main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Jedi Knight Fett and Contessa like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Me to.

3. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014

Yes. That is exactly what happened. Except that Bob Iger followed those words with, "Bwahahahaha!!!!!!! And no one can stop me!!!!"

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Never even watched the trailer till now, just watched it today. Yeah, I'm horribly late. Anyway, this jumped out at me:

[​IMG]

Kuat?

And if so... I kinda had to groan. It looks like a bad case of Sci Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale.

The thing that makes it real bad is the Venator on the right, which is explicitly behind the ring structure. Otherwise one could just say that the ring is a massive, massive structure a lot further away from the foreground (left hand) Venator than it looks. But, nope. The one on the right ruins it.

The Venator class is 1,137 meters long. Based on its apparent size relative to the ring structure, I would estimate the ring at less than fifty kilometers in diameter. The planet maybe thirty.

A body that size should be an asteroid. Not a planet with an atmosphere. The only naturally occurring spherical objects known to exist in that size range are neutron stars. Which the thing in the screenshot obviously isn't. It's clearly supposed to be a planet.

Somebody really needs to get on the twitter accounts of Chee, Hidalgo, Filoni etc. and give them a severe tongue-lashing about that. It's just stupid.

Maybe the EU will twist and contort around this shot some way and introduce a hitherto unheard of class of super star destroyer, bigger than an Executor-class but oddly having the exact same form and proportions as a Venator.

Starkeiller likes this.
  5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Only about a week until we get all 13 episodes of the "Lost Missions" on Netflix!

But oh the anticipation is killing me...

From the moment I saw those clips, all those months ago, not a day has gone by when I haven’t thought of them. And now that it’s only a week away, I’m in agony. The closer it gets to release, the worse it gets. The thought of not seeing it…I can’t breathe. I’m haunted by that trailer they never should have shown me. My heart is beating…waiting for those scenes from the trailer to become full arcs. They are in my very soul, tormenting me. I’ll do anything they ask. If you are anticipating it as much as I am, please, tell me.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    With all the talk about the treatment of the EU during TCW I couldn't help but think: How many characters from the series weren't either original TCW creations or at least characters from the original CW multi-media project, or characters from one of the films? I couldn't think of any myself. Anyone else think of any? Not trying to be a smartass, just genuinely curious.:)

7. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    I've recently rewatched the Mandalore arc in season 5 and have to say, this show may have had a lot of filler and childish content, when it was good, it was GOOD. Rebels has a lot to live up to because Clone Wars, although sporadic, had some amazing episodes.

Barriss_Coffee and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I think I know how you feel, CL. I was just as antsy before broadcasting started here. Even though I've seen about half of them now, the post-icipation is still killing me. I even dreamt a
    Fives-
    montage last night. If that's not obsession on my part, then what is?

Circular Logic likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    *Backs away slowly*

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  10. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I've watched the German versions of the first four episodes on You Tube and even in a foreign language they're fantastic episodes, with hints of The Manchurian Candidate and medical thrillers. You really feel sorry for the clones because they're pawns in Palpatine's game and the Kaminoans have a high-handed attitude towards the clones.

Although the episodes take place in gleaming Kaminoan cities and the bright lights of Coruscant, there's some really murky dealings in the storylines. In this arc, medical facilities aren't places of safety - they're where the clones are in danger.

The arc is similar to the last arc of season 5 where Ahsoka is framed and goes on the run, but tying this arc into Order 66 still gives it a lot of dramatic impact.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hmm. That's all I'm going to say.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Cue 'Psycho' score.[face_whistling]

13. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    That makes perfect sense. There's no way Cartoon Network could play a show owned by their rivals. But why not just move channels? Why cancel everything?

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    OT time period is the biggest cash cow for Disney.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah.

I'll add to it though.

Don't tell me, I'll watch for myself next week, but if these episodes resemble the fugitive arc and/or retcon the movies (or the new PC term for retcon, "play with our perceptions"), I'm going to be thrilled that this show was cancelled.

I still have hope for the Clovis arc though.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  16. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I don't think you'll be disappointed. IMHO they went deep. It affirmed my love for Anakin.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Any parents here let their kids watch the series? I was going to share the series my 2 and 3 year old nephews, but I don't want them to get scared. Thoughts?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I did. My kids were 4 and 2 when we started watching I believe; it was about the same time I introduced them to the OT.

My oldest will be 9 in May and he really likes the show; my youngest (who will be 7 in May) doesn't care for it. But it's taste, not a matter of his being scared; he isn't.

It depends on the kid and how sensitive they are. I wouldn't let a kid who is prone to nightmares watch Ropal being tortured, for example.

Bunnie and TiniTinyTony like this.
  19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I started to let sonny watch the series when he was 6. There's stuff he's absolutely scared of, like hospital scenes or crime scenes, so I started by watching the episodes in advance and let him watch them later when I was sure there was nothing in them to scare him (it has a 12+ rating here). Now that he's 10 we watch them together.

20. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    My girls are 9 and 4 and I watch it with them. My 9 yr old isn't that crazy about it because One Direction isn't in it, but the 4 yr old loves it.:p

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's been exactly a year since the finale aired.

Revanfan1 and credar like this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I should get around to seeing that last arc sometime.

...naw.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw it for you.

Spare yourself.

Or drink heavily and MST it.

Or I'll drink heavily and MST it for you.

Or something.

Revanfan1 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I sort of feel guilty posting something like that because I don't want to be one of those curmudgeons who trashes a show (or movie/game/book/etc) that I've never seen, but... I guess I just don't want to remember Barriss like that. :( I've seen a couple of brief segments from the arc and she just doesn't seem like the same character at all. Kind of like what happened to Jacen Solo in the books, for anyone who's read the EU.

But hey, I'll be down for a drunken MST someday. :p And you should totally do it dressed as Asajj!