main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm, well,
    maybe Ventress is not the only bounty hunter who will come calling.

2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Well in order for there to be 22 episodes without the Youngling Arc
    1. A War on Two Fronts
    2. Front Runners
    3. The Soft War
    4 . Tipping Points
    5. An Old Friend
    6. Rise of Clovis
    7. Crisis at the Heart
    8. Secret Weapons
    9 . The Void
    10. Missing in Action
    11. Point of No Return
    12. Revival
    13. Eminence
    14. Shades of Reason
    15. The Lawless
    16. Bane/ Cin Drallig Story
    17. Bane/ Cin Drallig Story
    18. Bane / Cin Drallig Story
    19. Sabotage
    20. The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    21. To Catch a Jedi
    22. The Wrong Jedi

Perhaps that was the original order.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That would have been something interesting to watch.

4. Josh Mekola

Josh Mekola Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2014
    It would have been SOOOO cool to see Cad Bane again, especially since it's been two years since we last saw him in Season 4's "Crisis on Naboo", which kinda humiliated him...

5. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    We get Jar Jar not Bane.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013

7. Josh Mekola

Josh Mekola Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2014
    The Mace/Jar Jar story looked cool, but I'd have rather received the bounty hunter arc instead.

8. Darth Wookiee

Nov 29, 2013
    Definitely, nobody wants a final showcase for Jar Jar, we want a final showcase for Aurra, Boba, Bane, and you all know him, MAY I PRESENT.....

HONDO OHNAKA!

9. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Is this Bane/Drallig arc something that actually was being produced or is it just speculation?

10. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    Cad Bane doing a quick draw gun showdown has been used a lot recently (TBB, TBoBF) but I don't remember him ever doing one before the unproduced TCW episode reel. Am I remembering wrong (which is very possible since it's been years since I watched the earlier seasons of TCW) or did this only start becoming a thing recently?

11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    He was usually up against lightsaber wielders so there weren't many chances for such standoffs to happen. I believe this is the only one he had prior to TCW's cancellation:

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cad Bane in clone wars was one of the best things about, best villains. Shame we never got his last clone wars arc. But we will hopefully get in book or comic one day. He will probably continnue to be in Bad Batch and other animated shows and live action shows after clone wars and before Book of Boba.

13. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I found Bane appeared in less episodes than I expected during my most recent watch-through. He was always used well when he did show up, going toe-to-toe with pretty much anyone, but yeah, I thought he had a bigger part.

Definitely used better than he was on TBoBF, either way.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Honestly to this day I still remember how cool I thought Bane was when he first appeared. He became one of my favorite villains right away.

15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I remember getting Heath Ledger Joker vibes from Cad Bane when he first appeared in 2008. Obviously his characterization is very different, but the threat he presented felt similar. He had the Western outlaw thing going on from the very beginning, but his first episode, "Hostage Crisis", made him feel more like an urban terrorist with him taking the Senate hostage and threatening to bomb a highly populated area. He also felt considerably more dangerous than the foes we had seen in TCW up to that point, similar to how the Joker felt a lot more dangerous and unpredictable than the bad guys in Batman Begins - and previous superhero movies in general. Once he moved on to other jobs and he started feeling more and more like a traditional gunslinger, he lost that association in my mind.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    For whatever reason, I actually watched Season Two before Season One back in 2012. I got into TCW late. Therefore, I was impressed with Cad Bane's intelligence, given how he was able to successfully steal a holocron from the Jedi Temple. I didn't see him and his assembled bounty hunters take the Senate hostage until I watched Season One afterward. I remember going to my friend's house to watch Season Five, and I was initially disappointed that Bane was not in it. However, given how Ahsoka-centric Season Five was, I loved the season overall.

17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Cad Bane may be a vicious bastard, but he's one of the best Star Wars villains.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.