main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I love the rain too! Luckily I'm in Oregon, but we've been short as well. He always looks great...sigh

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I love rain. I am likewise in a drought-prone area.

Yes, that is another fine depiction of our Obi. :D

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A heads-up for you Obi-Wan fans - Rancho Obi-Wan (Steve Sansweet's collection) is having a fundraising auction on eBay starting on March 2. The items up for offer include some original Obi-Wan art. You can take a look and get more information here on their website.

4. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Gah! I missed all these updates on here, been getting the updates on the other forum by nasty trolls.

ruth baulding - congrats on the rain…and very nice wet Obi to go with it.

Thanks, LAJ_FETT - I won't be able to buy anything, but I'll go check it out.

So, Cushing's Admirer - you going to post on here of the wedding? Still waiting. Our story needs the happily ever after ending. ;)

5. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    No, I'm sorry ladies but I can't. :(

6. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    We've had flooding for months in my country, the wettest January on record, thousands of buildings damaged, railway tracks washed away and many people evacuated from their homes. It's a shame we couldn't give you lot some of our rain... [face_frustrated] Ah well, hopefully we won't have a water shortage this summer!

Meanwhile, here is dishevelled Obi:

[​IMG]

obimom likes this.
  7. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Don't singe your hair, be careful! ...whew! that was close.[face_laugh]

serendipityaey likes this.
  8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    That's one of my favorite scenes in AOC…disheveled Obi fighting the monsters.

No problem, Cushing's Admirer, we have plenty of creative minds around here. I may even do it, but I want to give someone else a chance if they want. Ash would be really good at a happily ever after wedding scene. :D

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I may have written one of those before... :D ;)

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I think you have Ash, I seem to recall.

11. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    And I'm due another very soon! Elmont is giving me that look...lol

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Cushy gives fellow Obi fans [:D]*

ruth baulding likes this.
  13. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Same here, and there's something about the way he twirls that saber round that just...

I'll get the mop and bucket :)

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Are you in the southwest UK? My area had flooding from the Thames. I'm near the river but just high enough that it didn't affect me. i put a few pics over in the UK Fan Force forum.

15. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan and Elmont in a love triangle, with Ky, the dragon and Siri. :oops:Duh! Whata meeza saying. I think I'll go to bed now.

16. obimom

Oct 31, 2010

[face_rofl]

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Haha! I'm putting that on my list :D That's like a love hexagon tho...

18. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    I'm in the South East. There was flooding round here in Dec/Jan but nothing like the South West or Thames area. I live on relatively high ground so never get flooded, luckily. I guess Obi-Wan was right about the advantages of having the high ground...

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet Ashley. [face_dancing] I can hardly wait.

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Elmont had been pestering me incessantly! Lol. Don't worry, lots more Elmont coming :D

21. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

So that is two people here from the UK close to the flooding! It's been horrible. Thankfully I live in a town that should only get flooded if the chalk pit near to my town is flooded. Then we would be in trouble. But my dad owns a boat on the Thames. He hasn't been able to get to the Marina until recently.

I certainly hope we do not have this level of rain again!

----

In other news... my Obi-Wan plot bunny is working over time. It's give me more ideas for future fics. It is very frustrating.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Luckily the Thames is getting back to normal height. My home didn't get flooded but some further up on the main road did. That was due to water coming up the storm sewers from the Thames, not by flooding from the river itself.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    That sounds horrible. I hope everyone is ok. Glad to hear the Thames is getting back to normal, but is soundless like there will be a bit of cleanup ahead.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I walked up past the houses that were flooded last week and some are a real mess. One had a skip (dumpster) in front filled to the brim with damaged goods and a fridge sitting next to it. Quite a few had a lot of mud covering drives and gardens, and a couple still had standing water. (Not deep but not going away either). One of the local supermarkets has a temporary center set up in their parking area for people to discuss their problems with insurance representatives..

25. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your flooding over there, we've had rain for a couple of weeks but nothing that bad. I suppose I am lucky that I live on high ground.