main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Interrogation Room -- 7SA Member Interview Thread -- Current: EHT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The Hellhammer, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, it wasn't circular in nature.

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Nor was it naturally circled.

T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Great stuff, Chiz. Especially liked the following:

Would love Noble in SW. Especially as Plagueis.

This would be a fun twist. Nice idea!

Want.

Agree 100%. Maybe we'll have something that connects to this tension in the ST.

Han Solo is not always a great role model.

4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Great thread; fun interview.

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Darth Chiznuk - I think you are finally ready for the trials.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great interview!! =D=
    Chiznuk - I really liked your idea for the series! I'd love to see that!

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Another great interview, can't wait for the next one! Great job guys!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing! :)

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012

10. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    And it won't be.

[​IMG]

T-R-, Circular Logic, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't like needles!

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    They're pointy and they get everywhere

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But not here. Here, everything is sterile and clean.

KED12345, EHT, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, we do our best to scrub the blood and guts away before the next broadcast.

A tooth or two ocassionally get stuck in the ceiling ventilation shafts (don't ask) but we're working on that.

EHT and Dra--- like this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Will there be room in future Q and A's for public questions?

Immortiss likes this.
  16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    In fact, that is a quite good idea.
    I'll give it some thought on how to implement it.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I do like where this is going so far!

TheBBP and The Hellhammer like this.
  18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Is this the place you're referring to?

http://www.thegreatescapeonline.com/about.php

I'm assuming you frequented one of the Tennessee locations? I grew up in Louisville, KY, and went there all the time as a youngster. Absolutely the best comics shop I've ever been to. I miss it deeply (I'm sure it's still there, but I am not! ).

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Yep that would be it. It was the Madison location that we always went to. It's still open and I now take my own kids there quite often. It's fantastic store!

Buddha Fett likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just use the form we gave you if you need to request more cleaning supplies.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Water boarding is overrated as well. Go medieval.

22. Master_Sword

Master_Sword Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2003
    This is a rather entertaining idea :p Keep the interviews a-coming!

23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It's another exciting week here at our Imperial Spoiler Surveillance station. While we did not manage to capture any actual spoilers, our forward scout ships did come across a rather nice looking luxury yacht (it's name is, apparently, pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove) which they promptly blasted into dust. But not before uhm...inviting another willing guest for our Interview Thread. After a bit of persuasion, he seemed quite cooperative.

[​IMG]
    Pictured above: Persuasion.

This week, our guest is Dra--- ! Thanks for taking the time to fill out our friendly questionnaire. A very nice read, hope you folks enjoy it.

1. How did you first come across the Jedi Council forums?

I was a lurker back in the PT days. The minute I heard about the ST, I leaped onto the boards.

2. What is your fondest Star Wars related memory?

Seeing big moments onscreen like Vader's big revelation to Luke or that Lando had snuck in to Jabba's to rescue Han. The audience applauded when we saw Lando.

3. What is your favorite Star Wars possesion? (toy, poster, costume, books, comics, various merchandise, etc.)

The movies. I'd love to own TCW DVDs and upcoming Rebels series. I would love to start collecting the comics again too, but time is an issue. I used to have all the post-ROTJ books all the way up to about halfway through the NJO, but then I just didn't have room for them anymore and decided to donate them to a group home I worked at. The boys there were huge Star Wars fans and talking to them about the light and darkside was one of the few ways I could capture their attention about good decision making. Although some of them loved the idea of becoming Sith a bit too much -- you wouldn't believe the superhuman strength they displayed when angry. ;)

4. So. A Sequel Trilogy, who would’ve thought. Before the announcement, did you actually expect this to ever happen?

Nope. I thought Lucas was too annoyed at the response to the PT to let Star Wars continue on beyond the EU and maybe some TV stuff. And who can blame him? Still, I'm thrilled he had a change of heart.

5. What was your initial reaction to the news of the Disney sale and the upcoming Sequel Trilogy?

Joy. I immediately started posting about it on Facebook, and joined up on TFN soon afterward. I always wanted to see what happened to Luke and company post-ROTJ. I think Disney is a perfect home for the GFFA. I want to get blasted in a Star Wars cantina! I want Corellian scotch!

6. Were you around for the PT speculation? If so, what’s your favorite moment from that period?

Yep. I don't know if I can name one moment, but reading the plot details as they came together for ROTS was fun. I also enjoyed reading all the weird stuff on Supershadow -- crazy and hilarious.

7. Just how spoiled do you plan to be for Episode 7?

Spoiled rotten. I've never minded being spoiled, but now that I'm coming at films from a writing and editing background, I find it even more enjoyable to hear bits and pieces of info come out so I can try to use what I've learned about narrative to put them together. I tend to enjoy how stories are constructed just as much as the story being told. Even when I watch movies knowing zero going in, I'm usually able to figure out the entire plot in the first 10 minutes or so. So for me being spoiled isn't really an issue.

