godzilla is in good hands with Edwards.
    What I saw today had great actors doing ‘real’ acting, taking the source material seriously and connecting to a relevant theme while still providing more than enough wanton destruction to keep everyone happy. It is too early to call it, but Edward’s first foray into Hollywood looks as if it might be one to remember.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Some claim the flying creature is Rodan. The muto's just a form of smaller spider like monster that Godzilla has faced before.

23. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    So I wasn't thinking about watching this movie until yesterday when I finally saw the trailer. Cool.

24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Man he's gotten fat. See, that's what 10 years off, sitting around doing nothing does to you.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  25. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    He has a tiny head in that 2014 picture