main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 ah sounds good. Are you enjoying it?

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yes. If I didn't, I would have given it up before I got too far in the course.

I went through Disc 1, watching it completely, eyes on the screen, making sure there were no sync issues. I didn't find any. There was one in Bound For Rescue which I spotted when Petro says 'It was us who drove them from the ship." The word 'ship' looks like its out of sync but I checked my other copies of the episode and it was present there so I assume that was something that was already there when it was broadcast. But nothing in Disc 1 jumped out for me.

If you can provide maybe times in each episode for sync issues I will gladly check my copy to see. But as far as I am aware there wasn't any.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @hlc88 ah so are you going to work for the NHS?

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I called the number on Friday. Including hold time I was on the phone for 4 minutes and 15 seconds. They took my name, address and will be shipping me disc 2 and I think they said I'll have it in 7 weeks.

5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    ah ok then I will get it for my birthday.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Have they replaced every copy yet? I kinda want to get S5 but I don't want audio sync issues

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't know if they did a recall or not, but technically, they didn't ask for ANY proof that I actually bought the set, so if you really wanted you can call the number and order the replacement disc. When disc 2 arrives in the mail, buy the box set, throw out the disc 2 in the set and replace it with your replacement copy.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Wow... SO tempted right now... [face_devil]

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Not in the UK if you go through Warner UK. You have to send the discs back.

10. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks for clarifying, hlc88. If you live in the US, Dark Lord Tarkas, there is literally nothing stopping you from getting disc 2 for free. All it takes is 3-4 minute phone call.

11. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Not to quibble (ok...not to BRAG). But my message to WB here in North America netted me copies of both discs (also without proof of purchase, though I did indeed buy the set!).

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    7 weeks is an awfully long time.. I called them just over a week ago and the replacement disc came in this afternoon.

They didn't ask for proof or purchase when I called either. That was somewhat surprising.

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yes, sorry, they must have said 7 days, not weeks, as I just got mine last night.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  14. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    ENJOY :)

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Watched part of an episode on the replacement disc and it looked good. No sync problems that I could see.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I feel really bad that Im going to be watching the rest of the series on netflix rather than blu ray....

Hopefully they will release a complete season 1-6 in the future so I can buy them all together.

Atantiabo and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I hope so too, and eventually they might.

I just finished watching "Orange is the New Black" which is a Netflix Original and obviously an exclusive to Netflix. It originally aired July 2013, and according to wikipedia, it will be out on DVD/Blu-ray this May 2014. So as far as the Lost Episodes are concerned, maybe we'll have to wait a year for a potential physical copy.

Small tangent: it's pretty genius actually of Netflix to offer the "Orange is the New Black" as a physical copy. If you're a Netflix member who wants a physical copy, then Netflix is making double money off of you. If you're a non member, then Netflix is making money off of you once and/or possibly converting you to a member to watch the 2nd season when it is available in June.

18. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    If they release another complete box set with the Lost Missions, I'd like:

- All episodes to be in lossless DTS-HD 5.1.
    - All episodes, including the movie, in chronological story order instead of broadcast order.

19. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I couldn't find a topic about the Seasons 1-6 Blu-Ray box set, so I thought I'd ask a question here. I was researching the Season 5 audio problems as I recently purchased the big seasons 1-5 box set on blu-ray, and I noticed one customer review on amazon's listing that sounded strange:
    From what I understand, Season 5 not playing at all might have to do with firmware updates (I own some Star Trek Blu-Rays that won't play in an old Blu-Ray player, for instance) but this person also mentions "multiple audio sync problems" - despite the fact that "season 5 does not function at all"! He seems to be implying that there are audio problems with other seasons as well. This review seems to be the only place on the internet where this is noted, so this reviewer might simply be mistaken, but I thought I'd ask here in case anyone knew about it.

20. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013

I think it's a case of unclear writing. You're right that it seems like it's saying audio problems affect other discs. But there has been no evidence of this from other sources. The sync problems are limited to season 5 from all I can remember us talking about here over 38 pages.

21. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014

Great! Thanks for the info!

22. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    How bad is the sync problem? Is it massively noticeable?

23. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    FWIW, I think I would have noticed it on my own in watching the affected eps. But having heard about it here before buying and knowing which eps/scenes had issues I couldn't not notice it and wasn't able to "unsee" it on subsequent viewings. And the fix was obvious upon watching my corrected replacement discs.

24. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Here's a clip of one of the affected episodes.

25. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

Yes it is. Sometimes there are a few seconds delay between sounds and voices. This is only for the 2nd disc.