8. What is your favorite theory concerning Episode 7 from these boards?

Tough question. There are so many good ones. Recently there was an interesting one about Palpatine wanting to be blown up in the DS2 so he could attain ultimate power. That would be fun. And it would drive people crazy, which I would also enjoy. But I also like the recent rumor that Luke's wife will be a mix between Lumiya and Mara Jade, and more evil as a result. I would love that because it would fit my own plot ideas for a Lady Vader type, which many have told me is similar to Lumiya.

9. And the least favorite?

Thrawn without a doubt. He bored me in the books and he'd bore me onscreen. Still, if he was the villain, I would hope for the best. What else can we do? When it comes to SW, I'm an eternal optimist.

10. Describe your ideal Villain in the ST and who would you cast to play him?

I want someone who is connected to the PT or Skywalker family in some way. I tend to like mad scientists and Force experiments gone wrong, so maybe if Plagueis created some Force abomination which necessitated the Force creating Anakin. Or perhaps Vader was forced by the Emperor to make (or create) a child with someone? Some sort of peeved off offspring would work really well for me. Casting? Gary Oldman.

I'd also like to see the Sith Purebloods return to seek some vengeance on the Republic and PT Jedi. Cast the entire cast of the Sons of Anarchy? ;)

Lately the idea of the Rakata or some cannibalistic alien species has seemed cool -- Jedi being used to power their technology.

11. And the Hero?

Ideally I'd like to see a pacifist son of Luke and an action heroine daughter of Leia. For the daughter I would cast Ksenia Solo and for the son Dane DeHaan...which means the pacifist son might grow dangerous at some point.

12. Every Star Wars movie needs awesome supporting characters. Any ideas for those?

Some people are afraid of going CGI on an alien sidekick again, but I say go for it. Something really weird we've never seen before -- maybe a shapeshifter? Then we'd have a chance to see a ton of new and old aliens. Or I'd like to see an alien that just really looks like this Lovecraftian demon out of the Cosmic abyss, but they have this heart of gold. :)

13. Any special cameos or easter eggs you’d like to see in Episode 7?

Yeah, maybe Walter from Fringe somehow ends up sending himself through time and space to Corellia and we see him walking around lost looking for Peter, Olivia, and Astrid. Or maybe ends up on Korriban/Moriband...

14. Nice that you've mentioned Corellia. It really would be interesting to finally see Han's homeworld. Any other planets or types of planets you'd like to see? Not necessarily existing ones, of course.

Whether they call it Korriban or Moriband, I've always wanted to see a Sith or darkside planet. I agree with other posters that it should look like an evil version of Egypt with all its enigmatic pyramids and obelisks. Maybe we'll get a labyrinth of darkness with some sort of monster at its center?

15. This one’s a bit tougher than it seems at first glance. We don’t have any facts so let’s just go by gut feeling. How good do you think Episode 7 will be? Are you optimistic? Pessimistic? Reserved? Will it be great? Abominable? Average?

I'm very optimistic. We saw what worked in the OT, PT, and TCW, and what didn't. At this point, I think it's more about creating the most entertaining story possible rather than doing something experimental (not that visual experimentation won't be part of it) or auteurish. We'll be returning to a more adventurous feel and the story is wide open. I don't see any reason it won't be great. I also like the more collaborative approach we're seeing on the ST and spin off films, and I love JJ's work on Lost and Fringe, so color me (what?) a true believer.

16. Would you then like to see Abrams direct Episodes VIII and IX as well or would you like some other directors to take over?

I could go either way on this one. I'm a big JJ fan, but I love plenty of other directors too. One of the things I liked about the OT was that we had a different director on each film. I like that idea that SW is universally recognizable but that different artists can have unique takes on it, whether subtle or wildly eccentric. Then again, wildly eccentric doesn't make a lick of sense for a trilogy. I'm about to commit a blasphemy here and admit that I think a good screenplay is just as important as a competent director -- in fact, more important.

17. Is there a particular, weirdly specific scene that you’ve come up with in great detail that you’d love to see in the ST, regardless of how plausible that is?

Immortiss recently mentioned the possibility of Luke returning in the flesh, of being the first Jedi to do so, and I can't help but want to see that. It would be perfect if he returned right when the heroes were at their lowest point and suddenly we see that he truly is the greatest Jedi and saves the day. The feeling the scene should evoke is joy and awe. Maybe Luke walks out of the light of a setting blood-colored sun, as if from the sun itself. We have a moment of silence as his silhouette grows clearer and we see its him. Then the music swells and the characters rejoice, but only for a moment and then Luke joins the battle.

I also want to see Ksenia Solo as Han's daughter, telling him off in a way that reminds us of OT Han. I see him as having grown uber responsible over time, after becoming a parent and respected member of the Republic military. I can see Chewie siding with Ksenia as they both mock Han's conservatism.

And then a Plagueis scene, if we get him. I imagine him using his power over the midichlorians to kill people with disease. I see Plagueis in his secret mad scientist lair. Luke confronts him and Plagueis's attack fills Luke's face with boils and cancers. Argh, terrible!

18. If Luke were to return in flesh from the dead, then what do you think his ultimate fate would be? Immortality? Phasing in and out of physical existence? Forever teaching new generations of Jedi?

