main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Hey, what happened to that after Forces of Corruption?

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Just another loose thread really, unfortunately, that will most likely never be finished up. I think the Empire at War developer shut down long ago too, and EA will probably be too busy redoing the Battle of Hoth again to even think about a Star Wars RTS game.

Interesting tidbits. The Revanites were somewhat interesting with their worship of Revan (as well as their fan theory of Revan being host body to the Sith Emperor or something like that), though they sure spread fast, but having both Republic and Sith followers would make sense, given Revan's own life. Just hope they don't just replace Dread with Revanite as the new third faction for both sides to fight.

Too bad Revan wasn't around long enough to take control of the Revanites (unless after he was defeated at the Foundry he did take control of them, you never know). Then again, just because the cult was inspired by him doesn't necessarily mean they'll listen to him either, cults are crazy like that.

3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Massive shadow war with the Zann Consortium? Thus explaining why we never see or hear about them again?

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Hmm, the Order of Revan... I forget if the Revanites were actually called that, or if this could actually be different and the name for the real Revan's own faction?

But running with the idea it is indeed the same Revanites who we saw on Korriban, this now makes me wonder if the spoilers about seeing "Darth Revan" again will have been red-herrings, and if it'll turn out to just be a Revanite imposter again, as that questline was only for Imperial players, so this might just be to let Republic players also have some fun fighting the Revanite fanatics...

If it is indeed the real Revan, though, whether a different group, or he's taken control of the Revanites, or whatever, then I do like the idea that Revan would be doing what Kreia had said all along: gathering both Jedi and Sith to defeat the True Sith [Emperor].

The Rakatan artifacts is interesting... am I right in remembering that in addition to the Star Forge and Foundry, there was rumoured to be a third Rakatan factory? I forget where I read that... but I could have sworn I'd read that. Even if it'd be a bit of a re-run of the Foundry, I'd be fully open to something like that simply due to how boring the Foundry was, as at least this time there'd be some build up, not just "go to this place you've never heard of before".

I hope Imperial players won't be forced to just go and bash Revan again though. We've done that already. It'd be nice to see the Dark Council questioning the Emperor's agenda and the Player Character allowed to actually pick a side, rather than be forced into just being the good little Imperial who goes to fight the bad man who wants to defeat the Emperor. It's pretty clear the Emperor has no loyalty to the Empire anymore than the Republic, and they need to start letting your character's story start seeing that, even if Darth Marr or some of the other senior Sith continue to play nice, your own character will need to eventually reach a situation where they'll almost surely end up fighting the Emperor in an Operation.

purplerain likes this.
  5. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  6. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    About "The Infinite Army"...
    It looks that it is an army of cyborgs.

Theron Shan: "That means I can't trust my people, and Lana can't trust hers--present company excluded. And if the Revanites are building an army of cyborgs..."

Yes, and they are regarded as threat by both sides

I think that there are 4 possibilities with Revan appearance:
    1. Revan is alive and (or not) leading the Order of Revan.
    2. Another Revan wannabe imposter.
    3. Revan as force ghost.
    4. Revan as hologram.

It is also worth noting that this NPC is no longer named "Master". Now it's called "Revan".

7. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I was if the third star forge can turn the galaxy into a bunch of Korribans.

Zorrixor likes this.
  8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yes! The origin of Moraband! 8-}

:p

(Although, actually, that's a damn interesting idea... as usually "can xenoform planets" makes people think of changing the wildlife or creating new rivers and plants... but it could do the opposite, and be used to desolate planets, so... very interesting thought... xenoforming a world back into a barren rock. That's a very, very nasty weapon.)

Cronal and purplerain like this.
  9. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    If I was doing SWTOR's story I'd stay away from TCW. I don't understand why the EU keeps flying so close to the sun.

10. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
  11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Heh, according to the cantina tour data, of all worlds for a new starfighter map, they choose Denon. Assuming that's not a typo and I'm not thinking of the wrong planet either. Well, for all those complaints that we never got to see Denon after the Vong War (when Coruscant was supposed to be uninhabitable for decades), at least TOR will show some of it. It'll just be another generic planet, but still, nice to see TOR drawing on the EU.

Theron looks pretty good, close to what we saw of him in Lost Suns, hope his voice will be good too. The 2.7 public test update has been pushed to... well, whenever they feel like it (it was supposed to be last Monday, then Wednesday, then Thursday, now they say they're still working on some last minute bugs), so don't think there have been any videos yet.

Especially in this era, there's always another ancient device or superweapon to dig up, just hope the story won't be utterly generic.

MercenaryAce and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    I wonder why they still bother with Character concept art, when their crappy engine or art style cant make subtle enough appearances that differs from the 20 or so default appearances.

13. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Why would an interstellar war ever be called a "shadow war"? They're not beholden to keep continuity where only Rebels/Imperials are allowed to be significant at any one time.

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I let my sub expire Feb 6 cause I got back into Skyrim. I quite enjoyed my Imp toons.

15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I let it expire because of TESO. But I might sub another month for the double xp weekend.

16. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    It's funny how Theron looks 20 years older than he's supposed to be, while his mother looks 30 years younger than she's supposed to be. I can't help but coming to the conclusion that Revan had very bad genes and Bastila had amazing genes, so that 10 generations later, we get a mother who looks younger than her son. [face_laugh]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Will the Empire actually win some war this time?

Also what is Lana's Sith Title?

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    She's a Jedi, she has Force Mask to make herself look younger.

Remember Darth Zash?

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is not Force mask a sith technique?

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, both sides use it.

At last we have more blonde female Sith.

21. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I believe it's a power of the vain side of the Force.

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    Some dialogue nodes from Rakata Prime:

<Conversation Id="16141018690049193417"> <Fqn>cnv.flashpoint.rakata_prime.shared.rooftop_console</Fqn>
    <DialogNodes>
    <DialogNode Id="1"> <Speaker Id="3758132048">Lana Beniko</Speaker> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty>
    <DialogNode Id="2"> <Text></Text> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="3"> <Speaker Id="3758132048">Lana Beniko</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="9"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="10"> <Speaker Id="3758160412">Jakarro</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="11"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="12"> <Speaker Id="3758122859">C2-D4</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="7"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="8"> <Speaker Id="3758117829">Theron Shan</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="13"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="14"> <Speaker Id="3758132048">Lana Beniko</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="15"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="16"> <Speaker Id="3758117829">Theron Shan</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="17"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="18"> <Speaker Id="3758117829">Theron Shan</Speaker> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty>
    <DialogNode Id="19"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty> <IsPlayerNode>true</IsPlayerNode>
    <DialogNode Id="20"> <Speaker Id="3758133637">Revan</Speaker> <Text></Text>
    <DialogNode Id="44"> <Text /> <IsEmpty>true</IsEmpty>

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, it's free and I've got nothing better to do with my spare time at the moment.

Might as well start playing this.

24. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    When will that be?

I could look for myself, but where's the fun in that ;)

25. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    GLHF! I'm so jealous. You have 10 unique storylines ahead of you, if you get that far, that is. Finished most of them last month after a year of playing and went free to play waiting for the next big story expansion.