main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I now possess two beta keys to TESO if anyone is interested. The beta weekend starts noon eastern on Friday and ends at midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning eastern.

3. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    No, I enjoyed them, but thought it was a touch long. Three books was unnecessary, and yeah, I just wanted to get to Zonama Sekot.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've caught it a couple times, Todd. Sadly most of the time it's pure inanity and I don't have my time to waste watching for hours hoping something cool would happen.

I did manage to watch when they finally best Giovanni at Rocket HQ and then used dig before grabbing the Silph Scope. That moment apparently caused PG to die of laughter. I'm just happy I was able to catch at least one of the famous screw-ups.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    My sightings of the Third Fleet continued yesterday and this morning. The USS Milius and an additional Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that I missed the hull number on came by, as well as an Oliver Harzard Perry-class frigate that I missed the name on as well. The coolest thing I saw/heard yesterday was a group of Osprey tilt roter aircraft zooming overhead. I also saw the USNS Rainer, a fast transport. All in all, San Diego wasn't half bad!

This admiral was very happy to conduct a fleet review from the shore. If only they sent over a launch and invited me onboard... :p

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    One time in San Diego, we took a speedboat pretty close to a Nimitz-class -- wasn't sure which one. By pretty close I mean pretty far because they sent a boat at us yelling to keep our distance. But it still looked pretty huge.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Seeing a pair of Nimitz-class carriers from a distance of less than half a mile is still incredibly impressive. THOSE are capital ships. :D

--Adm. Nick

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, battleships are capital ships. Flattops are just big parking lots!

Call me old school.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Wow. The last six hours went quickly. A long time ago I started a game of CKII as a low count who went into the crusading Finland business when it was still in fashion, and the thing kept escalating...

[​IMG]

To be fair I used the reload button a lot, I wanted to see how far I could get now when I now the game. Pretty far I'd say. And the Byzantine Empire and England are not in my control but a member of the family. Good old "Kill the foreign ruler's spouse and kids, kill your kid's spouse if they have any, have a happy wedding day, when their kids are old enough kill the ruler" routine.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Looks like you went and blue Europe.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Do you have someone who writes you these?

And I have red my guides.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I have a sixth sense: humor.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Kharkanas Trilogy: Book 2: Fall of Light blurb / info:

Agh! Due February 2015! :_|

[​IMG]

14. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    What I'm looking forward to the most is the Silchas Ruin/Scara Bandaris dynamic. Old Scabbie was probably the most pleasantly surprising part of Forge of Darkness, and a new dimension was definitely added to the prologue of Midnight Tides.

At least, unlike Martin, we can A) expect that Erikson will actually keep to this timetable and B) he's working on other stuff that should be out this year.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Internet's down at home all night. First world problems. :(

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

edit: nevermind, victory is mine.

16. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Speaking of Pokemon. Bulbasaur anyone?
    (cosplayed by Jessica Nigri)
    [​IMG]

17. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    You mean Blastoise. [face_plain]

18. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    so my current obsession is The Secret World which it turns out is really a pretty amazing game. Like, I never saw myself getting into an MMO but I am totally digging this one. Anyone here play it? Or heard of it? It doesn't seem to be talked about all that much compared to other MMOs...

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I've thought about it. But I will probably wait for it to go on a steam sale or something.

20. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    That's the one with Marxist-Leninist gnomes who look like Dobby, right?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk 2

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've no idea.

Sent from my Whatsythingiehoozit using Tapatalk 421

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It seems like it is the horror themed MMO I dreamed about a decade ago when I was into Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It takes a lot for me to play an MMO. I still hate myself for playing TOR (hilarious fat Sith aside) and I'm still hoping I don't regret ESO. It'll be my fourth or fifth mmo ever and that's enough for one lifetime :p

Speaking of lifetimes, I just finally caught up with a series I promised somebody four years ago that I'd read. The Percy Jackson books and their follow ups. They're intended for kids and young adults but they get surprisingly good -- and I can tolerate them better than things like Potter because they at least teach history and mythology. I quite enjoyed them actually.

See LI? I do read things eventually! I'll finish your recommended book thing at some point too.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    yeah, it goes on a sale for $15 pretty regularly, that's how much I paid for it. I was kind of hesitant too since, like I said, I don't generally like MMOs. So worth it though.

yep.

Uli! You got a smartphone congratulations!!! =D

from what I have heard ESO sounds terrible and you will regret it so you should def play TSW instead. :)

25. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Would that be the sci-fi series? If so, I didn't realize that was due so soon. It sounds incredibly interesting.

I'm personally hoping that Andarist gets some screen time in the Kharkhanas Trilogy. I loved what little we saw of him. Of course, it helps that he's Christopher Lee in my mind. I take any opportunity I can get to imagine Christopher Lee.

That may have come out wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.