That's the big question. I think it would have to be invulnerable immortality (immortality means you can live forever, but invulnerability means you can't be killed either). Having reached that level, presumably, nothing could kill him. But if you wanted more movies, you'd have to get rid of him, have him go out on his own and take on bigger challenges, so the new heroes weren't always overshadowed. Or you just end the Saga with the idea that this development means the Jedi will never fall again. That's a happy ending, imo.

19. Congratulations. You’ve been contacted by The Powers That Be to create a ten episode Star Wars series. Live action, animated, CGI… it’s up to you. Give us a short synopsis.

Tough question.

Maybe something that tracked the early days of the proto Jedi, which showed their discovery of the Force and how they became Knights. We could see ideological debates as they tried to form their identity. Maybe as they form we see a Jedi schism and the beginning of the Sith.

20. Episodes X, XI and XII - yea or nay? Why?

I'm one of the eccentrics on the boards that wouldn't mind seeing them continue on if the ST succeeds. I love the idea of an endless Saga, watching the Skywalker clan evolve and change over hundreds of years.

21. Let’s talk about the Saga in general a bit. A classic question - favorite movie?

ESB will probably always be my favorite. I just love everything about it -- the way we open in the snow and feel that friendship between Han, Luke, and Leia growing and becoming like family. Vader on the war path and our introduction to Yoda. And the amazing Han-Leia scene at the end and all the surprises.

I also love the TCW and have a soft spot for AOTC. People should love the title of AOTC more; it's great.

22. Which scene from the Saga did have the strongest emotional impact on you?

There are so many it's hard to name just one. I like how Han is always putting is life in danger for Luke. But I also love how Luke is willing to die to bring his father back.

23. If there was one thing you could change about anything in the Saga - what would it be?

The romantic dialogue in AOTC. I watched it again recently and I think the movie is very underrated (I like it better than TPM and ROTJ). But the thing that always pulls me out of it is that terrible dialogue and how unsuccessful Hayden and Natalie are at pulling it off. Particularly that fireside scene. Even if the hokiness was intentional, the hokiness failed.

24. What was your least appropriate use of a Star Wars quote in real life?

You can't call women "your highness" or "princess" in a sarcastic way unless you know them really well. Han probably wasn't the best role model.

25. If you lived in GFFA, what would be your ideal occupation?

Sith Lord.

26. And what would your Sith name be?

Darth Furze.

27. What kind of apprentice would you have, ideally?

One powerful enough to defeat me face to face. One I wouldn't mind calling master. They would also have to make a killer burrito.

28. Follow one of the existing Sith doctrines, like the Rule of Two, or reform the Sith Order with your own philosophy?

I like Plagueis's idea that the Rule of Two was only to serve the purpose of defeating the Jedi. After they're gone, the rule is done and the Sith Darwinian ideology goes into full force (heh). Only the strong rule. Cull the weak. The whole Empire becomes a reflection of this noble (in the Nietzschen sense) principle of strength. I actually think Palpatine was doing this during his reign. The Imperials are just the material embodiment of Sith ideology, which is all about dominance. In other words, the Galactic Empire becomes a Sith Empire. A whole hierarchy of different kinds of Sith. Masters, apprentices, inquisitors, adepts, assassins, warriors, chefs...

29. Favorite Force ability?

The Death Stare. Something I created and A Chorus of Disapproval named. In one of my plot synopses, the leader of a horde of Purebloods gets them all into a trance and he/she focuses their power through them in order to choke a Republic leader from an incredible distance.

30. Let’s move away from Star Wars for a bit. Have any hobbies or interesting pastimes?

Writing, reading, movie watching. I just saw Frankenstein's Army. It's great fun and gross.

Horror movies (Dario Argento) and David Lynch are my favorite, but I dig almost any genre (SF, noir), including foreign film and the avant garde. For writers I keep going back to Brian Evenson and Stacey Levine.

31. Any other favorite franchises, besides Star Wars?

I grew up addicted to Marvel comics, so I enjoy keeping up with them. I wish the X franchise was not owned by Fox.

The last Wolverine film wasn't too bad, but was still plagued by a couple of silly CGI moments. I wish someone would do a nice version of my favorite Havok and Wolverine Meltdown series. Such amazing art in that!

32. We’ve barely stepped into the year 2014. Any specific goals you hope to achieve in the next 11 months?

Looking to land either a full-time professor gig somewhere or be accepted into a PhD program. Hopefully at least one happens, and if not, there's always next year.

-----------------

That's all for this week, folks! Thanks again for reading.
    Thank you Dra--- for great answers and for participating. Our VIP Squad will escort you to the... uhm... pleasure yacht... pronounced... "that dark hallway over there"...

[​IMG]

24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yes please!

Well done again Hellhammer. Great responses Dra.

Immortiss, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Awesome! I want to see this happen in a big way. I wasn't a fan of Ksenia, but I'm sold on her part. Do you think she'll do it?

Great inverview Dra--- and The Hellhammer. Once again a bright spot on the forums.

On, thanks for the shout out, Dra---:cool:

StoneRiver, Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.