main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Zeb

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Katarn's Beard

Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2014
    Besides the cliche "gruff British man" voice I'm liking him. That electrostaff is cool.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not sold on a character sold on the gimmick of loving to beat up on storm troopers but Zeb looks cool. Big brother of the team huh? I was thinking he'd probably end up playing more the father figure on the group.

3. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    Zeb looks like he will be one of my favorites.

4. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Zeb seems like the most interesting of the characters introduced so far. Steve Blum as the VA is a nice touch. Something about Zeb just seems more unique and lively than Kanan and Ezra (not that I have anything against them).

Darth_Pevra and Embomania like this.
  5. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    His animation, or what little that was actually good, we saw of him looks pretty awesome. I'm hoping this show will start right where TCW stopped in terms of animation quality.

EternalHero likes this.
  6. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I agree that the two species are very similar, but in the very beginning of Zeb's video Dave says that he's "A whole new species", and the Kaleesh already made an appearance in the clone wars via statues in "Lair of Grievous". http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131217041720/starwars/images/8/8a/Capture.png

7. red5_standingby

red5_standingby Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014

I think Steve sounds great in this role. I noticed that in the intro to the video, Zeb's voice has some sort of filter on his voice that sounds great, very alien and within the GFFA. I hope they keep that in the show!

EternalHero likes this.
  8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I hear the voice and think "Wolverine." Still, Zeb has me most excited of the characters revealed thus far. I was actually expecting someone more like Chewie in not speaking basic and being treated more like a character's crony rather than having a life of his own. I was pleased the moment it was revealed he would speak fluently in the same language as everyone else, and that they didn't peg him in a dimwitted troll kind of personality.

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Wolverine doesn't sound Australian. He's Canadian.

Zeb is also intellectual.

The voice actor also said there's a lot he can't reveal yet about Zeb. Very intriguing.

10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    At the very beginning of his intro video, he says, "My name is Zeb you ____rat!" What is he saying? It sounds like nawf-rat or naf-rat or gnaf-rat. Any idea what he's saying? What species is he refering to? Is it a new one?

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Is it nerf-rat?

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't know. I figured it was something from the EU that I've never heard of...

13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    It could be womp-rat. Like "I used to target womp-rats in my T-16." But maybe not.

Edit: I rewatched it. Definitely not womp-rat. Probably an animal from Zeb's homeworld.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I think I like this guy the best. Can't wait to seeing him attack stormtroopers.

Contessa and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Steve Blum does a good London accent. I'm from London, and SB has pretty much nailed it. When an American does an English accent, they usually go with the BBC broadcast generic style, when they go for a regional dialect like Cockney it gets a little tougher - take Don Cheadle in Oceans Eleven, his Cockney accent was awful. Hats off to SB.

Sir Chem likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We haven't heard much about Zeb since his intro video.

I was glad to hear more about Hera but hoping for more info about Zeb soon.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    We did learn something new about Zeb which made me happy, though.

After Filoni said Orrelios was a "new" species, I was a bit let down; Zeb's similarities with the Lasat species were too apparent to ignore.

Well, happy day -- the latest SW: Insider confirmed Zeb as a Lasat.

Cevan, Contessa and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    ....is Insider correct?

Or is Zeb a Dathomirian-Lasat?

19. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I hope his gruff way of talking is because he only has a vernacular grasp of Basic, and when he speaks in the his own language the subtitles will read like he's a Victorian era gentleman.

20. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    This would be the coolest thing ever. They did say he was sophisticated!

21. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Zeb looks like he's going to be awesome. He's definitely the character I'm looking forward to the most. Very cool design too.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That's a wonderful idea, and now I'll be disappointed if it doesn't come to pass.

;) Well played.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not counting on subtitles, I'm guessing we'll have a repeat of TCW, where all the characters seemed to speak Basic.

But my God do I want to see the Hutts show up in Rebels, but I in NO way want them all to speak Basic.

24. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    They could use a translator droid if they're worried about slow readers. That would make everyone happy, I think. Besides, I doubt everyone knows Huttese.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I have heard that Weisman has a tradition of (subtitled?) non-English languages on his shows.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.