main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Battle of Words {A War of Kings OOC Thread}

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    The Fleet list is now canon! Hooray!

greyjedi125 likes this.
  2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    You should have Lawrence's ghost visit a certain young boy and 'counsel' him to take a certain path. *ahem* [face_whistling]:p

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

"Use the list, Fleet..."

Ktala and greyjedi125 like this.
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Haha! I love it.

And thank you @spycoder9, this is all your doing. :p [face_peace]

5. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I was combing back over some old posts, and I rediscovered some sneaky little things Trieste did in his. ;) They'll make you wonder how you never saw it coming. . .

Here's a quote from one of his earlier posts:

Soon Lawrence’s tent, a light Desert design large enough for one, was erected and he went inside. After the events of the day, it did not take long for the knight to drift into the sleep of dreams. They were dreams of Safia Rolmar, her body whipped by a fire that burned her not. Or was it Illiza—she shifted back in forth in a dream of fire and stone, fire and stone, fire and stone

And then there's this sneaky little tidbit:

He had once met a man of golden skin, round face, and long eyes who had visited Kalkheim, passing through. He came from a distant land, Lawrence couldn’t for the life of him remember where, and he said one morning upon arising that he was much troubled for his hosts. There had been a red sunrise that morning. In his land, a red sunrise was a sign that blood had been spilt in the night. Much to everyone’s relief, all were very much alive and breathing. But tonight Lawrence wondered whether or not a red sunset portended blood to come

From the Illiza/Ser Lawrence scene:

His hands dwelt upon the body of Illiza instead, the open robe. His own chest was laid bare now, he knew not how.

“What has been said in the darkness shall be heard in the light.”

The words of his mother echoed back to Lawrence through the halls of memory. Their house words. Lawrence would have to remember to keep his mouth shut for the remainder of the night.

Behind them, the fire blazed brighter than before.

Before the battle in the Plains:

They were moving away from Fenton's base of power, not towards it. And he'd thought--incorrectly it seemed--that King Desmond has a firm hand on the Prairies to prevent the raiding of villages. He had expected a relatively uneventful journey. Very little of what Lawrence had expected was coming to pass this journey.

And the last one, when racing with the Princess:

BRANCH!

Lawrence had only a moment to duck underneath the branch hanging over his course, readily apparent to anyone keeping their eyes forward and focused on they were going, but he'd been distracted by Safia. It had been a close shave. Getting one's head lopped off wouldn't make for a very good wedding. Lawrence gave his head a single shake to work off the sudden shock.

Just something I wanted to share with everyone. :D

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think you give me too much credit on some of those. ;) For example, I didn't know until it happened that Illiza would be burned alive. The other stuff...maybe I was being clever...or maybe hindsight is 20/20. The world will never know. Well, they will if you ever find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop.

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    The world may never know :(

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    When the acrobat said he'd seen everything from a high vantage point...I had a feeling I knew what was coming.

Yup, sure did. :)

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Updates should be coming soon. Been a little busy the past few weeks.

10. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Of course, after I posted that, I wound up catching the flu. [face_sick] I'm on the tail-end of it, so maybe I'll be able to get back on track.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Feel better @spycoder9. Have no worries, you're worth the wait. This is nothing. [:D]

spycoder9 likes this.
  12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    What Grey said Spy ;)

Hope you whip it quickly.

spycoder9 likes this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I hope you whip it quickly, and whip it good.

Feel better!

spycoder9 likes this.
  14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **reads Trieste's post...**

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

Hehehe..I LOVE Chelsee!!
    This is a fun family, I can see!! :p

greyjedi125 likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    The thought occurred to me that Lorain and Chelsee would likely get along pretty well. [face_laugh]

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I took the test as Fleet. Not sure I like the answer. :p

You got: You’d die in a sword fight!
    [​IMG]Via HBO
    You can be foolishly headstrong and stubborn in your ways. What seems like self-confidence is often a disguise for insecurity, and you find that you act in ways around people that don’t reflect your true self. You’ll give a noble effort, but will die by someone else’s sword.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    NOT COMMENTING!!!!
    Then again..I didnt like some of those questions... The guys they pictured were Far too dang ugly!!

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I have to admit when I saw that section I was glad I was not playing a female character.

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BWHAHAHAHA! Too hilarious.

So...I just answered for myself, not as a chracter in this game...and well...
    1. You got: You’d be decapitated!
      [​IMG]
      You’re well-intentioned and loyal to a fault. All you really want is to see justice in the world, but you find that others don’t quite understand you. You work very hard, but unfortunately your efforts never seem to get the attention they deserve. Sadly, this means you’d be killed by a backwards system of justice.
    So...ummm...yeah...I'm going to go with this quiz being scarily accurate. [face_laugh]

And then when I answered them the way I thought Ginnifer would answer them...I got the same thing.

I do not like where this is headed.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    LOL@Trieste :p

I'd prefer to die in a LASER SWORD FIGHT!

SW FTW!!!!!

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Hahahaha!

This causes me to remember a quote my sister and her husband have hanging on their wall that encapsulates my feelings about Ginnifer:

[​IMG]

Ktala likes this.
  23. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey all, posting my CS soon. :3

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Lorain: "Fleet!...Time to bust a move outta dis desert!! Where's that boat again?!!!!"

:D

GEEZEE!!!!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Bust a move? [face_dancing]

Geezee? XD