main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The movie made it clear that she was a minor, but the whole "she should be 12, LOL!" sentiment that he has there is new to me.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    It's still a little creepy that they were talking like that, but I don't think they were being totally serious with the ages thrown out initially. At least I hope not.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    They were hazing Kasdan.

4. DarthBarrister

DarthBarrister Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2014
    This. And I thought, "I was a child" was more about her emotional level, rather than her actual age range.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

yeah I felt like his last great movie was Air Force 1. I used to be a mega fan. The man can still act, he just doesn't pick good movies anymore. I will have to check out Ender's game

6. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    He was pretty good in Ender's Game, and I don't think he did anything wrong in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was just...everything else in that movie.

JediMatteus likes this.
  7. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    People complain about Crystal Skull like they've never seen stuff like Morning Glory. God, my brain.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    His interview in Bruno was greatly riveting.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

You should go watch '42'. Non sports fans may not appreciate it quite as much but it was still an extremely well made film. And Ford did an excellent job playing Branch Rickey.

JediMatteus and tjace like this.
  10. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Let's all go on those dating sites out there and send messages to all the men and women who have their age ranges set to only two years older than them to twenty years younger. Let's all message them and tell them how big of scoundrels they are. It will take awhile because there will be a lot of people to message.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, a 50 year old messing around with a 30 year old is the same as a 25 year old preying on a 12-15 year old.

You're really on top of this.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm so confused how this discussion got to where it is.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    People happened, that's how this discussion ended up here.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway, the moral of the story from my perspective is give Harrison Ford a chance in his old age to prove he can actually do a bit more instead of simply glower. Sure, he still leans heavily on glowering but you look for the pieces in between, and his general acting prowess seems to have increased since Crystal Skull, wherein before that he had a solid decade of not being very energetic on screen. Now he seems a bit more interesting to watch, which could pay off in 2 more Indy movies and also him playing Han Solo again.

15. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    But what if they have him prey on a 60-year-old woman in the films?

16. karilyan

karilyan Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2014
    I wonder how much he'll exercise his action chops in the Expendables 3?

17. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    He's in Expendables 3? I keep wondering if that series is proof that all 80s action actors are all pretty easygoing, or that they all need the money these days.

18. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    who cares, it's awesome!

Gamiel likes this.
  19. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I think people saying that Indiana was messing around with a 14 year old are looking into it just a little too much and twisting things around to coincide with their own thought process. Her just saying she was young doesn't imply she was 14. She saying she was young could just of well meant she was 18. And besides, they never come out and say they were sexually involved in the past either. A 15 year old doesn't need to have sex with someone to feel like she/he is in love with someone.

20. DarthBarrister

Jan 16, 2014
    I think the comments are more about the conversation between Lucas, Spielberg and Kasdan that she was 11 or 12 and promiscuous than what you described.

21. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

And why are people making such a big deal about brainstorming ideas? What actually made it into the movies is what matters.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****.

I had always imagined Marion as around 18, 17 at the youngest, and Indy in his late 20s/early 30s when Indy worked for Abner and they had their original romance. Especially since I had also assumed that Abner died of old age and it would therefore make more sense for Marion to be in her late 20s in Raiders, unless Abner was in his 50s when she was born.

After reading that conversation I'm pretty disgusted. I'm just going to gave to not think about it as it will ruin Indy and Marion for me if I do.

23. DarthBarrister

Jan 16, 2014
    Here? Because her age is vague, there's a line where she says she was a child, and so maybe there's more to it than that.

24. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Twenty year olds are considered to still be children by a lot of folks. Look it's obvious Lucas likes to put very young people into adult roles. Look what he did with Leia and especially look at what he did with Padme. But until he actually either shows or gives hints to underage sex on-screen I am not going to crucify him. Does a man or woman who thinks for a moment that a particular 16 year old has a cute behind but does nothing more than that get put in prison?

25. Grey1

Nov 21, 2000
    I imagine all of this is relevant because Indiana Jones appeared in Yoda Stories?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.