main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    That picture in the Dangerous Convenants preview looks awfully like the description of the Drunk Dancer and it looks to be taking off from a devastated Kashyyyk. Even if that isn't the case, words cannot describe my love for FFG. :D

DigitalMessiah likes this.
  2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Probably so.

3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I notice a RM-09 Alliance shuttle heading towards it on the card. The type from EAW that was just a space version of the RTT transport from the original TCW game.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I actually liked both EaW and FoC, so I always like seeing it used, and the Phoenix Rising mod has gone a long way in making it how it should have been in the first place. Though even I am uneasy with the strangeness that happened during EaW's development, where Petroglyph was clearly planning to use existing stuff, like the Dodonna-class assault frigate (Assault Frigate Mark I) and the 1-M Imperial-class repulsortank, before strangely ending up creating a lot of original stuff, the Assault Frigate Mark II and the 2-M Saber-class repulsortank. I also completely understand many of the complaints with FoC, like the lack of Empire vs. Rebellion only GC maps, and the Zann Consortium (Petroglyph's dream team).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Forgive me for going off-topic, but what's actually going on with Phoenix Rising? Most of the news articles seem to have disappeared from the front page of their site and it keeps telling me that the page for their forum no longer exists.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am not having any problems with the Phoenix Rising website, occasionally something like that will happen to me, but it is currently working right now.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I think it's just a new alien with a neck crest. The Yevetha's crests are on their temples.

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The face of the alien looks like a Barabel IMO. Dunno about the neck frills.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I could never get Phoenix rising to work properly. Game always crashed. The other major mod, the Thrawn one, worked find though.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It's totally a Tarasin (some fan art).

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Three new races for Dangerous Covenants - Aqualish, Weequay, and Klatooinian.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a really dangerous place to live, but still awesome. ;)

13. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I wouldn't want to live there... people are living right above me and I would feel compelled to get a stick and bash my ceiling to calm them down :p Where is that anyway?

Also, cool to see the Aqualish and Weequay. In the past, I wouldn't have cared about them but gained some newfound appreciation for these races.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  14. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Announcing the Star Wars Age of Rebellion Game Master's Kit

[​IMG]

As members of the Rebel Alliance, player characters in Star Wars®: Age of Rebellion™ are sure to be confronted with myriad dangerous, and downright deadly situations. Whether racing for cover under heavy blaster fire, or trying to infiltrate an Imperial base, the Star Wars®: Age of Rebellion™ Game Master’s Kit has everything you need to keep your players focused on the action!

(Link)

15. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A female Rebel solider, a Duros Rebel soldier, a Mon Cal cruiser, and all four Rebel fighter designs? Oh FFG, I do love you! Diversity at its finest!

--Adm. Nick

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

No clue actually, though might be Nar Shaddaa.

Cronal likes this.
  17. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do? When they come for you? ;)

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If we take that art literally - is this a new model of Imperial-class, with single-barrelled main turrets rather than double or octuple?

19. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    It's meant to be the Devastor, so we better just call artistic license. ;)

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The tower looks more like that of an Imperial II.

But then, early Imperial-class looking like TESB Imperial II, happens a lot in the comics - artistic licence in general is probably a better explanation than changing tower design back and forth.

21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    iven the width compared to the height of the tower, it actually looks more like an Immobilizer-418 tower.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I've been reading some of Suns of Fortune in my LCS, and I think Grand Moff Naomi Dargon might become my new favorite Imperial. The sucessor to Fliry Vlorru being an extremely crafty, ruthless and smart female? Yessir. And I'm sure GrandAdmiralJello will be happy to see a female Grand Moff. :p

Iron_lord and AdmiralWesJanson like this.
  23. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    FFG does love their Duros. Not that there's anything whatsoever wrong with that.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Female Imperials are always good to see, but a female grand moff is a true gift indeed! That makes her one of the highest-ranking female Imperials that we've ever seen.

About how much info is there on her? Just a mention, a blurb, or (wishful thinking) a profile?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    There's a sidebar detailing her, her personal history (she's a Coruscanti and member of an influential loyalist family) and her personality, but nothing too deep. While skimming through the book I saw several mentions of her in planetary profiles, so I'm assuming there's plenty more. She ordered the BDZ on Froz first mentioned in (I think) Ambush at Selonia, for example.

Iron_lord likes this.